|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many publishers expressed an interest in publishing Florentino's book, which he entitled A Lover's Companion?
2. What helped Fermina through her grief?
(a) Florentino's mediations
(b) Florentino's love
(c) Florentino's presence
(d) Florentino's lectures
3. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
(b) Ofelia Urbino
(d) America Vicuna
4. What were Dr. Urbino and Fermina celebrating at the beginning of chapter five?
(a) Being in love
(c) Beginning of a new century
(d) Beginning of a new decade
5. What vision did Florentino give up in regard to Fermina?
(a) Making her pregnant
(b) Showering her with gold and treasure
(c) Marrying her
(d) Writing to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a synonym for rumination as it is used in chapter four?
2. What is Florentino's nickname for Fermina?
3. How old is Florentino in this chapter?
4. What physical injury caused Dr. Urbino's death?
5. The balloon trip to San Juan de la Cienega was the country's first attempt at what?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)