|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many long term liaisons does Florentino describe having?
2. Which of the following is not a type of communication Florentino and Fermina shared during their two year correspondence?
(c) Short and simple
3. Where is the first place that Fermina Daza and Florentino come face to face?
(a) At her father's office
(b) Christmas Eve Mass
(c) A church Mass
(d) Outside her school
4. What had Dr. Urbino's father introduced which helped to curb a large cholera epidemic?
(a) Sanitized water
(b) Public health measures
(d) Sewage treatment facilities
5. Why do Florentino's work and violin play suffer?
(b) Physical illness
6. What are Dr. Urbino's last words in reference to?
(a) Anger at his foolishness
(b) Cursing the parrot
(c) His love for his wife
(d) Seeing his dreams had come true
7. How old is Fermina when she returns from her trek?
8. What event will Dr. Urbino be attending which he would like to take a siesta before he must get ready for?
(a) Silver anniversary gala for a former student
(b) Gold Mass for a friend
(c) Silver Mass for a friend
(d) Gold anniversary gala for a former student
9. Where does Transito send Florentino when he learns of her engagement to Dr. Urbino?
(a) To become the captain of his uncle's river boat
(b) On a river voyage to take up a post in the mountains
(c) To a writing retreat
(d) To fight in the civil war
10. Where does Fermina Daza attend school?
(a) Public school
(b) No school
(c) All girls school
(d) Private school
11. Who helps to aid the communication between Fermina and Florentino?
(a) Florentino's uncle
(b) Fermina's sister
(c) Fermina's aunt
(d) Florentino's mother
12. What type of communication do Florentino and Fermina have at their first face to face meeting?
(a) Physical only
(b) Verbal only
(d) Verbal and physical
13. Why did de Saint-Amour make this vow?
(a) To avoid suffering the ravages of old age
(b) To please his lover
(c) To become a happier person
(d) Because he was disabled
14. How does Florentino describe brief flings?
(b) Not worthy of describing
15. What is Fermina's reply when Florentino finally proposes marriage?
(a) Very, well, I will marry you if you promise not to make me eat eggplant
(b) Very well, I will marry you if you promise to be faithful
(c) Very well, I will marry you if you promise me everlasting love
(d) Very well, I will marry you if you promise not to make me eat eggs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hildebranda Sanchez?
2. What business did Florentino's father help to found?
3. How many years were Fermina and Dr. Urbino married when the soap in the bathroom incident occurred?
4. Where does the sewage from the city drain?
5. How does Dr. Urbino feel when he awakes from his sleep?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)