|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florentino write on Olimpia Zuleta?
2. What helped Fermina through her grief?
3. Which of the following items did she NOT auction off?
4. How long were Fermina and Dr. Urbino away on their second honeymoon?
5. What were Dr. Urbino and Fermina celebrating at the beginning of chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout this novel, both a civil war and medical epidemic are occurring. Describe how the lines between the two were blurred for the characters in this novel. Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
This novel did not occur in chronological order. Explain how effective you felt the author's use of time shifting between the past and present were as a writing technique. Use specific examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The idea of morality shifts throughout this book for Florentino. Describe your idea of morality as it compares to his. Use examples from real life and the novel to demonstrate the various concepts of morality.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)