|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
2. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
3. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
4. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
5. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)