|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marie finally confronts Rushes Bear because:
(a) She wants Nector to return home, and Rushes Bear will not let him.
(b) Rushes Bear continues accusing Marie of ruining her son.
(c) Rushes Bear has pinched the children and pulled their hair.
(d) She can no longer take the additional load caring for the abusive woman.
2. The fish images in the story imply:
(a) Marie's spirit animal is a fish.
(b) Marie feels
(c) Marie is only at home near the river at her reservation.
(d) Marie's devotion is slippery and tenuous.
3. Leopolda claims she is interested in Marie in particular because:
(a) Marie has no devotion to God.
(b) The other nuns think Marie has a humble heart.
(c) Leopolda had a daughter like Marie once.
(d) Marie is just like Leopolda was at her age.
4. In her vision, Marie sees herself as:
(a) An old nun like Leopolda.
(b) A fish caught on a lure.
(c) A golden saint tipped with diamonds.
(d) A cloud of dust.
5. Beverly surrenders to Lulu's charms at the end of the story because:
(a) He has always been powerless against her.
(b) He is afraid of what the sons will do if he tries to leave.
(c) He thinks it will persuade her to release Henry Jr.
(d) He feels he owes it to his brother to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lulu goes to her bedroom to lay down and "wait," what does this imply?
2. Marie struggles with Zelda's growing up because:
3. When Nector arrives, what does Marie do with the letter?
4. Marie will not pray because:
5. "Lulu's Boys" is written in third person limited point of view, but the thoughts which other character are revealed at the start of the story?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)