|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for laundry services
(b) to collect money for sleeping medications
(c) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
2. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(d) his father
3. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
4. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
(a) he's given several rounds of drink
(b) he's given a promissory note
(c) he's given a heavy meal
(d) he's given counterfit money
5. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
(a) at sea
(b) at a party
(c) in the city
(d) in the garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
2. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
3. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
4. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
5. What is Valentine's sole goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
2. Describe the character of Tattle.
3. What does the deed of conveyance do?
4. How does Valentine feel about his illegitimate child?
5. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
6. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
7. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
8. Describe how Valentine has become indebted.
9. Describe the character of Scandal.
10. Describe the character of Valentine.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)