|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
2. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
3. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
4. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
5. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character motivation of Sir Sampson. Concentrate specifically on Sir Sampson's role as the patriarch. Is he a likeable, understandable character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivation of the character Angelica. Explain why she is a woman ahead of her time. Discuss how she relies on her self-confidence and wit to be the power center and the object of affection and attention for Valentine, as well as Sir Sampson.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)