|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the gardens
(b) on a walking tour
(c) on a shopping excursion
(d) to the docks
2. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
3. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(d) a home
4. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
5. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(b) Mr. Tattle
(c) Sir Sampson
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine's father hope will happen once the debts are paid?
2. What has Valentine done with all his money?
3. Where is Valentine in danger of going if he does not devise a plan?
4. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
5. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica.
2. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
3. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
4. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
5. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
6. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
7. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
8. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
9. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
10. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)