|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lulu enters her burning house because:
(a) Lyman is trying to put out the fire.
(b) Lyman is napping inside it.
(c) She wants to die inside it.
(d) She wants to save her belongings.
2. The incident that convinces Lipsha to make the love medicine is:
(a) When Nector enters his.
(b) When he learns that Nector's rare lucid time is spent.
(c) When Nector starts.
(d) When he learns that Nector has been.
3. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
(a) They are both estranged from their families.
(b) They don't have enough money to survive on their own.
(c) They are both running away and lost.
(d) They don't get along with anyone else.
4. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
(b) The mission to be blessed.
(c) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
(d) Lulu Lamartine.
5. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
(a) Escape sleeplessness.
(b) Remember her life before the convent.
(c) Drown her sorrows.
(d) Awaken the other nuns.
6. The fact that Lyman cannot keep the positions of the North and South Vietnamese soldiers straight implies:
(a) He doesn't want to know about Henry's experiences in the war.
(b) He is not concerned with the details of their war.
(c) Lyman has never been good with geography.
(d) He doesn't care where Henry went.
7. Lyman's final act of homage to his brother Henry in the chapter comes when:
(a) He destroys the picture of himself and Henry.
(b) He goes back to Alaska to find the girl.
(c) He walks away from the reservation for good.
(d) He pushes the red convertible into the river.
8. In one sense, the title of the chapter, "A bridge," comes from:
(a) The trick Albertine does with her barrette in the bus station.
(b) A reflection Henry sees in the pawnshop window.
(c) The bar trick Henry does with knives and glasses.
(d) The place where Henry and Albertine met.
9. Lulu is "reborn" at the end of the chapter because:
(a) She cannot take care of herself.
(b) She has discovered life after death.
(c) She has the ability to
(d) She has decided to change her ways.
10. Lulu uses the term "dreamstuff" to describe:
(a) Unattainable dreams.
(b) Anything worth hoping for.
(c) False longing or foolishness.
(d) Passion and lust.
11. Lyman Lamartine considers himself lucky because:
(a) He does not need money to survive.
(b) He has always been able to make money easily.
(c) His ability to make money extends to his relatives and friends.
(d) He never has to work very hard.
12. To drown out the sight and sound of June's ghost, what does Gordie do?
(a) Drinks as much as he can as fast as he can.
(b) Turns on all the lights and appliances.
(c) Goes back to Uncle Eli's house.
(d) Sits in his car with the radio on.
13. Albertine reminds Henry of:
(a) One of his relatives from the reservation who died in Viet Nam.
(b) A girl he met in a village in Viet Nam who blew herself up.
(c) His mother when she was younger.
(d) The displaced people in Viet Nam traveling with their belongings.
14. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
(a) Henry had fixed it and the weather was finally warm enough.
(b) Lyman felt guilty for banging it up.
(c) Henry wanted to drive it before they pushed it in the river.
(d) Henry wanted to make sure it ran for Lyman.
15. Lipsha wins the hand of poker because:
(a) He has beginner's luck.
(b) Gerry has cheated for him.
(c) He is the best player.
(d) He has marked all the cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
2. Lulu gets restitution for her land because:
3. What is Lipsha's love medicine?
4. Gerry is difficult for Dot to hide because:
5. Henry's reparation of the car helps him:
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)