|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gordie sees another example of the universe's contempt for him when:
(a) He begins shaking.
(b) He can not find the key to open the trunk of his car.
(c) He is almost hit by an oncoming car.
(d) He hits a deer who has a new fawn.
2. Beverly "Hat" Lamartine has many nicknames because:
(a) He feels that people consider his name feminine.
(b) He has lived many places.
(c) He always wears a hat.
(d) He builds up his muscles.
3. At the hotel, Henry and Albertine sign the register as:
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Whatever
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Howdy Doody.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Lamartine.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. President Nixon.
4. When Marie pours syrup on her hand while thinking of Leopolda, the scene reminds the reader of what?
(a) Marie's carelessness.
(b) The wounds of Jesus Christ.
(c) Marie's self-hatred.
(d) The wound Leopolda inflicted on Marie.
5. How are Marie and Rushes Bear "related" by the end of the story?
(a) Marie discovers that Rushes Bear was her mother all along.
(b) They are both willing to overlook Fleur Pillager's interference in their marriages.
(c) The discover that Marie and Nector are cousins.
(d) They are both lonely, having survived unsuccessful marriages, and care for each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Albertine is changing in the bathroom, Henry:
2. Lipsha believes Nector is having a "second childhood" because:
3. The red convertible works as a symbol of:
4. Through his movie role and his portrait, Nector learns:
5. Why is Albertine angry at Lipsha when she tries to break up King and Lynette's fight?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)