|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lulu believes she cannot cry because:
(a) She has been afraid to cry since she was a child.
(b) She doesn't actually love anyone other than herself.
(c) She doesn't understand why anyone cries.
(d) She used up all of her tears crying as a child.
2. Lipsha wins the hand of poker because:
(a) He has marked all the cards.
(b) He is the best player.
(c) He has beginner's luck.
(d) Gerry has cheated for him.
3. The event that ends Lulu and Nector's affair is:
(a) Nector signs Lulu's eviction papers.
(b) Nector burns down Lulu's house.
(c) Nector is attacked by Lulu's dogs.
(d) Nector won't leave his wife.
4. The red convertible works as a symbol of:
(a) anger and revenge.
(b) blood and violence.
(c) love and romance.
(d) youth and passion.
5. The family does not seek help for Henry's depression because:
(a) Henry refuses help from anyone.
(b) The veteran's hospital is too far away, and the medicine man thinks Henry is a lost soul.
(c) The veteran's hospital only medicates patients, and the medicine man wants revenge on Henry's mother.
(d) Henry's mother believes the medicine man is a fake, and they cannot afford the veteran's hospital.
6. The cold weather that drives Henry and Lyman back to the reservation after their visit to Alaska foreshadows:
(a) Lyman's last chance to travel off the reservation.
(b) Their fun trip is over.
(c) An unfortunate event is waiting for them at home.
(d) Winter is approaching.
7. Albertine is in Fargo because:
(a) She is on her way to college.
(b) She is looking for Henry Lamartine.
(c) She wants to see the city.
(d) She is running away from home.
8. Lipsha regrets signing up for the army because:
(a) He doesn't want to be like King.
(b) He doesn't want to be like the old veterans that get drunk in the hotel.
(c) He wants to go back to the reservation.
(d) He wants to meet his father.
9. Albertine and Dot's initial conflict arises because:
(a) Albertine threw her coffee in Dot's face.
(b) Dot thinks Albertine turned Gerry over to the police.
(c) Dot thinks Albertine is flirting with Gerry.
(d) Albertine is having Gerry's baby.
10. Henry shrieks when Albertine touches him because:
(a) He is emotionally unstable.
(b) He can't remember where he is.
(c) He thinks she is an animal.
(d) He is furious that she woke him up.
11. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) The mission to be blessed.
(b) Lulu Lamartine.
(c) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
(d) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
12. What is Lipsha's love medicine?
(a) Lipsha will make a necklace of seed pearls that attract metal for his grandfather to wear.
(b) Lipsha will feed his grandparents the hearts of mated geese to keep them together.
(c) Lipsha will collect nail clippings and burn them as an offering.
(d) Lipsha will catch two frogs mating and give them to his grandparents.
13. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
(a) Awaken the other nuns.
(b) Remember her life before the convent.
(c) Escape sleeplessness.
(d) Drown her sorrows.
14. For what is Lipsha tired of thanking his grandmother?
(a) Giving Nector a second chance.
(b) Giving him the touch.
(c) Saving him from his mother.
(d) Leaving Lulu Lamartine alone.
15. Lipsha believes his grandmother will not blame him entirely for Nector's death because:
(a) She deceived him with the love medicine that caused him to choke.
(b) He kept Nector away from Lulu.
(c) Lipsha looks after her and Grandpa.
(d) Zelda has shielded him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gerry and Dot's baby is like its father even before it is born because it is:
2. Lipsha is visiting King and Lynette because:
3. Albertine spends a great deal of time in the bathroom because:
4. Lipsha believes Nector is having a "second childhood" because:
5. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)