|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
2. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
3. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
4. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
5. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Benjamin and Sir Sampson and Valentine and Sir Sampson.
Essay Topic 3
Explain and construct the literary element "Plot" as it applies to the play. Start with the exposition, then foreshadowing, conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, falling action, and resolution. Use examples from the play as you lay out the plot.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)