|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her reputation is ruined
(b) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(c) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(d) make sure Valentine remains poor
2. In which city does Valentine live?
3. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) a legal expert
(b) an astrological expert
(c) an educational expert
(d) a medical expert
4. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
(b) Valenine's former lover in the city
(c) The nurse
(d) Miss Prue
5. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
2. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
3. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
4. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
5. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
2. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
3. Describe the dynamic between Ben and Mrs. Frail toward the end of the 3rd act.
4. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
5. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
6. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
7. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
8. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
9. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
10. Describe the character of Valentine.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)