Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
2. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
3. How does Scandal thwart persistent attempts by Trapland to collect his money?
4. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
5. Where does Miss Prue come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dynamic between Ben and Mrs. Frail toward the end of the 3rd act.
2. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
3. What do the two older woman want to encourage in Miss Prue?
4. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
5. What does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail just as Valentine's brother, Ben, arrives?
6. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
7. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
8. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
9. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
10. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
Discuss the motivation of the character Angelica. Explain why she is a woman ahead of her time. Discuss how she relies on her self-confidence and wit to be the power center and the object of affection and attention for Valentine, as well as Sir Sampson.
Discuss the motivations of the protagonist, antagonist, and foil in Love for Love.
Discuss the traditional roles of men and women as portrayed in the play. Use dialogue as evidence. Pay specific attention to how the men deal with the legal issues while the women are fretting and tedious. How are these roles a sign of the times?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)