|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Urbino study?
2. Why do Florentino's work and violin play suffer?
(d) Physical illness
3. What had Dr. Urbino's father introduced which helped to curb a large cholera epidemic?
(a) Public health measures
(c) Sewage treatment facilities
(d) Sanitized water
4. How old is Fermina Daza when Florentino sees her for the first time?
5. Which of the following is the best definition of a refuge as it is used to describe Widow Nazaret coming to live with Florentino and his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo hope will happen on the mule trek?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for the term paradoxically as used to describe the narrator's telling of the trivial matters of domestic life that nearly caused the strong bond between husband and wife to disintegrate?
3. What does the one letter which Florentino delivers to Fermina pledge?
4. Who assists Dr. Urbino in the courting process?
5. Who helps to aid the communication between Fermina and Florentino?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)