|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
2. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
3. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
4. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
5. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)