|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sentence "The sun falls down the side of the world and the hill goes dark," suggests:
(a) Nector and Marie will not be able to find their way home.
(b) Marie will return.
(c) Nector and Marie have changed their minds about each other.
(d) Nector has made a mistake that will change his life.
2. Gerry is the son who is most like Lulu because:
(a) He laughs easily and is a born leader.
(b) He teaches the others to follow Lulu.
(c) He cares for the other boys like his own sons.
(d) He has black eyes and is frequently in trouble.
3. Nector does not notice Marie because:
(a) He is daydreaming about Lulu Nanapush.
(b) He is not interested in white girls.
(c) He has just broken up with Lulu Nanapush.
(d) He is preoccupied with the geese.
4. Marie's quiet behavior after the scalding leads the other nuns to believe:
(a) She will be a saint someday.
(b) She is humble and docile.
(c) She is in extreme pain.
(d) She is punishing Leopolda.
5. When Lulu goes to her bedroom to lay down and "wait," what does this imply?
(a) She is waiting for Beverly to leave.
(b) She knows Beverly will come to her.
(c) She knows Beverly will try to leave with Henry Jr.
(d) She is tired and needs time alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marie has "beaten" Nector at what he started because:
2. Why does everyone seem wary of King's new car?
3. Why is Albertine angry at Lipsha when she tries to break up King and Lynette's fight?
4. What does Leopolda's big key open?
5. Henry's casket bears a Nazi flag because:
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)