|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
(a) Has a flashback to Viet Nam.
(b) Gets sick and passes out.
(c) Tells her stories through the door.
(d) Feels a desperate need to get home and leaves.
2. Gordie drives to town in order to:
(a) Trade a deer for liquor.
(b) Get more bottles of liquor.
(c) Avoid getting in another fight with June.
(d) Tell people he has seen June.
3. Nector yells his prayers in church because he believes:
(a) He only remembers them if he says them loudly.
(b) The other people in church need to be reminded of the prayers.
(c) He doesn't mean the prayers unless he yells them.
(d) God is going deaf and cannot hear him otherwise.
4. The mood of the city is:
(a) Fearful and loathsome.
(b) Exciting and giddy.
(c) Bustling, dark, and furtive.
(d) Slow, tired, and deserted.
5. Albertine believes Gerry's main problem is:
(a) He believe in laws and authority.
(b) He was restless.
(c) He doesn't have any white friends.
(d) He believes in justice.
6. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
(a) They don't have enough money to survive on their own.
(b) They are both running away and lost.
(c) They are both estranged from their families.
(d) They don't get along with anyone else.
7. Dot's most outstanding characteristic is:
(a) She never gets angry.
(b) She hates pissants.
(c) She is an escaped convict.
(d) She is direct.
8. Sister Mary uses her clarinet to:
(a) Remember her life before the convent.
(b) Drown her sorrows.
(c) Awaken the other nuns.
(d) Escape sleeplessness.
9. After Gordie kills the deer with the crow bar:
(a) He imagines the deer is accusing him of cowardice.
(b) He imagines she is blaming him for June's death.
(c) He imagines he has killed June.
(d) He imagines he has confessed it to the priest.
10. The cold weather that drives Henry and Lyman back to the reservation after their visit to Alaska foreshadows:
(a) Lyman's last chance to travel off the reservation.
(b) An unfortunate event is waiting for them at home.
(c) Winter is approaching.
(d) Their fun trip is over.
11. Albertine reminds Henry of:
(a) The displaced people in Viet Nam traveling with their belongings.
(b) One of his relatives from the reservation who died in Viet Nam.
(c) A girl he met in a village in Viet Nam who blew herself up.
(d) His mother when she was younger.
12. Henry appears to be:
(a) A soldier and a Chippewa.
(b) A good-looking bus driver.
(c) A soldier her father knew.
(d) One of her old family friends.
13. Gordie sees another example of the universe's contempt for him when:
(a) He begins shaking.
(b) He hits a deer who has a new fawn.
(c) He can not find the key to open the trunk of his car.
(d) He is almost hit by an oncoming car.
14. How does Lyman describe the image of himself and Henry in their last photo?
(a) He and Henry smiling in the sun.
(b) Henry's face haunting him from inside the closet door.
(c) Both boys sitting on the bank of the river.
(d) His own face out in the sun and Henry's pulled back in the shadows.
15. Gerry is difficult for Dot to hide because:
(a) He never stays in one place.
(b) He is so large and distinct looking.
(c) He eats so much.
(d) He never cleans up after himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gerry's most unusual feature is:
2. While King and Lynette watch the newscast about Gerry's escape, Lipsha:
3. In what way is Lipsha "the only one that's ignorant?"
4. Lipsha wins the hand of poker because:
5. The trait that will keep Lipsha out of the army is:
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)