|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dr. Urbino's death cause much grief and an official time of mourning?
(a) Because of his standing in the community
(b) Because of the way he died
(c) Because of the events of his life
(d) Because of who his wife was
2. What is Fermina's reply when Florentino finally proposes marriage?
(a) Very well, I will marry you if you promise not to make me eat eggs
(b) Very well, I will marry you if you promise to be faithful
(c) Very well, I will marry you if you promise me everlasting love
(d) Very, well, I will marry you if you promise not to make me eat eggplant
3. When it is thought that Fermina has cholera, what does she indeed have?
(b) She is pregnant
(d) Intestinal infection
4. Which of the following provides the best synonym for haunting as it is used in this part of a sentence: "From Florentino's days of haunting the brothel"?
5. What "punishment" was inflicted upon Dr. Urbino during the argument over the soap in the bathroom?
(a) Had to move out of the bedroom
(b) Had to move out of the house
(c) Fermina left the house
(d) Fermina moved out of the bedroom
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator?
2. Under what circumstances does Dr. Urbino meet Fermina Daza?
3. Which of the following is an antonym for the word ignominious as it is used to describe the manner of Dr. Urbino's death?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of a refuge as it is used to describe Widow Nazaret coming to live with Florentino and his mother?
5. Why do Florentino's work and violin play suffer?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)