|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like Marie in the previous chapter, Nector compares himself to:
(a) A stone being worn down by water.
(b) Lost in a dream.
(c) Discarded rosary beads.
(d) His mother.
2. The line "once they smash there is no way to put them right," describing Albertine's attempt to fix the pies, also suggests:
(a) There are fears among her relatives that she has been ruined like June.
(b) She is a stickler for control.
(c) She has limitations as a baker.
(d) There are relationships beyond repair in her family.
3. June is like Marie in that:
(a) She belongs in the woods with Eli.
(b) She is lonely, depressed, and wants to find a way out.
(c) She is tough, distrustful, and unwilling to show vulnerability.
(d) She comes from the dirty Lazarres and wants to prove herself.
4. Metaphorically, Marie appeals to Nector because:
(a) She is white while others have been Indians.
(b) He feels he can help heal the wound in her hand.
(c) She is bitter while all other women have been sweet.
(d) She is part of the whale Ishmael seeks.
5. Beverly "Hat" Lamartine has many nicknames because:
(a) He builds up his muscles.
(b) He has lived many places.
(c) He feels that people consider his name feminine.
(d) He always wears a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nector compares himself to Ishmael from Moby Dick because:
2. Lyman Lamartine considers himself lucky because:
3. Rushes Bear admits she has come to stay with Marie because:
4. What interrupts Eli and Marie's exchange in the kitchen?
5. Though she is heartbroken, Marie says she will not "park herself on the tracks for Nector," which means:
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)