|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lulu goes to her bedroom to lay down and "wait," what does this imply?
(a) She knows Beverly will come to her.
(b) She is tired and needs time alone.
(c) She is waiting for Beverly to leave.
(d) She knows Beverly will try to leave with Henry Jr.
2. Why does everyone seem wary of King's new car?
(a) It was dangerous to ride in, like June's car.
(b) It was paid for by June's life insurance, and too much like June herself.
(c) June had left him the life insurance to care for his family, not buy a car.
(d) It was disrespectful of King to buy a new car so soon after his mother's death.
3. Comparing the size of her ignorance to the length of the sky, Marie attempts to convey that:
(a) Her ignorance spanned the globe.
(b) Her ignorance was part of her atmosphere.
(c) Her ignorance was no hindrance to her.
(d) Her ignorance was pure and wide.
4. When Albertine suggests that for Gerry "it was perhaps the very first time in his life he had something to run for," the 'something' she refers to is:
(a) Dot and the baby.
(b) A new motorcycle.
(c) A place to hide with Dot.
(d) Freedom from prison.
5. How are Marie and Rushes Bear "related" by the end of the story?
(a) They are both willing to overlook Fleur Pillager's interference in their marriages.
(b) Marie discovers that Rushes Bear was her mother all along.
(c) The discover that Marie and Nector are cousins.
(d) They are both lonely, having survived unsuccessful marriages, and care for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the description of the woods as shadowy and cold foreshadow?
2. In observing Lulu's close-knit sons, Beverly is reminded of the fact that:
3. Henry doesn't want the red convertible anymore because:
4. Why does Albertine feel the government's policy of allotment was a joke?
5. Lulu claims she is putting on weight because:
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)