|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) take a job
(b) publish his poetry
(c) become a novelist
(d) relinquish his inheritance
2. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
3. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(c) Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Foresight
5. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a novelist
(c) an essayist
(d) a journalist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
2. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
3. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
4. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
5. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the deed of conveyance do?
2. Explain the disposition of Valentine as he enters the room.
3. Who is Benjamin?
4. What do Miss Prue's rejections do to Ben?
5. Describe the character of Valentine.
6. Describe why Mrs. Foresight is motivated to declare her intentions for Sir Sampson.
7. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
8. Explain the news Ben announces when he enters the room.
9. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
10. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)