|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) a new lover for Valentine
(b) Mrs. Frail's mother
(c) Miss Prue
2. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Foresight
3. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) publish his poetry
(b) relinquish his inheritance
(c) take a job
(d) become a novelist
4. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because hers is broken down
(b) because hers has a flat tire
(c) because his is closer to the house
(d) because she has too much luggage
5. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(b) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(c) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(d) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
2. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
3. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
4. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
5. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Valentine.
2. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
3. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
4. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
5. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
6. Describe why Mrs. Foresight is motivated to declare her intentions for Sir Sampson.
7. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
8. Explain what happens when Sir Sampson hears that Valentine has gone mad. What are the overarching ramifications?
9. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
10. Describe the character of Scandal.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)