|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
2. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(b) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(c) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(d) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
3. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
(a) Tattle's ever increasing waistline
(b) Tattle's stutter
(c) Tattle's inexperience with women
(d) Tattle's hygiene
4. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
(a) for the overbearing tone in her voice
(b) for her poor choice in wardrobe
(c) for her indiscriminate behavior in public
(d) for her overweight frame
5. Where is Valentine in danger of going if he does not devise a plan?
(a) back to school
(b) back to work
(c) debtor's prison
(d) to court
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
2. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
3. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
4. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
5. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
2. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
3. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
4. What do the two older woman want to encourage in Miss Prue?
5. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
6. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
7. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
8. Discuss the final thoughts of Angelica as she addresses Valentine and Sir Sampson.
9. How does Miss Prue react to the harsh words of Tattle?
10. Discuss the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)