|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To drown out the sight and sound of June's ghost, what does Gordie do?
(a) Drinks as much as he can as fast as he can.
(b) Turns on all the lights and appliances.
(c) Goes back to Uncle Eli's house.
(d) Sits in his car with the radio on.
2. Rushes Bear admits she has come to stay with Marie because:
(a) She has disowned her other children.
(b) She is about to die.
(c) Her husband has gotten remarried.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
3. Comparing the size of her ignorance to the length of the sky, Marie attempts to convey that:
(a) Her ignorance was part of her atmosphere.
(b) Her ignorance spanned the globe.
(c) Her ignorance was no hindrance to her.
(d) Her ignorance was pure and wide.
4. What feeling will not allow Marie to rejoice in her defeat of Leopolda?
5. The fish images in the story imply:
(a) Marie is only at home near the river at her reservation.
(b) Marie's devotion is slippery and tenuous.
(c) Marie's spirit animal is a fish.
(d) Marie feels
Short Answer Questions
1. Marie smiles when she hears the Dark One in the closet because:
2. Lipsha believes his grandmother will not blame him entirely for Nector's death because:
3. Henry and Albertine need each other because:
4. When Nector believes he is looking at 14-year-old Marie at the end of the chapter, he is actually looking at:
5. Lulu enters her burning house because:
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)