|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leopolda's words "Help me, Marie" before they take the loaves from the oven imply:
(a) She can't do the work of the convent alone.
(b) She needs Marie to make her a saint.
(c) She is dependent on Marie to save her from herself.
(d) She still thinks of Marie as her personal servant.
2. Rushes Bear disowns Nector after the birth of his child because:
(a) He has behaved selfishly and shamefully.
(b) He calls Marie a name.
(c) He has refused to pay for the medicine woman.
(d) He is not home for the birth of his youngest child.
3. Marie discovers later in her life that the convent:
(a) Was a kind of punishment for nuns who went astray.
(b) Was a place for those who had abandoned the church.
(c) Was a part of the government plan to relocate Indians.
(d) Was the final stop for difficult nuns.
4. The physical obstacle between Nector and Marie arises from:
(a) The number of stray children Marie takes in.
(b) The lack of money in their household.
(c) Nector's inability to stay home and stay sober.
(d) The lack of food on their table.
5. Why does everyone seem wary of King's new car?
(a) It was paid for by June's life insurance, and too much like June herself.
(b) June had left him the life insurance to care for his family, not buy a car.
(c) It was dangerous to ride in, like June's car.
(d) It was disrespectful of King to buy a new car so soon after his mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marie has "beaten" Nector at what he started because:
2. Leopolda claims she is interested in Marie in particular because:
3. What does Nector finally feel about the geese he was going to sell?
4. An accurate description of Lulu's boys would be:
5. "Lulu's Boys" is written in third person limited point of view, but the thoughts which other character are revealed at the start of the story?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)