|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fermina Daza do with the furniture?
2. Which of the following characters was the captain of the boat on which Florentino and Fermina sailed?
3. Which of the following does Florentino tell her to think of love as?
4. Where does Florentino see Fermina after she has returned from living with her cousin for two years?
5. Which event would Florentino and Dr. Urbino most likely have crossed paths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Urbino and Fermina did not marry for love. Do you believe a meaningful marriage can be had when love is not involved? Support your opinion with real-life examples and information from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the underlying use of rape throughout this novel. Use examples from the story to support an opinion of the point of using such a violent act throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
This novel did not occur in chronological order. Explain how effective you felt the author's use of time shifting between the past and present were as a writing technique. Use specific examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)