|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
(b) America Vicuna
(c) Ofelia Urbino
2. Who finally gives in and ends the estrangement of Fermina living with her cousin?
(a) Dr. Urbino
(b) Hildebranda Sanchez
3. What is meant by the term cultivates as used in chapter five?
(a) To improve or develop something
(b) To break up soil with a toll or machine
(c) To work land or prepare soil for growing crops
(d) To develop acquaintance with somebody
4. Whom does Fermina banish from her life?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her daughter
(c) Her son
5. Why does Florentino fear that death will end his plans to win Fermina's heart?
(a) Death always ruins the plans of love
(b) She is very ill
(c) He is very ill
(d) They are both aging
Short Answer Questions
1. What vision did Florentino give up in regard to Fermina?
2. How does Florentino suffer physically after he is thrown out of Fermina's home?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for clandestine as it is used in chapter four?
4. Which of the following does Florentino tell her to think of love as?
5. What did Fermina Daza do with the furniture?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)