|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did de Saint-Amour vow to do when he reached the age of sixty?
(a) Take his own life
(b) Take a lover
(c) Marry a new woman
(d) Divorce his wife
2. Why had Florentino maintained his virginity even through his days at the brothel?
(a) He was afraid of women
(b) His illness prevented him from taking a mate
(c) He was impotent
(d) He was saving himself for Fermina
3. Which of the following was Florentino's mother?
(b) Don Pius
4. How old is Fermina Daza when Florentino sees her for the first time?
5. Which word best describes the recounting of the narrator in this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fermina Daza when Dr. Urbino meets her?
2. Which word best describes the narrator in this novel?
3. What does the one letter which Florentino delivers to Fermina pledge?
4. Who besides telegraph operators helps Fermina communicate with Florentino?
5. How did de Saint-Amour kill himself?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)