|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fermina feel as she thinks about Florentino's announcement at the vigil for Dr. Urbino?
2. What does Florentino resolve to become in order to win Fermina?
(a) A successful writer/poet
(b) A personal success
(c) Rich and wealthy
(d) A fabulous lover
3. What tool used by the author would best describe his making Florentino unable to perform the first time they attempted to have sex?
(b) Metaphorical language
4. What does Florentino tell his uncle is the only thing he cares about?
5. How many lovers is Florentino left with at the time Dr. Urbino dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the more optimistic view of aging?
2. How long were Fermina and Dr. Urbino away on their second honeymoon?
3. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
4. Which of the following terms does NOT describe the arrangement between Dr. Urbino and Fermina while she lived with her cousin?
5. What prevents Florentino from continuing to visit Fermina on a weekly basis?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)