|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marie's reasons for not wanting another child around?
(a) She is ashamed of what the neighbors will think.
(b) She has too many children and a drunk of a husband.
(c) She has plans to leave with her husband.
(d) She has always hated her sister and her family.
2. Leopolda strikes Marie with the oak pole because:
(a) Marie has no confidence in Leopolda.
(b) Marie has been looking through the children's bags.
(c) Marie says she is not afraid of the dark one.
(d) Marie smiles in class as if she senses the devil's presence.
3. Marie laughs at Nector when he accuses her of stealing the pillowcase because:
(a) The nuns have frequently accused Marie of theft.
(b) Marie plans to return to the convent.
(c) Marie has stolen many things, but not a pillowcase.
(d) The pillowcase is used as a bandage for a wound a nun inflicted.
4. What does Leopolda's big key open?
(a) The iron stove.
(b) The closet where the Dark One is hiding.
(c) The larder where the food is kept.
(d) The medicine closet where she keeps the salve.
5. Rushes Bear admits she has come to stay with Marie because:
(a) She has disowned her other children.
(b) She is about to die.
(c) She has nowhere else to go.
(d) Her husband has gotten remarried.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's exchange with his wife Lynette suggests what?
2. Why is Albertine angry at Lipsha when she tries to break up King and Lynette's fight?
3. The sentence "The sun falls down the side of the world and the hill goes dark," suggests:
4. When Marie does not cry out at the pain caused by her wounds or by Nector's restraint, what does this suggest?
5. The conversation between Zelda and Aurelia suggests what about their personalities?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)