|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Eli and Marie's exchange in the kitchen?
(a) Marie has to rock June to sleep.
(b) Nector returns with pockets full of money.
(c) June calls out from the woods.
(d) June wakes up and walks into the room.
2. When Marie pours syrup on her hand while thinking of Leopolda, the scene reminds the reader of what?
(a) Marie's self-hatred.
(b) Marie's carelessness.
(c) The wound Leopolda inflicted on Marie.
(d) The wounds of Jesus Christ.
3. How are Marie and Rushes Bear "related" by the end of the story?
(a) The discover that Marie and Nector are cousins.
(b) They are both willing to overlook Fleur Pillager's interference in their marriages.
(c) They are both lonely, having survived unsuccessful marriages, and care for each other.
(d) Marie discovers that Rushes Bear was her mother all along.
4. The darkness of the night "lifting" coincides with Sister Mary's discovery that:
(a) Gordie had not killed his wife, but a deer.
(b) She had not awakened any of the nuns with her clarinet.
(c) Gordie had run away and was no longer a threat.
(d) Gordie was a drunk who needed her help.
5. When Zelda delivers the letter, what does Marie do?
(a) Bursts into tears.
(b) Blames Zelda for the day's unhappy events.
(c) Reads the letter immediately, not caring who sees.
(d) Tells her to change her clothes, then reads the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leopolda is not impressed by Marie's lifestyle because:
2. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
3. Marie struggles with Zelda's growing up because:
4. What final image connects Gordie to June's death?
5. Gordie sees another example of the universe's contempt for him when:
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)