|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The images Lipsha creates of the dandelions at the end of the chapter may also represent:
(a) Nector's death.
(b) Marie and Lulu.
2. Lulu gets restitution for her land because:
(a) She threatens to reveal the fathers of her children.
(b) She demands money in exchange for her home.
(c) She manipulates Nector into helping her.
(d) She gains the sympathy of the tribal council.
3. The family does not seek help for Henry's depression because:
(a) Henry's mother believes the medicine man is a fake, and they cannot afford the veteran's hospital.
(b) The veteran's hospital only medicates patients, and the medicine man wants revenge on Henry's mother.
(c) The veteran's hospital is too far away, and the medicine man thinks Henry is a lost soul.
(d) Henry refuses help from anyone.
4. When Howard allows the police into the apartment, who does he believe they are there to arrest?
(a) His father, King.
(b) His mother, Lynette.
(c) Lipsha Morrisey.
(d) Gerry Nanapush.
5. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
(a) They are both running away and lost.
(b) They don't get along with anyone else.
(c) They don't have enough money to survive on their own.
(d) They are both estranged from their families.
6. When Lulu sees Nector at the Senior Citizens Center she says he is more like himself than ever before because:
(a) He ignores Lulu.
(b) He doesn't recognize those he loves.
(c) Now he concentrates only on his own desires.
(d) He still wants Lulu.
7. Lulu believes she cannot cry because:
(a) She doesn't understand why anyone cries.
(b) She doesn't actually love anyone other than herself.
(c) She used up all of her tears crying as a child.
(d) She has been afraid to cry since she was a child.
8. The mood of the city is:
(a) Slow, tired, and deserted.
(b) Fearful and loathsome.
(c) Exciting and giddy.
(d) Bustling, dark, and furtive.
9. Gerry believes he cannot be held by any prison because:
(a) He is fast and sneaky.
(b) He is a Chippewa.
(c) He knows all the
(d) He is innocent.
10. When Gordie tells Eli "I'm contaminated," what does he mean?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is dirty from the day's work.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He bears the guilt for June's death.
11. Gerry's most unusual feature is:
(a) His long hair.
(b) His large frame.
(c) His delicate and graceful movements.
(d) His sobriety.
12. When Gerry says he will never really have a home, he suggests:
(a) He does not believe anyone will ever love him.
(b) He can not afford a real house.
(c) He does not know where he belongs.
(d) He will always be on the run, so normal life is impossible.
13. In one sense, the title of the chapter, "A bridge," comes from:
(a) The bar trick Henry does with knives and glasses.
(b) The place where Henry and Albertine met.
(c) The trick Albertine does with her barrette in the bus station.
(d) A reflection Henry sees in the pawnshop window.
14. Lulu is interested in Marie because:
(a) She wants to know what Marie thought during Lulu's affair with Nector.
(b) She believes Marie is gossiping about her.
(c) She wants to join one of the committees Marie organized.
(d) She wants to snap her fingers and make Marie disappear.
15. Albertine thinks baby Shawn will be as heavy as any truck load because:
(a) She is being weighed in one of her heavy knit suits.
(b) She is so full of life and energy from both her parents.
(c) She is being weighed on a heavy scale.
(d) She has two very large parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
2. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
3. Lulu enters her burning house because:
4. Lipsha believes his grandmother will not blame him entirely for Nector's death because:
5. Lyman's final act of homage to his brother Henry in the chapter comes when:
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)