|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term disfigured mean?
(a) To stain
(b) To mar the appearance of someone
(c) To enhance the appearance of someone
2. For how long does Florentino suffer before he finds a letter from Fermina on his stoop?
(a) 3 weeks
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 4 weeks
(d) 1 week
3. At what event do Fermina and Florentino next meet face to face?
(a) Market Place
(b) One-year anniversary Mass for Dr. Urbino's death
(c) In Fermina's home
(d) Two days after the anniversary Mass for Dr. Urbino's death
4. What event does Florentino go to because Fermina always announces the winners?
(a) Musical theater
(b) Poetic festival
(c) Art awards
(d) Theater performance
5. How do the insults in Fermina's letter affect Florentino?
(a) Leave him concerned
(b) Leave him carefree
(c) Leave him afraid
(d) Leave him undaunted
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following means the same as impertinence?
2. What happened to the riverbanks they saw as they sailed down the river?
3. Who is Florentino's current mistress?
4. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Fermina's daughter feels about her relationship with Florentino?
5. Which character in the story felt that old age held no promise and no joy?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)