|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the story felt that old age held no promise and no joy?
(a) Jeremiah de Saint-Amour
(c) Dr. Juvenal Urbino
(d) Lorenzo Daza
2. What other event earlier in the novel lead to a disagreement with Fermina and Dr. Urbino?
(a) Fight over shampoo
(b) Fight over soap
(c) Fight over where to live
(d) Fight over children
3. Which of the following is an antonym for steadfast as it is used in chapter four?
4. The balloon trip to San Juan de la Cienega was the country's first attempt at what?
(a) Hot air balloon travel
(b) Blimp travel
(d) Airmail delivery
5. Why does Florentino fear that death will end his plans to win Fermina's heart?
(a) They are both aging
(b) She is very ill
(c) Death always ruins the plans of love
(d) He is very ill
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Florentino have?
2. What prevents Florentino from continuing to visit Fermina on a weekly basis?
3. Which of the following is a synonym for rumination as it is used in chapter four?
4. In what way was Leona Cassiani important to Florentino?
5. Which of the following characters was murdered?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)