|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the riverbanks they saw as they sailed down the river?
(c) Littered with bodies
2. Where do the rumors indicate that Fermina has fled when she leaves the city?
(a) Her cousin's house
(b) To another country
(c) To the countryside
(d) A hospital for the rich
3. What does Florentino resolve to become in order to win Fermina?
(a) Rich and wealthy
(b) A successful writer/poet
(c) A personal success
(d) A fabulous lover
4. Which position was Florentino demoted to by his uncle?
(a) Riverboat captain
(b) Mail clerk
(c) Writing business letters for his uncle
(d) Trash collector
5. What does the term disfigured mean?
(a) To mar the appearance of someone
(b) To enhance the appearance of someone
(c) To stain
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has the more optimistic view of aging?
2. What is Florentino's nickname for Fermina?
3. What is Florentino's first position at the riverboat company?
4. Who finally gives in and ends the estrangement of Fermina living with her cousin?
5. What other event earlier in the novel lead to a disagreement with Fermina and Dr. Urbino?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)