|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
2. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
3. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
4. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
5. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)