|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
2. What does Valentine never return to his father?
3. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
4. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
5. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivations of the protagonist, antagonist, and foil in Love for Love.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)