|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine blame his father for?
2. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
3. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
4. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
5. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the deed of conveyance do?
2. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
3. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
4. Describe the character of Valentine.
5. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
6. Describe how Valentine has become indebted.
7. Discuss what happens when Angelica arrives at Valentine's home.
8. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
9. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
10. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the literary element "Irony of Situation" (an action of happenstance that is the opposite of what is expected or intended) as it applies to the characters. Be sure to include all of the coupling that occurs in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the literary element of conflict. Use details. Include whether the conflict is man versus man, man versus nature, man versus society, man versus self.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)