|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The evidence Albertine finds in the trailer--beer cans and cigarette stubs--suggests:
(a) Dot and Albertine will no longer be working in the trailer.
(b) Dot has been living in the trailer.
(c) Gerry has been hiding in the trailer.
(d) Someone has been hiding in one of the trucks.
2. Henry is never still because:
(a) He is scarred from his experiences as a prisoner of war.
(b) He is nervous about Albertine watching him.
(c) He is afraid of the authorities in Fargo.
(d) He is upset about leaving his family on the reservation.
3. Lipsha takes the turkey hearts to:
(a) Lulu Lamartine.
(b) The mission to be blessed.
(c) Old Lady Pillager in exchange for advice.
(d) Grandma Kashpaw to confess his deception.
4. The knocking in the trunk of the firebird is caused by:
(a) Lipsha's inadequate driving.
(b) A loose jack in the trunk.
(c) Gerry hiding in the trunk.
(d) King's belongings in the trunk.
5. Henry's reparation of the car helps him:
(a) Earn his keep while living uinder his mother's roof.
(b) Show his family that he is not as damaged as they think he is.
(c) Begin to heal by making sense of something broken.
(d) Make up for deserting Lyman earlier in the chapter.
6. Lipsha believes Nector is having a "second childhood" because:
(a) Nector wants to pretend he doesn't understand the adult world anymore.
(b) Nector has simply slipped into old age.
(c) Nector has chosen to retreat inside himself in order to think.
(d) Nector just wants to think and act like a child.
7. Lyman's final act of homage to his brother Henry in the chapter comes when:
(a) He pushes the red convertible into the river.
(b) He goes back to Alaska to find the girl.
(c) He walks away from the reservation for good.
(d) He destroys the picture of himself and Henry.
8. Gerry accepts:
(a) That King turned him in for his own good.
(b) That Lipsha is his son.
(c) That June loved Gordie more than him.
(d) That Lipsha won June's car fair and square.
9. Gerry believes he cannot be held by any prison because:
(a) He is a Chippewa.
(b) He is fast and sneaky.
(c) He knows all the
(d) He is innocent.
10. Lipsha believes his grandmother will not blame him entirely for Nector's death because:
(a) Lipsha looks after her and Grandpa.
(b) Zelda has shielded him.
(c) She deceived him with the love medicine that caused him to choke.
(d) He kept Nector away from Lulu.
11. When Albertine suggests that for Gerry "it was perhaps the very first time in his life he had something to run for," the 'something' she refers to is:
(a) Freedom from prison.
(b) Dot and the baby.
(c) A new motorcycle.
(d) A place to hide with Dot.
12. Lipsha is visiting King and Lynette because:
(a) He wants to admit he was never a Kashpaw.
(b) He wants King to admit they are brothers.
(c) He wants to claim King's firebird.
(d) He wants information about Gerry Nanapush.
13. Sister Mary hears Gordie's confession because:
(a) She knows he has murdered his wife.
(b) She can tell that he is weeping.
(c) She can tell that he hasn't really killed anyone.
(d) He believes she is a priest.
14. When Albertine says she "would never know how heavy a ton was unless it fell on [her]" she suggests:
(a) She has not known the same kind of love as Dot and Gerry.
(b) That love can not be measured.
(c) She does not really approve of Dot and Gerry's relationship.
(d) She does not really understand her job.
15. After Gordie kills the deer with the crow bar:
(a) He imagines he has killed June.
(b) He imagines he has confessed it to the priest.
(c) He imagines the deer is accusing him of cowardice.
(d) He imagines she is blaming him for June's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lulu is interested in Marie because:
2. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
3. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
4. The trait that will keep Lipsha out of the army is:
5. Lipsha regrets signing up for the army because:
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)