|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three motifs that appear in the chapter are:
(a) The weather, darkness, and cars.
(b) The weather, darkness, and water.
(c) Water, brotherhood, and girls.
(d) Money, water, and blood.
2. Lipsha regrets signing up for the army because:
(a) He wants to meet his father.
(b) He doesn't want to be like King.
(c) He wants to go back to the reservation.
(d) He doesn't want to be like the old veterans that get drunk in the hotel.
3. Marie's statement that "somebody had to put the tears in your eyes" suggests:
(a) She knows that Lulu's son could not help her put in her eye drops.
(b) She wants to hurt Lulu the way Lulu hurt her.
(c) She sees that Lulu had to learn love and loss somehow.
(d) She believes Nector's death has hurt Lulu.
4. Nector accuses Marie of forcing him to be with her because:
(a) He wants the nuns to understand his actions.
(b) He feels guilty for what he has done.
(c) He wants Lulu to hear so she won't be angry with him.
(d) He wants her to be afraid of him.
5. At the end of the chapter, Lipsha's intention is to:
(a) Follow Gerry over the Canadian border.
(b) Return to the reservation.
(c) Make sure King does not turn Gerry in.
(d) Continue trying to find himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one sense, the title of the chapter, "A bridge," comes from:
2. The trait that will keep Lipsha out of the army is:
3. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
4. June is like Marie in that:
5. How has Grandpa Kashpaw changed since Albertine last saw him?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)