|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
2. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
3. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
4. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
5. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)