|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
(b) gives the property and family power to Valentine
(c) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(d) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
2. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Frail
3. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
(a) to be married
(b) to be wealthy
(c) to be young
(d) to be smart
4. Where is Valentine in danger of going if he does not devise a plan?
(a) debtor's prison
(b) to court
(c) back to work
(d) back to school
5. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(b) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
(c) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(d) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
2. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
3. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
4. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
5. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Tattle.
2. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
3. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
4. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
5. Describe why Mrs. Foresight is motivated to declare her intentions for Sir Sampson.
6. Describe the character of Scandal.
7. What does Sampson discuss with Foresight regarding "something of equal value" as related to his son, Valentine?
8. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
9. Describe how Valentine considers earning an income.
10. Describe how Valentine feels about Angelica.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)