|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
2. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
3. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
4. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
5. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jeremy and Scandal testing Valentine for at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
3. Why is Benjamin such a desired man?
4. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
5. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
6. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
7. What happens when Ben and Miss Prue get acquainted?
8. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
9. Explain what happens when Sir Sampson hears that Valentine has gone mad. What are the overarching ramifications?
10. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)