|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(a) a home
2. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for love
(b) to cure her depression
(c) for children
(d) for support
3. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Foresight
5. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) more money
(b) new clothes
(c) a new servant
(d) a bigger carriage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
2. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
3. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
4. What does Valentine's father hope will happen once the debts are paid?
5. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Scandal handles the nurse who has come to the door regarding one of Valentine's illegitimate children.
2. What does Valentine urge Jeremy to do as he rants and raves?
3. What does Mrs. Foresight not understand about Mrs. Frail's need to be married?
4. Describe the drain that Sir Sampson's feels as a result of his relationship with Valentine.
5. Who is Benjamin?
6. Discuss what happens when Angelica arrives at Valentine's home.
7. What do the two older woman want to encourage in Miss Prue?
8. Discuss how Angelica gets Valentine to sign the deed of conveyance.
9. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
10. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)