|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
2. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
3. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
4. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
5. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)