|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(b) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(c) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(d) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
2. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
(a) time consuming
3. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
(a) because Valentine is hatching a new plan
(b) because Valentine might reconsider
(c) because Benjamin demanded the papers be put through
(d) because Benjamin arrives home tonight to settle the inheritance
4. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(d) Mr. Foresight
5. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) the nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
2. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
3. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
4. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
5. What does Valentine blame his father for?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Ben enters the room to the delight of Sir Sampson, why does he become upset?
2. Describe the character of Scandal.
3. How does Angelica retort the comment made by Foresight regarding her inability to use his carriage?
4. Why does Angelica consider herself fortunate?
5. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
6. Discuss the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica.
7. Explain Angelica's actions after Valentine signs the papers.
8. Explain Valentine's behavior in Act 4.
9. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
10. Describe the character of Tattle.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)