|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
2. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
3. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
4. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
5. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Benjamin?
2. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
3. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
4. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
5. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
6. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
7. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
8. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
9. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
10. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Benjamin and Sir Sampson and Valentine and Sir Sampson.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)