|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
2. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
3. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
4. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
5. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the aspect of opportunism as made visible through the characters actions. Is opportunism related to the times? Is it a good thing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)