|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Fermina banish from her life?
(a) Her husband
(c) Her son
(d) Her daughter
2. What does Florentino resolve to become in order to win Fermina?
(a) A personal success
(b) A fabulous lover
(c) Rich and wealthy
(d) A successful writer/poet
3. How old is Florentino's blood relative whom he takes as a lover?
4. What helped Fermina through her grief?
(a) Florentino's mediations
(b) Florentino's love
(c) Florentino's lectures
(d) Florentino's presence
5. Which of the following best describes how Fermina felt about married life and motherhood?
(b) Extreme satisfaction
(d) No depth of satisfaction
6. How long were Fermina and Dr. Urbino away on their second honeymoon?
(a) 2 months
(b) 3 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 3 years
7. What are missives?
8. Where did Florentino write on the wife who was murdered by her husband?
(d) Sexual organs
9. Which event in chapter five is used to demonstrate that Fermina and Dr. Urbino's serious troubles are distant and insignificant?
(a) The balloon ride to deliver the letter
(b) The balloon ride after delivering the letter
(c) Florentino's declaration of love to Fermina
(d) Florentino's seduction of the underage relative
10. How many children did Florentino have?
11. What does the term disfigured mean?
(a) To mar the appearance of someone
(b) To stain
(d) To enhance the appearance of someone
12. Which of the following is true about Florentino?
(a) He is in love with Olimpia Zuleta
(b) Believes he is upholding his vows to Fermina
(c) He has given up trying to become a writing
(d) He remains a trash collector
13. Which character has the more optimistic view of aging?
(a) De Saint-Amour
(d) Fermina Daza
14. Which of the following descriptions best describes how Fermina's daughter feels about her relationship with Florentino?
15. Which of the following characters committed suicide?
(b) Ofelia Urbino
(d) America Vicuna
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Florentino write on Olimpia Zuleta?
2. Which of the following is NOT a plague that affected people in this time period in Columbia?
3. From which medical condition did Florentino suffer in this chapter?
4. Where is Florentino when the church bells toll indicating Dr. Urbino is dead?
5. How many publishers expressed an interest in publishing Florentino's book, which he entitled A Lover's Companion?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)