|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) their problems resolved
(b) returned love and respect
(c) Valentine's reputation restored
(d) his money back
2. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(b) that eagerness restores reputation
(c) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(d) that selfishness is good for business
3. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(d) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
4. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
(b) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
(c) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
(d) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
5. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
(a) that Miss Prue has been seduced
(b) that Valentine has disgraced the family
(c) that Ben is promised to Miss Prue
(d) that Mrs. Frail is still single
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
2. How have all the women agreed to behave, unbeknownst to the men?
3. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
4. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
5. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)