|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
2. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
3. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
4. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
5. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivation of the character Angelica. Explain why she is a woman ahead of her time. Discuss how she relies on her self-confidence and wit to be the power center and the object of affection and attention for Valentine, as well as Sir Sampson.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)