|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
2. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) a bigger carriage
(b) a new servant
(c) new clothes
(d) more money
3. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
4. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to write
(b) to work for his father
(c) to pay his debts
(d) to marry Angelica
5. What does Tattle do incessantly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
2. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
3. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
5. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Foresight's "trick".
2. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
3. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
4. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
5. What does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail just as Valentine's brother, Ben, arrives?
6. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
7. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
8. Describe the character of Scandal.
9. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
10. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)