|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
2. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
3. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
4. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
5. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)