|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone seem wary of King's new car?
(a) It was dangerous to ride in, like June's car.
(b) It was paid for by June's life insurance, and too much like June herself.
(c) It was disrespectful of King to buy a new car so soon after his mother's death.
(d) June had left him the life insurance to care for his family, not buy a car.
2. The line "once they smash there is no way to put them right," describing Albertine's attempt to fix the pies, also suggests:
(a) There are relationships beyond repair in her family.
(b) She has limitations as a baker.
(c) She is a stickler for control.
(d) There are fears among her relatives that she has been ruined like June.
3. Comparing the size of her ignorance to the length of the sky, Marie attempts to convey that:
(a) Her ignorance spanned the globe.
(b) Her ignorance was pure and wide.
(c) Her ignorance was part of her atmosphere.
(d) Her ignorance was no hindrance to her.
4. Why does Albertine think King and Lipsha don't get along?
(a) They used to fight when they were young, and now they don't like each other.
(b) They are half-brothers, which was a family secret.
(c) King tried to take a potshot at Lipsha when they were hunting.
(d) King was June's son, but Gordie always liked Lipsha better.
5. What feeling will not allow Marie to rejoice in her defeat of Leopolda?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Albertine feel the government's policy of allotment was a joke?
2. The conversation between Zelda and Aurelia suggests what about their personalities?
3. The real purpose for Sister Leopolda's long oak pole with the hook at the end is:
4. Leopolda claims she is interested in Marie in particular because:
5. Marie's vision of herself stops her from running away because:
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)