|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
(a) He spoke her name aloud.
(b) He reminisced about her at Eli's house.
(c) He went through her possessions.
(d) He prayed for her return.
2. After Gordie kills the deer with the crow bar:
(a) He imagines he has confessed it to the priest.
(b) He imagines the deer is accusing him of cowardice.
(c) He imagines he has killed June.
(d) He imagines she is blaming him for June's death.
3. June is like Marie in that:
(a) She is lonely, depressed, and wants to find a way out.
(b) She is tough, distrustful, and unwilling to show vulnerability.
(c) She comes from the dirty Lazarres and wants to prove herself.
(d) She belongs in the woods with Eli.
4. Marie will not pray because:
(a) She doesn't remember the prayers of her childhood.
(b) She refuses to be caught begging God.
(c) She does not want to go to church.
(d) She keeps her secrets to herself.
5. Though she is heartbroken, Marie says she will not "park herself on the tracks for Nector," which means:
(a) She will not put herself in the way of harm for his happiness.
(b) She will not give up on herself and fall apart.
(c) She will not leave her husband and children.
(d) She will not destroy their truck by leaving it on the train tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sister Mary could be described as:
2. What does the description of the woods as shadowy and cold foreshadow?
3. How are Marie and Rushes Bear "related" by the end of the story?
4. Eli appeals to June because:
5. When Marie pours syrup on her hand while thinking of Leopolda, the scene reminds the reader of what?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)