|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a journalist
(b) a novelist
(c) an essayist
(d) a poet
2. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(c) Mrs. Frail
3. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
4. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(b) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(c) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(d) she doesn't and chastises her instead
5. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(b) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(c) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(d) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
2. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
3. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
4. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
5. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Benjamin such a desired man?
2. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
3. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
4. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
5. Describe Angelica's actions when Sir Sampson enters the room.
6. What actions do Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight take upon entering into a fight between Ben and Miss Prue?
7. Explain what happens when Miss Prue enters looking for Tattle.
8. Describe the elation that Sir Sampson feels for Benjamin.
9. Explain the dynamics between Ben and his father upon the announcement of the wedding.
10. Explain what happens when Sir Sampson hears that Valentine has gone mad. What are the overarching ramifications?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)