|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes the narrator in this novel?
2. Who else died in the same manner as de Saint-Amour?
(a) Dr. Juvenal Urbino
(b) Mister Woodrow Wilson, his dog
(c) Mister Woodrow Wilson, his cat
(d) His lover and caretaker
3. What type of communication do Florentino and Fermina have at their first face to face meeting?
(a) Verbal only
(c) Verbal and physical
(d) Physical only
4. What is Juvenal Urbino's profession?
(b) Government official
5. Which of the following best describes how Fermina felt about married life and motherhood?
(c) Extreme satisfaction
(d) No depth of satisfaction
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Florentino as he waits for a response to his letter from Fermina?
2. What are the bodies which Florentino sees floating in the river victims of?
3. What had Dr. Urbino's father introduced which helped to curb a large cholera epidemic?
4. How many publishers expressed an interest in publishing Florentino's book, which he entitled A Lover's Companion?
5. How do you think Dr. Urbino felt about Paris?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)