|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Florentino as he waits for a response to his letter from Fermina?
(a) None, he stays quite healthy
(b) He has just diarrhea
(c) He has green vomit and fainting spells
(d) He has diarrhea, green vomit and fainting spells
2. Under what circumstances does Dr. Urbino meet Fermina Daza?
(a) He treats her for a broken ankle
(b) Her father introduces them hoping they will marry
(c) She calls him to treat her sick father
(d) He is called as she shows signs of cholera
3. In what way do the hymns which Florentino is playing during Mass change during his period of illness?
(a) He plays them out of tune
(b) They begin to sound more like love waltzes
(c) They begin to include many errors
(d) He plays them at a much more rapid pace
4. What are the bodies which Florentino sees floating in the river victims of?
(a) Another cause beside cholera or the civil war
(b) Cholera only
(c) Cholera and the civil war
(d) Civil war only
5. Which fleet does Florentino hope to gather treasure and galleons from?
(a) Firma Cotta
(b) Terra Cotta
(c) Firma Terra
(d) Terra Firma
Short Answer Questions
1. Who besides telegraph operators helps Fermina communicate with Florentino?
2. What event will Dr. Urbino be attending which he would like to take a siesta before he must get ready for?
3. Where did Dr. Urbino study?
4. Where is the first place that Fermina Daza and Florentino come face to face?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Fermina Daza acted during the funeral and wake for her husband?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)