|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The red convertible works as a symbol of:
(a) love and romance.
(b) blood and violence.
(c) anger and revenge.
(d) youth and passion.
2. What final image connects Gordie to June's death?
(a) Gordie's remorse is ironic because he was abusive to June.
(b) He ends up in the open fields crying, and she died in an open field.
(c) He ends up crying and she died happily.
(d) Gordie runs into the woods where he and June used to play as kids.
3. After Gordie kills the deer with the crow bar:
(a) He imagines he has killed June.
(b) He imagines he has confessed it to the priest.
(c) He imagines the deer is accusing him of cowardice.
(d) He imagines she is blaming him for June's death.
4. Henry shrieks when Albertine touches him because:
(a) He thinks she is an animal.
(b) He can't remember where he is.
(c) He is furious that she woke him up.
(d) He is emotionally unstable.
5. Lipsha is visiting King and Lynette because:
(a) He wants information about Gerry Nanapush.
(b) He wants to admit he was never a Kashpaw.
(c) He wants to claim King's firebird.
(d) He wants King to admit they are brothers.
6. At the end of the chapter, Lipsha's intention is to:
(a) Continue trying to find himself.
(b) Follow Gerry over the Canadian border.
(c) Make sure King does not turn Gerry in.
(d) Return to the reservation.
7. Albertine reminds Henry of:
(a) One of his relatives from the reservation who died in Viet Nam.
(b) A girl he met in a village in Viet Nam who blew herself up.
(c) His mother when she was younger.
(d) The displaced people in Viet Nam traveling with their belongings.
8. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
(a) They don't get along with anyone else.
(b) They don't have enough money to survive on their own.
(c) They are both running away and lost.
(d) They are both estranged from their families.
9. Grandma Kashpaw shows Lipsha the hiding place for her money because:
(a) She wants him to help her protect the money.
(b) She is indirectly offering him the money.
(c) She is afraid the money will be stolen.
(d) She thinks he needs money to buy his way out of the army.
10. How does Lyman describe the image of himself and Henry in their last photo?
(a) Henry's face haunting him from inside the closet door.
(b) Both boys sitting on the bank of the river.
(c) He and Henry smiling in the sun.
(d) His own face out in the sun and Henry's pulled back in the shadows.
11. Eli's behavior toward Gordie suggests:
(a) He has no patience for Gordie's alcholism.
(b) He is exactly the same as Gordie.
(c) He cares for Gordie and is honest with him.
(d) He blames Gordie for June's death.
12. Marie admits that Lipsha was always her favorite after:
(a) He tells her that Nector's love is what keeps his ghost by her side.
(b) Nector chokes to death.
(c) He tells her he has acquired the goose hearts.
(d) Zelda tells Lipsha to go away at the funeral.
13. Dot's most outstanding characteristic is:
(a) She is an escaped convict.
(b) She hates pissants.
(c) She is direct.
(d) She never gets angry.
14. Gerry is difficult for Dot to hide because:
(a) He eats so much.
(b) He never cleans up after himself.
(c) He is so large and distinct looking.
(d) He never stays in one place.
15. When Albertine suggests that for Gerry "it was perhaps the very first time in his life he had something to run for," the 'something' she refers to is:
(a) A place to hide with Dot.
(b) Dot and the baby.
(c) Freedom from prison.
(d) A new motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
2. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
3. For what is Lipsha tired of thanking his grandmother?
4. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
5. A symbol of Dot's overwhelming love might be:
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)