|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the term disfigured mean?
(a) To enhance the appearance of someone
(c) To stain
(d) To mar the appearance of someone
2. When Florentino sees Fermina for the first time after her return, he is surprised to see that she is not ____________________.
3. How long has Florentino been in love with Fermina by the end of chapter five?
(a) 20 years
(b) 30 years
(c) 50 years
(d) 70 years
4. What does Florentino tell his mistress he is going to do?
(a) Leave her
(c) Choose a new mistress
(d) Die from cholera
5. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
(a) Love divided
(b) A dying country
(d) Love aging
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did Florentino give up in regard to Fermina?
2. Which of the following is NOT an event that Fermina regularly complains about plaguing her in chapter four?
3. Which of the following events does NOT make Fermina more lost to Florentino than she had ever been according to Florentino?
4. Where does Fermina spy Florentino sitting in chapter four?
5. How long were Fermina and Dr. Urbino away on their second honeymoon?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)