|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Florentino tell her to think of love as?
(a) An end in itself
(b) The ultimate happiness
(c) A beginning
2. The balloon trip to San Juan de la Cienega was the country's first attempt at what?
(a) Blimp travel
(c) Hot air balloon travel
(d) Airmail delivery
3. Which of the following means the same as impertinence?
4. Which of the following characters is a cousin to Fermina?
(a) De Saint-Amour
5. What color would the flag ships fly to indicate someone on board suffered from cholera?
6. Which of the following events does NOT make Fermina more lost to Florentino than she had ever been according to Florentino?
(b) Interested in him
(d) Rejecting him
7. How many children did Fermina have?
8. Which character has the more optimistic view of aging?
(a) De Saint-Amour
(b) Fermina Daza
9. Why does Florentino lose this position?
(a) He has intestinal issues that make it difficult to work
(b) He sleeps with his uncle's wife
(c) All of his writing sounds like a love letter
(d) He never shows up to work
10. As they look down at the countryside, what do Dr. Urbino and Fermina see dotting the countryside?
(a) Civil war battles
(d) Many wild animals
11. What can the aging bodies of Florentino and Fermina be seen as symbols of?
(a) Love divided
(b) Love aging
(d) A dying country
12. Which of the following is something Fermina did NOT burn?
(d) Letters from Florentino
13. From which medical condition did Florentino suffer in this chapter?
(d) Broken arm
14. Which of the following terms does NOT describe the arrangement between Dr. Urbino and Fermina while she lived with her cousin?
15. Which of the following items did she NOT auction off?
(b) Things she bought on her honeymoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Florentino have to request a different day to meet Fermina?
2. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
3. Which event would Florentino and Dr. Urbino most likely have crossed paths?
4. How old is Florentino in this chapter?
5. How could Dr. Urbino diagnose what killed the many corpses they see dotting the countryside from the air?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)