|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
2. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
3. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
5. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the elation that Sir Sampson feels for Benjamin.
2. What does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail just as Valentine's brother, Ben, arrives?
3. Describe Mrs. Foresight's "trick".
4. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
5. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
6. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
7. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
8. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
9. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
10. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and construct the literary element "Plot" as it applies to the play. Start with the exposition, then foreshadowing, conflict, rising action, crisis, climax, falling action, and resolution. Use examples from the play as you lay out the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)