|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
2. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
3. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
4. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
5. What kind of life does Ben lead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)