|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(b) Mrs. Frail
2. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(b) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(c) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
(d) gives the property and family power to Valentine
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
4. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Frail
5. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
(a) because Valentine is hatching a new plan
(b) because Benjamin demanded the papers be put through
(c) because Benjamin arrives home tonight to settle the inheritance
(d) because Valentine might reconsider
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
2. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
3. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
4. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
5. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the final thoughts of Angelica as she addresses Valentine and Sir Sampson.
2. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
3. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
4. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
5. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica regarding the use of his carriage?
6. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
7. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
8. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
9. Why does Angelica consider herself fortunate?
10. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)