|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
(a) He prayed for her return.
(b) He spoke her name aloud.
(c) He reminisced about her at Eli's house.
(d) He went through her possessions.
2. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) The weather, darkness, and water.
(b) Money, water, and blood.
(c) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
(d) The weather, darkness, and cars.
3. Lyman's final act of homage to his brother Henry in the chapter comes when:
(a) He walks away from the reservation for good.
(b) He pushes the red convertible into the river.
(c) He goes back to Alaska to find the girl.
(d) He destroys the picture of himself and Henry.
4. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
(a) Has a flashback to Viet Nam.
(b) Tells her stories through the door.
(c) Feels a desperate need to get home and leaves.
(d) Gets sick and passes out.
5. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) Lulu Lamartine.
(b) The mission to be blessed.
(c) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
(d) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
6. Lipsha wins the hand of poker because:
(a) He is the best player.
(b) He has beginner's luck.
(c) He has marked all the cards.
(d) Gerry has cheated for him.
7. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
(a) Hears Gerry coming in through the kitchen window.
(b) Tries to console Howard.
(c) Makes himself a bowl of cereal.
(d) Tries to steal the firebird.
8. In what way is Lipsha "the only one that's ignorant?"
(a) He is the only one who doesn't go to school.
(b) He is the only one who does not belong at the retirement home.
(c) He is the only one who doesn't know his mother was June.
(d) He is the only one who is not a true Kashpaw.
9. Lipsha is visiting King and Lynette because:
(a) He wants King to admit they are brothers.
(b) He wants to claim King's firebird.
(c) He wants to admit he was never a Kashpaw.
(d) He wants information about Gerry Nanapush.
10. At the end of the chapter, Lipsha's intention is to:
(a) Make sure King does not turn Gerry in.
(b) Follow Gerry over the Canadian border.
(c) Continue trying to find himself.
(d) Return to the reservation.
11. When Gerry says he will never really have a home, he suggests:
(a) He will always be on the run, so normal life is impossible.
(b) He can not afford a real house.
(c) He does not believe anyone will ever love him.
(d) He does not know where he belongs.
12. Lulu is "reborn" at the end of the chapter because:
(a) She has discovered life after death.
(b) She has decided to change her ways.
(c) She cannot take care of herself.
(d) She has the ability to
13. When Albertine suggests that for Gerry "it was perhaps the very first time in his life he had something to run for," the 'something' she refers to is:
(a) A place to hide with Dot.
(b) A new motorcycle.
(c) Freedom from prison.
(d) Dot and the baby.
14. When Albertine says she "would never know how heavy a ton was unless it fell on [her]" she suggests:
(a) She does not really understand her job.
(b) That love can not be measured.
(c) She has not known the same kind of love as Dot and Gerry.
(d) She does not really approve of Dot and Gerry's relationship.
15. As a child Lulu discovered:
(a) A hiding place to escape the government school.
(b) Dead animals under the leaves in the woods.
(c) She was in love with Nector Kashpaw.
(d) The body of a dead man in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's reparation of the car helps him:
2. The trait that will keep Lipsha out of the army is:
3. The family does not seek help for Henry's depression because:
4. Lulu learns of Nector's death when:
5. When Lulu sees Nector at the Senior Citizens Center she says he is more like himself than ever before because:
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)