|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items did she NOT auction off?
(d) Things she bought on her honeymoon
2. How many people were on the boat at the end of the story?
3. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
(a) Love aging
(b) A dying country
(d) Love divided
4. Which of the following is something Fermina did NOT burn?
(d) Letters from Florentino
5. How could Dr. Urbino diagnose what killed the many corpses they see dotting the countryside from the air?
(a) He can see the bullets flying and hitting men
(b) He can see the ravages of cholera
(c) He can see a mortal wound in the back of each neck
(d) He can see the signs of tuberculosis
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally gives in and ends the estrangement of Fermina living with her cousin?
2. Where do the rumors indicate that Fermina has fled when she leaves the city?
3. Which of the following is NOT a plague that affected people in this time period in Columbia?
4. What vision did Florentino give up in regard to Fermina?
5. What does Florentino resolve to become in order to win Fermina?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)