|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Florentino's nickname for Fermina?
(a) Beautiful Goddess
(b) Crowned Glory
(c) Crowned Goddess
2. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
(a) A dying country
(c) Love aging
(d) Love divided
3. Why does Florentino lose this position?
(a) He sleeps with his uncle's wife
(b) All of his writing sounds like a love letter
(c) He never shows up to work
(d) He has intestinal issues that make it difficult to work
4. Where is Florentino when the church bells toll indicating Dr. Urbino is dead?
(a) Driving the riverboat
(b) At Fermina's home
(c) In a private cabin behind the riverboat company
(d) At home in bed with America
5. Which of the following is NOT an event that Fermina regularly complains about plaguing her in chapter four?
(a) Formality of the household
(b) Florentino's letters
(c) Boring routine
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is an antonym for steadfast as it is used in chapter four?
2. What does Florentino call his clandestine liaisons with many different women?
3. What does Florentino pledge to Fermina?
4. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Fermina's daughter feels about her relationship with Florentino?
5. Which character in the story felt that old age held no promise and no joy?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)