|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marie finally confronts Rushes Bear because:
(a) Rushes Bear continues accusing Marie of ruining her son.
(b) She wants Nector to return home, and Rushes Bear will not let him.
(c) She can no longer take the additional load caring for the abusive woman.
(d) Rushes Bear has pinched the children and pulled their hair.
2. In observing Lulu's close-knit sons, Beverly is reminded of the fact that:
(a) Lulu came between him and his brother Henry.
(b) Henry hadn't spoken to him in seven years.
(c) One of his own brothers was killed in combat.
(d) Henry Jr. might be his.
3. The sentence "The sun falls down the side of the world and the hill goes dark," suggests:
(a) Nector and Marie have changed their minds about each other.
(b) Nector and Marie will not be able to find their way home.
(c) Marie will return.
(d) Nector has made a mistake that will change his life.
4. Beverly rationalizes his tryst with Lulu after Henry's funeral as:
(a) The result of their long-buried passion for one another.
(b) The result of two people getting over the grief of loss.
(c) The result of Lulu's desire to have one last child.
(d) The result of Lulu's effect on men.
5. Lulu claims she is putting on weight because:
(a) She is overwhelmed by the stress of leading a double life with Nector.
(b) She does not want to admit she is pregnant, and have to reveal the baby's father.
(c) She is no longer taking care of herself since she has Nector back.
(d) She wants Nector to believe she is pregnant so he'll leave Marie for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event forces the final confrontation between Leopolda and Marie?
2. Who is Nector afraid might have witnessed his tryst with Marie?
3. Rushes Bear disowns Nector after the birth of his child because:
4. What interrupts Eli and Marie's exchange in the kitchen?
5. What breaks June down into "someone whose shoulders sag when they think no one is looking?"
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)