|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lipsha believes Nector is having a "second childhood" because:
(a) Nector just wants to think and act like a child.
(b) Nector wants to pretend he doesn't understand the adult world anymore.
(c) Nector has chosen to retreat inside himself in order to think.
(d) Nector has simply slipped into old age.
2. Gerry accepts:
(a) That King turned him in for his own good.
(b) That Lipsha is his son.
(c) That June loved Gordie more than him.
(d) That Lipsha won June's car fair and square.
3. Gerry believes he cannot be held by any prison because:
(a) He knows all the
(b) He is fast and sneaky.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) He is a Chippewa.
4. Lulu gets restitution for her land because:
(a) She manipulates Nector into helping her.
(b) She gains the sympathy of the tribal council.
(c) She threatens to reveal the fathers of her children.
(d) She demands money in exchange for her home.
5. Sister Mary could be described as:
(a) Kind, sentimental, and impressionable.
(b) Kind, efficient, and capable.
(c) Efficient, bossy, and overbearing.
(d) Rebellious, homesick, and frustrated.
6. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
(a) Remember her life before the convent.
(b) Awaken the other nuns.
(c) Escape sleeplessness.
(d) Drown her sorrows.
7. Albertine and Dot's initial conflict arises because:
(a) Albertine threw her coffee in Dot's face.
(b) Dot thinks Albertine turned Gerry over to the police.
(c) Dot thinks Albertine is flirting with Gerry.
(d) Albertine is having Gerry's baby.
8. Grandma Kashpaw shows Lipsha the hiding place for her money because:
(a) She is indirectly offering him the money.
(b) She wants him to help her protect the money.
(c) She thinks he needs money to buy his way out of the army.
(d) She is afraid the money will be stolen.
9. Henry continues to tell himself to "advise restraint" throughout the evening in order to:
(a) Keep himself from breaking the bathroom door down.
(b) Keep himself from drinking too much.
(c) Keep himself from acting suddenly or violently.
(d) Keep himself from running away from Albertine.
10. Lulu is interested in Marie because:
(a) She wants to snap her fingers and make Marie disappear.
(b) She wants to know what Marie thought during Lulu's affair with Nector.
(c) She wants to join one of the committees Marie organized.
(d) She believes Marie is gossiping about her.
11. At the hotel, Henry and Albertine sign the register as:
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Lamartine.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. President Nixon.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Whatever
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Howdy Doody.
12. Albertine spends a great deal of time in the bathroom because:
(a) She is afraid to come out and face Henry.
(b) She is cleaning herself up for Henry.
(c) She wants to be alone after the long ride into the city.
(d) She is trying to find an escape through the window.
13. Gerry's most unusual feature is:
(a) His large frame.
(b) His sobriety.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His delicate and graceful movements.
14. The evidence Albertine finds in the trailer--beer cans and cigarette stubs--suggests:
(a) Dot has been living in the trailer.
(b) Gerry has been hiding in the trailer.
(c) Someone has been hiding in one of the trucks.
(d) Dot and Albertine will no longer be working in the trailer.
15. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
(b) The weather, darkness, and water.
(c) The weather, darkness, and cars.
(d) Money, water, and blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
2. For what is Lipsha tired of thanking his grandmother?
3. Lulu enters her burning house because:
4. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
5. After Gordie kills the deer with the crow bar:
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)