|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which event would Florentino and Dr. Urbino most likely have crossed paths?
(a) Medical Convention
(b) Art show
(c) Government meeting
(d) Riverboat convention
2. Which of the following is the best definition for clandestine as it is used in chapter four?
(a) Underground and unknown
(b) Needing to be concealed or secret
3. What event does Florentino go to because Fermina always announces the winners?
(a) Art awards
(b) Poetic festival
(c) Musical theater
(d) Theater performance
4. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of the type of material Fermina Daza includes in the three page letter she writes to Florentino?
5. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
(a) Love divided
(b) A dying country
(c) Love aging
6. Whom does Fermina banish from her life?
(a) Her son
(b) Her husband
(c) Her daughter
7. How many children did Fermina have?
8. As they look down at the countryside, what do Dr. Urbino and Fermina see dotting the countryside?
(a) Civil war battles
(d) Many wild animals
9. What did Fermina Daza do with the furniture?
(a) Gave them to her children
(b) Destroyed them
(c) Auctioned them off
(d) Burnt them
10. Why does Florentino lose this position?
(a) He has intestinal issues that make it difficult to work
(b) All of his writing sounds like a love letter
(c) He never shows up to work
(d) He sleeps with his uncle's wife
11. Which of the following best describes how Fermina felt about married life and motherhood?
(a) No depth of satisfaction
(c) Extreme satisfaction
12. Who is Florentino's current mistress?
(a) Olimpia Zuleta
(c) America Vicuna
(d) Widow Nazaret
13. How did Dr. Urbino and Fermina travel to deliver the letter from the Governor?
(d) Hot air balloon
14. Which of the following characters is a cousin to Fermina?
(b) De Saint-Amour
15. Which character said the following "Love is ridiculous at our age, but at theirs it is revolting"?
(a) Dr. Ofelia Urbino
(b) Dr. Urbino Daza
(c) Dr. Juvenal Urbino
(d) Dr. Lorenzo Daza
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
2. Which event in chapter five is used to demonstrate that Fermina and Dr. Urbino's serious troubles are distant and insignificant?
3. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Fermina's daughter feels about her relationship with Florentino?
4. What can be found in the river that made navigation quite difficult?
5. Which of the following items did she NOT auction off?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)