|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
2. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
3. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
4. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
5. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the motivations of the character Valentine. Discuss why he makes the choices he does, despite their consequences. Explain whether or not Valentine is a likeable character. Use evidence from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)