Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) more money
(b) a bigger carriage
(c) new clothes
(d) a new servant
2. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
(a) becoming a doctor
(b) becoming a lawyer
(c) becoming a writer
(d) becoming a teacher
3. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland drafts a legal document
(b) Trapland leaves
(c) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(d) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(b) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(c) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(d) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
5. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(a) Mr. Foresight
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
2. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
3. In which city does Valentine live?
4. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
5. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
2. How does Miss Prue react to the harsh words of Tattle?
3. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
4. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
5. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
6. What does the deed of conveyance do?
7. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
8. What is the motivation for Valentine act like a madman?
9. Who is Benjamin?
10. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)