|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
2. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
3. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
4. What does Valentine never return to his father?
5. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Benjamin and Sir Sampson and Valentine and Sir Sampson.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the aspect of opportunism as made visible through the characters actions. Is opportunism related to the times? Is it a good thing?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)