|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
2. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
3. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
4. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
5. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Benjamin and Sir Sampson and Valentine and Sir Sampson.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the motivations of the character Valentine. Discuss why he makes the choices he does, despite their consequences. Explain whether or not Valentine is a likeable character. Use evidence from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)