|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
(b) The weather, darkness, and cars.
(c) The weather, darkness, and water.
(d) Money, water, and blood.
2. Lulu gets restitution for her land because:
(a) She gains the sympathy of the tribal council.
(b) She threatens to reveal the fathers of her children.
(c) She demands money in exchange for her home.
(d) She manipulates Nector into helping her.
3. How does Lyman describe the image of himself and Henry in their last photo?
(a) His own face out in the sun and Henry's pulled back in the shadows.
(b) Henry's face haunting him from inside the closet door.
(c) Both boys sitting on the bank of the river.
(d) He and Henry smiling in the sun.
4. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
(a) He spoke her name aloud.
(b) He went through her possessions.
(c) He prayed for her return.
(d) He reminisced about her at Eli's house.
5. Henry continues to tell himself to "advise restraint" throughout the evening in order to:
(a) Keep himself from breaking the bathroom door down.
(b) Keep himself from drinking too much.
(c) Keep himself from acting suddenly or violently.
(d) Keep himself from running away from Albertine.
6. Gerry and Dot's baby is like its father even before it is born because it is:
7. For what is Lipsha tired of thanking his grandmother?
(a) Saving him from his mother.
(b) Leaving Lulu Lamartine alone.
(c) Giving him the touch.
(d) Giving Nector a second chance.
8. As a child Lulu discovered:
(a) The body of a dead man in the woods.
(b) She was in love with Nector Kashpaw.
(c) A hiding place to escape the government school.
(d) Dead animals under the leaves in the woods.
9. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) Lulu Lamartine.
(b) The mission to be blessed.
(c) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
(d) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
10. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
(a) The other people in church need to be reminded of the prayers.
(b) God is going deaf and cannot hear him otherwise.
(c) He only remembers them if he says them loudly.
(d) He doesn't mean the prayers unless he yells them.
11. When Howard allows the police into the apartment, who does he believe they are there to arrest?
(a) His mother, Lynette.
(b) Gerry Nanapush.
(c) Lipsha Morrisey.
(d) His father, King.
12. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
(a) Tells her stories through the door.
(b) Has a flashback to Viet Nam.
(c) Gets sick and passes out.
(d) Feels a desperate need to get home and leaves.
13. The red convertible works as a symbol of:
(a) love and romance.
(b) anger and revenge.
(c) blood and violence.
(d) youth and passion.
14. Albertine believes Gerry's main problem is:
(a) He doesn't have any white friends.
(b) He believe in laws and authority.
(c) He believes in justice.
(d) He was restless.
15. Albertine reminds Henry of:
(a) His mother when she was younger.
(b) The displaced people in Viet Nam traveling with their belongings.
(c) A girl he met in a village in Viet Nam who blew herself up.
(d) One of his relatives from the reservation who died in Viet Nam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry doesn't want the red convertible anymore because:
2. Gerry believes he cannot be held by any prison because:
3. Henry's reparation of the car helps him:
4. When Gerry says he will never really have a home, he suggests:
5. When Lulu sees Nector at the Senior Citizens Center she says he is more like himself than ever before because:
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)