|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florentino tell his uncle is the only thing he cares about?
2. Which event would Florentino and Dr. Urbino most likely have crossed paths?
3. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
4. How many children did Florentino have?
5. What color would the flag ships fly to indicate someone on board suffered from cholera?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the difference between love and obsession. Use examples from the story to provide details as to what constitutes obsession and what constitutes love.
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Urbino and Fermina did not marry for love. Do you believe a meaningful marriage can be had when love is not involved? Support your opinion with real-life examples and information from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of divided love. Use specific examples from the text to support your idea of what it means to have divided love.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)