|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
2. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
3. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
4. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
5. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)