|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albertine reminds Henry of:
2. The fact that Lyman cannot keep the positions of the North and South Vietnamese soldiers straight implies:
3. Nector's death could be described as:
4. A symbol of Dot's overwhelming love might be:
5. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A character foil contrasts with the protagonist or another character in order to clarify or sharpen certain aspects of their personalities. Choose any two characters from the novel and describe the relationship between them as that of character foils. Identify any personalty traits they share or traits that show a contrast between them.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of boundaries in Love Medicine. Considering the physical and psychological boundaries many characters face, choose three pivotal examples in the novel, and identify a possible statement the author makes through the examples.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the concept of family in Love Medicine. Using characters from the novel as examples, identify the author's definition of family and write an essay clarifying this definition.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)