|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florentino tell his mistress he is going to do?
(b) Choose a new mistress
(c) Leave her
(d) Die from cholera
2. Which of the following events does NOT make Fermina more lost to Florentino than she had ever been according to Florentino?
(b) Interested in him
(d) Rejecting him
3. What did Florentino write on Olimpia Zuleta?
(a) This pussy is mine
(b) All mine
(c) Florentino was here
4. Where did Florentino write on the wife who was murdered by her husband?
(d) Sexual organs
5. What is Florentino's nickname for Fermina?
(a) Crowned Goddess
(b) Crowned Glory
(c) Beautiful Goddess
6. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of the type of material Fermina Daza includes in the three page letter she writes to Florentino?
7. How old is Florentino's blood relative whom he takes as a lover?
8. What tool used by the author would best describe his making Florentino unable to perform the first time they attempted to have sex?
(a) Metaphorical language
9. What event does Florentino go to because Fermina always announces the winners?
(a) Musical theater
(b) Art awards
(c) Theater performance
(d) Poetic festival
10. In what way was Leona Cassiani important to Florentino?
11. What does the term aplomb mean?
12. Which of the following is true about Florentino?
(a) Believes he is upholding his vows to Fermina
(b) He is in love with Olimpia Zuleta
(c) He remains a trash collector
(d) He has given up trying to become a writing
13. How many lovers is Florentino left with at the time Dr. Urbino dies?
14. How does Florentino suffer physically after he is thrown out of Fermina's home?
(b) Broken ankle
(c) Intestinal unpleasantness
(d) Broken spine
15. Which event would Florentino and Dr. Urbino most likely have crossed paths?
(a) Government meeting
(b) Riverboat convention
(c) Medical Convention
(d) Art show
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Fermina say was the best time of her marriage to Dr. Urbino?
2. From which medical condition did Florentino suffer in this chapter?
3. Which position was Florentino demoted to by his uncle?
4. Where does Fermina spy Florentino sitting in chapter four?
5. When Florentino sees Fermina for the first time after her return, he is surprised to see that she is not ____________________.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)