Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What might the eggs Andy peels, and June consumes, represent? What do eggs symbolize?
2. When June holds her doorknob in the bathroom stall, the author states, "Her room was locked. And she was ready for him now." In what way does the locked room prepare June for Andy?
3. What is ironic about the day of June's death, the Saturday before Easter?
4. Albertine's pun on the chapter title "Patient Abuse" in her nursing textbook implies what two ideas?
5. Because Nector attended a white school...
This section contains 848 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)