|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
2. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
3. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
4. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
5. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)