|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King's exchange with his wife Lynette suggests what?
(a) Their marriage is based on respect.
(b) Their marriage is violent and acrimonious.
(c) Their marriage is loving and peaceful.
(d) Their marriage is based on lies.
2. Why does Albertine feel the government's policy of allotment was a joke?
(a) Most of the reservation land was sold to whites anyway.
(b) The whites only allotted barren land to Indians.
(c) The Native Americans were never allotted land.
(d) Most of the Native Americans left reservation land.
3. In observing Lulu's close-knit sons, Beverly is reminded of the fact that:
(a) Henry Jr. might be his.
(b) One of his own brothers was killed in combat.
(c) Lulu came between him and his brother Henry.
(d) Henry hadn't spoken to him in seven years.
4. The cold weather that drives Henry and Lyman back to the reservation after their visit to Alaska foreshadows:
(a) An unfortunate event is waiting for them at home.
(b) Their fun trip is over.
(c) Lyman's last chance to travel off the reservation.
(d) Winter is approaching.
5. Albertine and Dot's initial conflict arises because:
(a) Albertine threw her coffee in Dot's face.
(b) Dot thinks Albertine is flirting with Gerry.
(c) Albertine is having Gerry's baby.
(d) Dot thinks Albertine turned Gerry over to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lulu claims she is putting on weight because:
2. Rushes Bear admits she has come to stay with Marie because:
3. Albertine believes Gerry's main problem is:
4. The boys decided to take the car out for a drive because:
5. Gordie sees another example of the universe's contempt for him when:
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)