|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rushes Bear disowns Nector after the birth of his child because:
(a) He is not home for the birth of his youngest child.
(b) He has refused to pay for the medicine woman.
(c) He calls Marie a name.
(d) He has behaved selfishly and shamefully.
2. Marie compares herself to:
(a) A pebble at the shore of a lake gently caressed by the waves.
(b) The black stones of June's abandoned rosary.
(c) A pebble in a still, quiet place.
(d) A pebble at the bottom of a lake ground down by the waves.
3. What feeling will not allow Marie to rejoice in her defeat of Leopolda?
4. Rushes Bear admits she has come to stay with Marie because:
(a) Her husband has gotten remarried.
(b) She has disowned her other children.
(c) She is about to die.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
5. Albertine's mother does not tell her about June's death because:
(a) She wants to punish Albertine for leaving the reservation.
(b) She worries that Albertine will forget her studies and come home.
(c) She does not think Albertine will want to know.
(d) She knows Albertine hasn't forgiven June for leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nector compares himself to a fish failing to breathe in an airless space, this comparison reflects:
2. What are Marie's reasons for not wanting another child around?
3. What does Nector finally feel about the geese he was going to sell?
4. Leopolda claims Marie has received the stigmata because:
5. Why does Albertine think King and Lipsha don't get along?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)