|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eli's behavior toward Gordie suggests:
(a) He cares for Gordie and is honest with him.
(b) He is exactly the same as Gordie.
(c) He blames Gordie for June's death.
(d) He has no patience for Gordie's alcholism.
2. Though Leopolda is dying, Marie's real reason for visiting her is:
(a) To beg Leopolda's forgiveness for her behavior at the convent.
(b) To get help finding Nector.
(c) To offer her daughter Zelda up to the convent.
(d) To show Leopolda how far she has come up in the world.
3. The beads around June's neck are:
(a) A rosary given to her by the Crees who found her.
(b) The inheritance left to her by her father.
(c) Spirit beads left to her by her mother.
(d) A rosary given to her by the nuns at the convent.
4. Why does Gordie believe he has brought out June's ghost?
(a) He prayed for her return.
(b) He spoke her name aloud.
(c) He reminisced about her at Eli's house.
(d) He went through her possessions.
5. To drown out the sight and sound of June's ghost, what does Gordie do?
(a) Sits in his car with the radio on.
(b) Goes back to Uncle Eli's house.
(c) Drinks as much as he can as fast as he can.
(d) Turns on all the lights and appliances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rushes Bear disowns Nector after the birth of his child because:
2. What does the description of the woods as shadowy and cold foreshadow?
3. Marie compares herself to:
4. What are Marie's reasons for not wanting another child around?
5. Leopolda is not impressed by Marie's lifestyle because:
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)