|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(b) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
(c) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(d) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
2. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for sleeping medications
(b) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(c) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(d) to collect money for laundry services
3. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to marry Angelica
(b) to work for his father
(c) to pay his debts
(d) to write
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Miss Prue
5. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) on a walking tour
(b) to the gardens
(c) on a shopping excursion
(d) to the docks
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
2. What does Tattle do incessantly?
3. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
4. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
5. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
2. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
3. Describe what happens between Sir Sampson and Valentine when Valentine is announced and enters.
4. Why is Sir Sampson in such a hurry to get the deed of conveyance legalized?
5. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
6. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
7. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
8. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
9. Describe the nature of Valentine's financial situation.
10. Describe how Valentine has become indebted.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)