|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did his lover help him?
(a) Because she loved him
(b) Because he begged her
(c) Because she wanted him dead
(d) Because he forced her
2. Which of the following words best describes how Fermina Daza acted during the funeral and wake for her husband?
3. What are Dr. Urbino's last words in reference to?
(a) Anger at his foolishness
(b) His love for his wife
(c) Cursing the parrot
(d) Seeing his dreams had come true
4. What type of communication do Florentino and Fermina have at their first face to face meeting?
(a) Physical only
(c) Verbal only
(d) Verbal and physical
5. Why does Fermina's father take her on a mule trek?
(a) He does not approve of the marriage
(b) He wants to give her one last adventure before she marries
(c) He wants to get to know Florentino
(d) He wants to spend time with his daughter before she is married
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were Fermina and Dr. Urbino married when the soap in the bathroom incident occurred?
2. Who besides telegraph operators helps Fermina communicate with Florentino?
3. Which description below best fits Lorenzo Daza as a business man?
4. How old is Dr. Urbino in chapter one of this novel?
5. How did Juvenal Urbino know Jeremiah de Saint-Amour?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)