|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
2. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
3. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
4. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
5. What does Valentine never return to his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character motivation of Sir Sampson. Concentrate specifically on Sir Sampson's role as the patriarch. Is he a likeable, understandable character? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)