Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
2. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
3. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
5. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
2. How does Miss Prue react to the harsh words of Tattle?
3. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
4. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
5. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
6. What does the deed of conveyance do?
7. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
8. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
9. Who is Benjamin?
10. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the motivations of the character Valentine. Discuss why he makes the choices he does, despite their consequences. Explain whether or not Valentine is a likeable character. Use evidence from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)