|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
(a) Valentine's father is suffering from ill health
(b) Benjamin has returned from sea
(c) Trapland has filed a formal accusation against Valentine
(d) Scandal is in dire financial straights
2. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Frail
3. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
(d) time consuming
4. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
(a) because Valentine is hatching a new plan
(b) because Valentine might reconsider
(c) because Benjamin demanded the papers be put through
(d) because Benjamin arrives home tonight to settle the inheritance
5. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
(b) because Angelica threatened him
(c) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(d) because Angelica is know to become violent
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
2. In which city does Valentine live?
3. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
4. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
5. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
2. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
3. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
4. Describe why Mrs. Foresight is motivated to declare her intentions for Sir Sampson.
5. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
6. How does Angelica retort the comment made by Foresight regarding her inability to use his carriage?
7. Describe the elation that Sir Sampson feels for Benjamin.
8. Explain the dynamic between Scandal and Mrs. Foresight in Act 4. How has it changed since Act 3?
9. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
10. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)