|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(c) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
2. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica threatened him
(b) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
(c) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(d) because Angelica is know to become violent
3. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(a) Mrs. Frail
4. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
5. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(b) his father
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
2. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
3. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
4. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
5. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
2. What does Sampson discuss with Foresight regarding "something of equal value" as related to his son, Valentine?
3. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
4. Discuss what happens when Angelica arrives at Valentine's home.
5. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
6. Describe Mrs. Foresight's "trick".
7. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
8. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
9. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
10. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)