|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine blame his father for?
2. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
3. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
4. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
5. In which city does Valentine live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the dynamic between Scandal and Mrs. Foresight in Act 4. How has it changed since Act 3?
2. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
3. Discuss the final thoughts of Angelica as she addresses Valentine and Sir Sampson.
4. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
5. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
6. Why does Angelica consider herself fortunate?
7. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
8. Describe the elation that Sir Sampson feels for Benjamin.
9. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
10. Who is Benjamin?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the irony of the names of the characters as chosen by the playwright. Include scenes from the play that support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character motivation of Sir Sampson. Concentrate specifically on Sir Sampson's role as the patriarch. Is he a likeable, understandable character? Explain.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)