|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marie does not cry out at the pain caused by her wounds or by Nector's restraint, what does this suggest?
(a) Marie wants to impress Nector.
(b) Marie regrets her actions at the convent.
(c) Marie does not want to show weakness.
(d) Marie does not feel any pain.
2. Why does June carry a doorknob in her purse?
(a) The doorknob brings June good luck.
(b) The doorknob continuously falls off of her door.
(c) Taking off the doorknob is the only way to lock her room.
(d) The doorknob is a weapon she uses against men.
3. Marie discovers later in her life that the convent:
(a) Was a place for those who had abandoned the church.
(b) Was the final stop for difficult nuns.
(c) Was a part of the government plan to relocate Indians.
(d) Was a kind of punishment for nuns who went astray.
4. June Kashpaw wanders the streets of Wiliiston, North Dakota because:
(a) She is locked out of her room.
(b) She is waiting for a friend to pick her up.
(c) She is window shopping.
(d) She is waiting for the noon bus to come and take her home.
5. Nector's comparison of wounded animals to "killed saints" is ironic because:
(a) Nector does not understand Catholicism.
(b) Nector does not seem to respect the geese.
(c) Marie's goal had been to become the first Indian saint.
(d) Marie wanted Nector to give her the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The line "once they smash there is no way to put them right," describing Albertine's attempt to fix the pies, also suggests:
2. What does Nector finally feel about the geese he was going to sell?
3. Why does Marie love to go to Mass as a child?
4. Why is Albertine angry at Lipsha when she tries to break up King and Lynette's fight?
5. The real purpose for Sister Leopolda's long oak pole with the hook at the end is:
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)