|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(b) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Tattle
2. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
3. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to marry Angelica
(b) to write
(c) to pay his debts
(d) to work for his father
4. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(b) the nurse
(c) Scandal's lover
5. In which city does Valentine live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
2. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
3. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
4. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
5. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
2. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
3. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
4. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
5. Describe the dynamic between Ben and Mrs. Frail toward the end of the 3rd act.
6. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
7. Describe the character of Tattle.
8. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
9. Describe why Mrs. Foresight is motivated to declare her intentions for Sir Sampson.
10. What are Jeremy and Scandal testing Valentine for at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)