|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
(a) physical comedy
(b) stand up comedy
(c) action comedy
(d) verbal comedy
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
(a) she is in love with him
(b) Valentine will need to earn money to win her love
(c) she will consider him as a husband
(d) no romantic feelings are returned
3. What news does the servant deliver to Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal?
(a) Sir Sampson is angry
(b) Ben has arrived
(c) Mr. Tattle has seduced Miss Prue
(d) Mr. Tattle has disappeared
4. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a begger
(b) a scholar
(c) a man
(d) a poet
5. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(c) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(d) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
2. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
3. What does Valentine never return to his father?
4. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
5. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)