|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nector compares himself to Ishmael from Moby Dick because:
(a) They are both survivors.
(b) They both fail at their quiests.
(c) They both have good luck.
(d) They are both obsessed with something.
2. When Leopolda applies the salve to Marie's burns, Marie sees this as a sign of what?
(a) Leopolda following her as she did in the vision.
(b) Leopolda's softening toward her.
(c) Leopolda's place as a servant.
(d) Leopolda's true nature coming through.
3. Henry's casket bears a Nazi flag because:
(a) The men from the veteran's post had put it there.
(b) Beverly brought it as a symbol of their avenged brother killed at boot camp.
(c) He was a deserter in the army.
(d) Beverly put it there as a symbol of his revenge against Henry.
4. Comparing the size of her ignorance to the length of the sky, Marie attempts to convey that:
(a) Her ignorance spanned the globe.
(b) Her ignorance was part of her atmosphere.
(c) Her ignorance was pure and wide.
(d) Her ignorance was no hindrance to her.
5. Leopolda claims Marie has received the stigmata because:
(a) Leopolda has forgiven Marie.
(b) Leopolda wants to gain attention by claiming the stigmata.
(c) Leopolda has to cover up the fact that she stabbed Marie.
(d) Leopolda believes Marie has humility of spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. The conversation between Zelda and Aurelia suggests what?
2. Beverly "Hat" Lamartine has many nicknames because:
3. Lulu's fainting at Henry's funeral suggests:
4. The description of Lulu's work in the kitchen-- filling pots by pointing at them, taking things from the oven that had never been put in--suggests:
5. Inside the bar, June decides to stay with Andy because:
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)