|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
2. What kind of life does Ben lead?
3. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
4. What does Valentine never return to his father?
5. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)