|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Dr. Urbino diagnose what killed the many corpses they see dotting the countryside from the air?
(a) He can see the bullets flying and hitting men
(b) He can see the ravages of cholera
(c) He can see the signs of tuberculosis
(d) He can see a mortal wound in the back of each neck
2. The balloon trip to San Juan de la Cienega was the country's first attempt at what?
(b) Hot air balloon travel
(c) Airmail delivery
(d) Blimp travel
3. Which of the following characters was the captain of the boat on which Florentino and Fermina sailed?
(d) De Saint-Amour
4. When Florentino sees Fermina for the first time after her return, he is surprised to see that she is not ____________________.
5. Who is Florentino's current mistress?
(a) Widow Nazaret
(b) Olimpia Zuleta
(d) America Vicuna
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fermina feel as she thinks about Florentino's announcement at the vigil for Dr. Urbino?
2. Why does Florentino lose this position?
3. What does Florentino tell his uncle is the only thing he cares about?
4. Which character said the following "Love is ridiculous at our age, but at theirs it is revolting"?
5. How many people were on the boat at the end of the story?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)