|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Florentino maintained his virginity even through his days at the brothel?
(a) He was saving himself for Fermina
(b) He was afraid of women
(c) He was impotent
(d) His illness prevented him from taking a mate
2. How many years earlier do the events in this chapter take place?
(a) 50 years
(b) 60 years
(c) 70 years
(d) 30 years
3. Why does Fermina's father take her on a mule trek?
(a) He wants to give her one last adventure before she marries
(b) He wants to spend time with his daughter before she is married
(c) He wants to get to know Florentino
(d) He does not approve of the marriage
4. Why do Florentino's work and violin play suffer?
(b) Physical illness
5. Who moves in with Florentino and his mother when he returns home from his post in the mountains?
(a) A soldier of the civil war
(b) Ferina Daza
(c) His father
(d) A widow
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a type of communication Florentino and Fermina shared during their two year correspondence?
2. What does Fermina return to Florentino with the note saying she will not marry him?
3. Which of the following words best describes how Fermina Daza acted during the funeral and wake for her husband?
4. How does Florentino describe brief flings?
5. How do Florentino and Fermina correspond while she is on her trek?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)