|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(b) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(c) make sure her reputation is ruined
(d) make sure Valentine remains poor
2. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
(a) becoming a doctor
(b) becoming a lawyer
(c) becoming a teacher
(d) becoming a writer
3. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(a) Mrs. Frail
4. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
(a) he's given counterfit money
(b) he's given a heavy meal
(c) he's given a promissory note
(d) he's given several rounds of drink
5. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) to cure her depression
(b) for support
(c) for children
(d) for love
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
2. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
3. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
4. What does Tattle do incessantly?
5. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angelica consider herself fortunate?
2. Describe the character of Scandal.
3. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
4. Why does Sir Sampson arrive with the lawyer, Buckram, at Valentine's home?
5. What happens after Miss Prue approaches Tattle and offers some brief pleasantries?
6. Describe the dynamic between Ben and Mrs. Frail toward the end of the 3rd act.
7. Describe the character of Valentine.
8. What does the deed of conveyance do?
9. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
10. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)