|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
2. Who is Valentine's best friend?
3. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
4. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
5. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica regarding the use of his carriage?
2. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
3. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
4. How does Angelica retort the comment made by Foresight regarding her inability to use his carriage?
5. Explain how Sir Sampson responds to Angelica's affections.
6. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
7. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
8. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
9. Describe Mrs. Foresight's "trick".
10. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character motivation of Sir Sampson. Concentrate specifically on Sir Sampson's role as the patriarch. Is he a likeable, understandable character? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the relationship between Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail. Explain the misunderstandings and miscommunication that takes place between the two women. Support your findings with textual evidence.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)