|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
2. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
3. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(a) the nurse
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Foresight
4. What does Tattle do incessantly?
5. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(b) to collect money for laundry services
(c) to collect money for sleeping medications
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
2. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
4. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
5. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the dynamic between Scandal and Mrs. Foresight in Act 4. How has it changed since Act 3?
2. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
3. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
4. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
5. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
6. Explain the disposition of Valentine as he enters the room.
7. Describe the character of Scandal.
8. Describe Valentine's father's proposed solution to the unpaid debts
9. Discuss what happens when Angelica arrives at Valentine's home.
10. Explain how Sir Sampson responds to Angelica's affections.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)