|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lipsha believes Nector is having a "second childhood" because:
(a) Nector has chosen to retreat inside himself in order to think.
(b) Nector has simply slipped into old age.
(c) Nector wants to pretend he doesn't understand the adult world anymore.
(d) Nector just wants to think and act like a child.
2. In what way is Lipsha "the only one that's ignorant?"
(a) He is the only one who does not belong at the retirement home.
(b) He is the only one who is not a true Kashpaw.
(c) He is the only one who doesn't go to school.
(d) He is the only one who doesn't know his mother was June.
3. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
(a) Gets sick and passes out.
(b) Has a flashback to Viet Nam.
(c) Feels a desperate need to get home and leaves.
(d) Tells her stories through the door.
4. The darkness of the night "lifting" coincides with Sister Mary's discovery that:
(a) Gordie was a drunk who needed her help.
(b) She had not awakened any of the nuns with her clarinet.
(c) Gordie had run away and was no longer a threat.
(d) Gordie had not killed his wife, but a deer.
5. The event that ends Lulu and Nector's affair is:
(a) Nector won't leave his wife.
(b) Nector is attacked by Lulu's dogs.
(c) Nector signs Lulu's eviction papers.
(d) Nector burns down Lulu's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandma Kashpaw shows Lipsha the hiding place for her money because:
2. Eli's behavior toward Gordie suggests:
3. Sister Mary could be described as:
4. The fact that Lyman cannot keep the positions of the North and South Vietnamese soldiers straight implies:
5. At the end of the chapter, Lipsha's intention is to:
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)