|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marie attempts to overthrow Leopolda and punish her by:
(a) Telling the nuns how Leopolda scarred her hand.
(b) Locking her in her room.
(c) Stealing her iron spoon.
(d) Hitting her with the iron spoon.
2. Nector accuses Marie of forcing him to be with her because:
(a) He wants Lulu to hear so she won't be angry with him.
(b) He wants the nuns to understand his actions.
(c) He feels guilty for what he has done.
(d) He wants her to be afraid of him.
3. When Leopolda applies the salve to Marie's burns, Marie sees this as a sign of what?
(a) Leopolda's place as a servant.
(b) Leopolda's softening toward her.
(c) Leopolda's true nature coming through.
(d) Leopolda following her as she did in the vision.
4. During their power struggle, Marie realizes:
(a) She wants to go and get Nector back.
(b) She does not want Leopolda to die.
(c) She cannot take the spoon because Leopolda needs it.
(d) She still needs Leopolda to save her from darkness.
5. Leopolda claims she is interested in Marie in particular because:
(a) Marie has no devotion to God.
(b) The other nuns think Marie has a humble heart.
(c) Marie is just like Leopolda was at her age.
(d) Leopolda had a daughter like Marie once.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albertine is in Fargo because:
2. Henry is never still because:
3. When Nector arrives, what does Marie do with the letter?
4. Beverly rationalizes his tryst with Lulu after Henry's funeral as:
5. Albertine's mother does not tell her about June's death because:
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)