|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marie's statement that "somebody had to put the tears in your eyes" suggests:
(a) She wants to hurt Lulu the way Lulu hurt her.
(b) She believes Nector's death has hurt Lulu.
(c) She knows that Lulu's son could not help her put in her eye drops.
(d) She sees that Lulu had to learn love and loss somehow.
2. Albertine believes Gerry's main problem is:
(a) He believe in laws and authority.
(b) He doesn't have any white friends.
(c) He believes in justice.
(d) He was restless.
3. Henry appears to be:
(a) One of her old family friends.
(b) A soldier and a Chippewa.
(c) A soldier her father knew.
(d) A good-looking bus driver.
4. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) The mission to be blessed.
(b) Lulu Lamartine.
(c) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
(d) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
5. For what is Lipsha tired of thanking his grandmother?
(a) Giving him the touch.
(b) Saving him from his mother.
(c) Giving Nector a second chance.
(d) Leaving Lulu Lamartine alone.
6. Henry doesn't want the red convertible anymore because:
(a) His youthful, passionate, carefree days are over.
(b) He thinks Lyman deserves it more.
(c) He thinks it represents selfishness.
(d) He doesn't beleive in material possessions anymore.
7. The images Lipsha creates of the dandelions at the end of the chapter may also represent:
(b) Nector's death.
(c) Marie and Lulu.
8. Albertine is in Fargo because:
(a) She is on her way to college.
(b) She is running away from home.
(c) She is looking for Henry Lamartine.
(d) She wants to see the city.
9. To drown out the sight and sound of June's ghost, what does Gordie do?
(a) Turns on all the lights and appliances.
(b) Goes back to Uncle Eli's house.
(c) Sits in his car with the radio on.
(d) Drinks as much as he can as fast as he can.
10. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) The weather, darkness, and cars.
(b) The weather, darkness, and water.
(c) Money, water, and blood.
(d) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
11. Marie's statement that Nector "has to have his candy" refers to:
(a) His affair with Lulu and his literal love of candy.
(b) His refusal to accept that he has diabetes.
(c) His belief that candy allows him to have his second childhood.
(d) His refusal to allow Marie to control him.
12. A symbol of Dot's overwhelming love might be:
(a) Her high, square-shaped belly.
(b) The pile of bones Gerry left in her yard.
(c) Her diligent production of milk for the baby.
(d) Her grown-out orange hairdo.
13. Lipsha wins the hand of poker because:
(a) He is the best player.
(b) He has marked all the cards.
(c) He has beginner's luck.
(d) Gerry has cheated for him.
14. Lulu believes she cannot cry because:
(a) She has been afraid to cry since she was a child.
(b) She doesn't actually love anyone other than herself.
(c) She doesn't understand why anyone cries.
(d) She used up all of her tears crying as a child.
15. Lipsha regrets signing up for the army because:
(a) He doesn't want to be like King.
(b) He wants to meet his father.
(c) He wants to go back to the reservation.
(d) He doesn't want to be like the old veterans that get drunk in the hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marie admits that Lipsha was always her favorite after:
2. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
3. Sister Mary could be described as:
4. The knocking in the trunk of the firebird is caused by:
5. Gerry's most unusual feature is:
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)