|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(b) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
(c) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(d) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
2. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
3. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
4. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(b) Trapland leaves
(c) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
(d) Trapland drafts a legal document
5. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
2. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
3. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
4. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
5. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
2. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica regarding the use of his carriage?
3. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
4. Describe the character of Scandal.
5. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
6. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
7. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
8. How does Miss Prue react to the harsh words of Tattle?
9. Explain what happens when Sir Sampson hears that Valentine has gone mad. What are the overarching ramifications?
10. Describe the character of Tattle.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)