|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
2. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
3. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
4. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
5. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angelica retort the comment made by Foresight regarding her inability to use his carriage?
2. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
3. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
4. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
5. What does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail just as Valentine's brother, Ben, arrives?
6. Why is Benjamin such a desired man?
7. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
8. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
9. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
10. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motivations of the protagonist, antagonist, and foil in Love for Love.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)