|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Dr. Urbino and Fermina celebrating at the beginning of chapter five?
(a) Beginning of a new century
(b) Beginning of a new decade
(c) Being in love
2. At what event do Fermina and Florentino next meet face to face?
(a) One-year anniversary Mass for Dr. Urbino's death
(b) Market Place
(c) Two days after the anniversary Mass for Dr. Urbino's death
(d) In Fermina's home
3. How do the insults in Fermina's letter affect Florentino?
(a) Leave him carefree
(b) Leave him afraid
(c) Leave him undaunted
(d) Leave him concerned
4. Which character in the story felt that old age held no promise and no joy?
(a) Dr. Juvenal Urbino
(b) Lorenzo Daza
(c) Jeremiah de Saint-Amour
5. For how long does Florentino suffer before he finds a letter from Fermina on his stoop?
(a) 1 week
(b) 4 weeks
(c) 2 weeks
(d) 3 weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the riverbanks they saw as they sailed down the river?
2. What is Florentino's nickname for Fermina?
3. What is meant by the term cultivates as used in chapter five?
4. Why does Florentino lose this position?
5. How many children did Florentino have?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)