|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
2. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
3. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
4. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
5. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the relationship between Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail. Explain the misunderstandings and miscommunication that takes place between the two women. Support your findings with textual evidence.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)