|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Mrs. Frail possess that emboldens her to rescue Benjamin from Miss Prue?
2. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
3. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
4. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
5. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)