|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(a) the nurse
(b) Mrs. Frail
2. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
(a) ten thousand pounds
(b) three thousand pounds
(c) five thousand pounds
(d) four thousand pounds
3. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
5. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
2. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
3. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
4. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
5. Where does Miss Prue come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
2. What do the two older woman want to encourage in Miss Prue?
3. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
4. Explain how Sir Sampson responds to Angelica's affections.
5. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
6. Describe the new dynamic between Benjamin and Mrs. Frail.
7. How does Miss Prue react to the harsh words of Tattle?
8. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
9. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
10. How does Valentine distract Trapland from collecting his debt?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)