|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dot's most outstanding characteristic is:
(a) She is direct.
(b) She hates pissants.
(c) She never gets angry.
(d) She is an escaped convict.
2. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
(a) They don't get along with anyone else.
(b) They are both running away and lost.
(c) They don't have enough money to survive on their own.
(d) They are both estranged from their families.
3. Albertine believes Gerry's main problem is:
(a) He was restless.
(b) He believes in justice.
(c) He believe in laws and authority.
(d) He doesn't have any white friends.
4. The darkness of the night "lifting" coincides with Sister Mary's discovery that:
(a) She had not awakened any of the nuns with her clarinet.
(b) Gordie was a drunk who needed her help.
(c) Gordie had run away and was no longer a threat.
(d) Gordie had not killed his wife, but a deer.
5. Henry shrieks when Albertine touches him because:
(a) He can't remember where he is.
(b) He is furious that she woke him up.
(c) He thinks she is an animal.
(d) He is emotionally unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Albertine says she "would never know how heavy a ton was unless it fell on [her]" she suggests:
2. Henry continues to tell himself to "advise restraint" throughout the evening in order to:
3. What final image connects Gordie to June's death?
4. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
5. Lulu believes she cannot cry because:
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)