|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
(a) because he has returned from sea
(b) because he is a promising good looks
(c) because of his inheritance
(d) because of his strength of character
2. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
(a) to be young
(b) to be married
(c) to be wealthy
(d) to be smart
3. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to marry Angelica
(b) to pay his debts
(c) to write
(d) to work for his father
4. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) the nurse
5. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
(a) because Valentine is hatching a new plan
(b) because Valentine might reconsider
(c) because Benjamin demanded the papers be put through
(d) because Benjamin arrives home tonight to settle the inheritance
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Prue come from?
2. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
3. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
4. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
5. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Benjamin?
2. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
3. Describe the character of Valentine.
4. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
5. Describe the dynamic between Ben and Mrs. Frail toward the end of the 3rd act.
6. How does Angelica retort the comment made by Foresight regarding her inability to use his carriage?
7. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
8. What happens when Ben and Miss Prue get acquainted?
9. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
10. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)