|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nector accuses Marie of forcing him to be with her because:
(a) He wants Lulu to hear so she won't be angry with him.
(b) He feels guilty for what he has done.
(c) He wants the nuns to understand his actions.
(d) He wants her to be afraid of him.
2. Why does Albertine feel the government's policy of allotment was a joke?
(a) Most of the reservation land was sold to whites anyway.
(b) The Native Americans were never allotted land.
(c) The whites only allotted barren land to Indians.
(d) Most of the Native Americans left reservation land.
3. Marie laughs at Nector when he accuses her of stealing the pillowcase because:
(a) Marie has stolen many things, but not a pillowcase.
(b) Marie plans to return to the convent.
(c) The pillowcase is used as a bandage for a wound a nun inflicted.
(d) The nuns have frequently accused Marie of theft.
4. What are Marie's reasons for not wanting another child around?
(a) She has plans to leave with her husband.
(b) She is ashamed of what the neighbors will think.
(c) She has always hated her sister and her family.
(d) She has too many children and a drunk of a husband.
5. What interrupts Eli and Marie's exchange in the kitchen?
(a) June wakes up and walks into the room.
(b) Nector returns with pockets full of money.
(c) June calls out from the woods.
(d) Marie has to rock June to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beverly "Hat" Lamartine has many nicknames because:
2. The real purpose for Sister Leopolda's long oak pole with the hook at the end is:
3. Beverly surrenders to Lulu's charms at the end of the story because:
4. Marie's vision of herself stops her from running away because:
5. Inside the bar, June decides to stay with Andy because:
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)