|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine continue to do even as Scandal, Foresight, and Jeremy return to witness Mrs. Frail pretending to be Angelica?
2. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
3. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
4. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
5. How best describes the present father and son relationship between Valentine and Sir Sampson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)