|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Marie's reasons for not wanting another child around?
(a) She has plans to leave with her husband.
(b) She has always hated her sister and her family.
(c) She has too many children and a drunk of a husband.
(d) She is ashamed of what the neighbors will think.
2. The neighborhood gossips come around asking about what?
(a) The information Marie has about their husbands and children.
(b) Why Eli spends time at the house and alone in the woods with June.
(c) Why Nector goes into the woods alone with June.
(d) Why June refuses to come to church, though she wears a rosary.
3. In observing Lulu's close-knit sons, Beverly is reminded of the fact that:
(a) One of his own brothers was killed in combat.
(b) Lulu came between him and his brother Henry.
(c) Henry hadn't spoken to him in seven years.
(d) Henry Jr. might be his.
4. Gerry is the son who is most like Lulu because:
(a) He laughs easily and is a born leader.
(b) He has black eyes and is frequently in trouble.
(c) He teaches the others to follow Lulu.
(d) He cares for the other boys like his own sons.
5. Beverly rationalizes his tryst with Lulu after Henry's funeral as:
(a) The result of their long-buried passion for one another.
(b) The result of Lulu's desire to have one last child.
(c) The result of Lulu's effect on men.
(d) The result of two people getting over the grief of loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Though she is heartbroken, Marie says she will not "park herself on the tracks for Nector," which means:
2. What responsibilities does Marie keep up in order to distract herself from unhappiness?
3. Beverly "Hat" Lamartine has many nicknames because:
4. What interrupts Eli and Marie's exchange in the kitchen?
5. Rushes Bear disowns Nector after the birth of his child because:
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)