|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
2. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
3. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
4. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
5. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
2. Explain the disposition of Valentine as he enters the room.
3. What are Jeremy and Scandal testing Valentine for at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
5. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
6. Discuss the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica.
7. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
8. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
9. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
10. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 2Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Benjamin and Sir Sampson and Valentine and Sir Sampson.
Essay Topic 3Discuss the motivations of the protagonist, antagonist, and foil in Love for Love.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)