|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The evidence Albertine finds in the trailer--beer cans and cigarette stubs--suggests:
(a) Gerry has been hiding in the trailer.
(b) Someone has been hiding in one of the trucks.
(c) Dot and Albertine will no longer be working in the trailer.
(d) Dot has been living in the trailer.
2. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
(a) He doesn't mean the prayers unless he yells them.
(b) The other people in church need to be reminded of the prayers.
(c) He only remembers them if he says them loudly.
(d) God is going deaf and cannot hear him otherwise.
3. What is Lipsha's love medicine?
(a) Lipsha will collect nail clippings and burn them as an offering.
(b) Lipsha will catch two frogs mating and give them to his grandparents.
(c) Lipsha will feed his grandparents the hearts of mated geese to keep them together.
(d) Lipsha will make a necklace of seed pearls that attract metal for his grandfather to wear.
4. At the hotel, Henry and Albertine sign the register as:
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Lamartine.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Howdy Doody.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Whatever
(d) Mr. and Mrs. President Nixon.
5. At the end of the chapter, Lipsha's intention is to:
(a) Make sure King does not turn Gerry in.
(b) Return to the reservation.
(c) Follow Gerry over the Canadian border.
(d) Continue trying to find himself.
6. Gordie sees another example of the universe's contempt for him when:
(a) He hits a deer who has a new fawn.
(b) He can not find the key to open the trunk of his car.
(c) He begins shaking.
(d) He is almost hit by an oncoming car.
7. The darkness of the night "lifting" coincides with Sister Mary's discovery that:
(a) Gordie had run away and was no longer a threat.
(b) She had not awakened any of the nuns with her clarinet.
(c) Gordie had not killed his wife, but a deer.
(d) Gordie was a drunk who needed her help.
8. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
(a) Henry wanted to drive it before they pushed it in the river.
(b) Henry had fixed it and the weather was finally warm enough.
(c) Henry wanted to make sure it ran for Lyman.
(d) Lyman felt guilty for banging it up.
9. Gerry believes he cannot be held by any prison because:
(a) He is fast and sneaky.
(b) He is a Chippewa.
(c) He knows all the
(d) He is innocent.
10. Henry appears to be:
(a) One of her old family friends.
(b) A good-looking bus driver.
(c) A soldier and a Chippewa.
(d) A soldier her father knew.
11. Gordie drives to town in order to:
(a) Get more bottles of liquor.
(b) Trade a deer for liquor.
(c) Avoid getting in another fight with June.
(d) Tell people he has seen June.
12. Lulu believes she cannot cry because:
(a) She used up all of her tears crying as a child.
(b) She doesn't actually love anyone other than herself.
(c) She has been afraid to cry since she was a child.
(d) She doesn't understand why anyone cries.
13. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
(b) Money, water, and blood.
(c) The weather, darkness, and water.
(d) The weather, darkness, and cars.
14. When Howard allows the police into the apartment, who does he believe they are there to arrest?
(a) Lipsha Morrisey.
(b) His mother, Lynette.
(c) Gerry Nanapush.
(d) His father, King.
15. Marie admits that Lipsha was always her favorite after:
(a) Nector chokes to death.
(b) He tells her he has acquired the goose hearts.
(c) Zelda tells Lipsha to go away at the funeral.
(d) He tells her that Nector's love is what keeps his ghost by her side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lyman's final act of homage to his brother Henry in the chapter comes when:
2. Lulu gets restitution for her land because:
3. Lipsha regrets signing up for the army because:
4. The trait that will keep Lipsha out of the army is:
5. Lipsha believes his grandmother will not blame him entirely for Nector's death because:
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)