|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
2. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
3. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
(a) becoming a teacher
(b) becoming a lawyer
(c) becoming a doctor
(d) becoming a writer
4. In which city does Valentine live?
5. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for support
(b) to cure her depression
(c) for love
(d) for children
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine blame his father for?
2. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
3. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
4. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
5. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
2. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
3. Why is Benjamin such a desired man?
4. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
5. Explain how Sir Sampson responds to Angelica's affections.
6. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
7. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
8. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
9. Who is Benjamin?
10. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)