|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
2. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
3. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
4. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
5. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)