|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leopolda is not impressed by Marie's lifestyle because:
(a) She doesn't believe Marie's stories.
(b) She still feels Marie is under the influence of the Dark One.
(c) She knows Nector is a drunk.
(d) She only values holyness.
2. The images Lipsha creates of the dandelions at the end of the chapter may also represent:
(b) Marie and Lulu.
(c) Nector's death.
3. Albertine's mother does not tell her about June's death because:
(a) She worries that Albertine will forget her studies and come home.
(b) She does not think Albertine will want to know.
(c) She wants to punish Albertine for leaving the reservation.
(d) She knows Albertine hasn't forgiven June for leaving.
4. When Marie pours syrup on her hand while thinking of Leopolda, the scene reminds the reader of what?
(a) The wounds of Jesus Christ.
(b) Marie's self-hatred.
(c) Marie's carelessness.
(d) The wound Leopolda inflicted on Marie.
5. Why does Marie love to go to Mass as a child?
(a) It is her only opportunity to go into town unchaperoned.
(b) She longs to be a nun.
(c) It teaches her about being a saint.
(d) She has a mail-order Catholic soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nector finally drives Lulu away by:
2. Why does Albertine feel the government's policy of allotment was a joke?
3. What final image connects Gordie to June's death?
4. Henry's casket bears a Nazi flag because:
5. Nector compares himself to Ishmael from Moby Dick because:
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)