|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
2. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
3. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
4. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
5. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the motivations of the character Valentine. Discuss why he makes the choices he does, despite their consequences. Explain whether or not Valentine is a likeable character. Use evidence from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the phrase "one receives in exchange something of equal value to that which is given" and how it pertains to the play. Use action that takes place in the play to describe your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)