|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
2. In which city does Valentine live?
3. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
5. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jeremy and Scandal testing Valentine for at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Discuss the final thoughts of Angelica as she addresses Valentine and Sir Sampson.
3. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
4. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
5. Describe how Valentine has become indebted.
6. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
7. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
8. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
9. Describe the character of Tattle.
10. Describe the character of Valentine.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character motivation of Sir Sampson. Concentrate specifically on Sir Sampson's role as the patriarch. Is he a likeable, understandable character? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)