|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fermina's miserable feelings leads her to ask for what?
2. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
3. Which character has the more optimistic view of aging?
4. What did Florentino write on Olimpia Zuleta?
5. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Fermina's daughter feels about her relationship with Florentino?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relevance of the balloon ride across the country that Fermina and Dr. Urbina took.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the purpose of including the intestinal discomfort Florentino experienced often throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Florentino. Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)