|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marie's quiet behavior after the scalding leads the other nuns to believe:
(a) She is punishing Leopolda.
(b) She is humble and docile.
(c) She will be a saint someday.
(d) She is in extreme pain.
2. Marie has "beaten" Nector at what he started because:
(a) She gets away before he can return her to the convent.
(b) He is not as strong as she is, and she hurts him.
(c) She demands the geese from him.
(d) He finds himself weakened when he intended to overpower her.
3. Beverly surrenders to Lulu's charms at the end of the story because:
(a) He has always been powerless against her.
(b) He is afraid of what the sons will do if he tries to leave.
(c) He thinks it will persuade her to release Henry Jr.
(d) He feels he owes it to his brother to stay.
4. Marie admits that Lipsha was always her favorite after:
(a) He tells her he has acquired the goose hearts.
(b) He tells her that Nector's love is what keeps his ghost by her side.
(c) Zelda tells Lipsha to go away at the funeral.
(d) Nector chokes to death.
5. Henry's casket bears a Nazi flag because:
(a) Beverly brought it as a symbol of their avenged brother killed at boot camp.
(b) The men from the veteran's post had put it there.
(c) Beverly put it there as a symbol of his revenge against Henry.
(d) He was a deserter in the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Albertine is in Fargo because:
2. What responsibilities does Marie keep up in order to distract herself from unhappiness?
3. The allusion to the story of Jesus Christ when Henry eats his own blood mixed with bread suggests:
4. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
5. In observing Lulu's close-knit sons, Beverly is reminded of the fact that:
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)