|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
2. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
3. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
4. Where does Miss Prue come from?
5. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
2. Explain the dynamic between Scandal and Mrs. Foresight in Act 4. How has it changed since Act 3?
3. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
4. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
5. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
6. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
7. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
8. Describe the character of Scandal.
9. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
10. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the social roles of the English Reformation and how they are either apparent or not apparent in the characters in Love for Love.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism in the play. Remember that things, characters, and actions can all be symbols. Use textual evidence.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)