|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
(a) to be married
(b) to be young
(c) to be smart
(d) to be wealthy
2. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(a) his father
3. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
(a) because the weather might turn
(b) because it is to taxing on her health
(c) because it is dangerous
(d) because it could ruin her reputation
4. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) a medical expert
(b) an educational expert
(c) an astrological expert
(d) a legal expert
5. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
(a) she is her stepdaughter
(b) she is her cousin
(c) she is her friend
(d) she is her neighbor
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
2. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
3. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
4. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
5. What does Tattle do incessantly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sampson discuss with Foresight regarding "something of equal value" as related to his son, Valentine?
2. What are Jeremy and Scandal testing Valentine for at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
4. Describe the elation that Sir Sampson feels for Benjamin.
5. What happens when Ben and Miss Prue get acquainted?
6. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
7. Who is Benjamin?
8. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
9. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
10. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)