Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
3. What kind of life does Ben lead?
4. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
5. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
Describe the concept of arranged marriage as it pertains to Benjamin and Miss Prue. How would the play have changed had Benjamin kept his arranged marriage to Miss Prue?
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
Explain and construct the literary element "Plot" as it applies to the play. Start with the exposition, then foreshadowing, conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, falling action, and resolution. Use examples from the play as you lay out the plot.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)