|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of a refuge as it is used to describe Widow Nazaret coming to live with Florentino and his mother?
2. What does Florentino think has cleared his mind of Fermina Daza?
(a) 622 liaisons
(b) Lack of her being in the same city
(c) Age and wisdom
(d) Liaison with Widow Nazaret
3. When Florentino sees Fermina for the first time after her return, he is surprised to see that she is not ____________________.
4. What does Florentino pledge to Fermina?
(a) Love and sexual adventures
(b) Eternal love and everlasting fidelity
(c) Eternal love and everlasting sex
(d) Eternal fidelity and everlasting love
5. Which of the following is a synonym for rumination as it is used in chapter four?
(c) Love letters
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were Fermina and Dr. Urbino away on their second honeymoon?
2. What is meant by the term cultivates as used in chapter five?
3. Why was Dr. Urbino called to de Saint-Amour's home?
4. What does the term odious mean as used to describe Fermina's mother-in-law in chapter four?
5. Where is the first place that Fermina Daza and Florentino come face to face?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)