|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
2. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
4. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
5. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
2. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
3. Discuss the final thoughts of Angelica as she addresses Valentine and Sir Sampson.
4. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
5. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
6. Explain how Sir Sampson responds to Angelica's affections.
7. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
8. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
9. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
10. What happens when Ben and Miss Prue get acquainted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how insincerity has no place in families, love relationships, or business relationships. In response, explain what does make families, relationships and business flourish. Use scenes from the play to strengthen your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of Love for Love and how the author expresses the theme. Remember to include main character motivations as well as thoughts and conversations.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the practice of role-playing and whether or not it leads to disappointment. Use Benjamin and Miss Prue as an example.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)