|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
2. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
3. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
4. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
5. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the secret intimate encounters that occur throughout the play and how they show the true intent of one character to another.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motivation of the character Angelica. Explain why she is a woman ahead of her time. Discuss how she relies on her self-confidence and wit to be the power center and the object of affection and attention for Valentine, as well as Sir Sampson.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)