|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
2. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Foresight
3. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a novelist
(b) an essayist
(c) a poet
(d) a journalist
4. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
(a) in the city
(b) at sea
(c) in the garden
(d) at a party
5. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
(d) time consuming
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
2. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
3. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
4. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
5. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the difference in demeanor and personality between Mr. Tattle and Miss Prue.
2. What has happened between Mrs. Frail and Tattle?
3. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's offer of affection?
4. What happens when Ben and Miss Prue get acquainted?
5. What does the deed of conveyance do?
6. Explain the dynamic between Scandal and Mrs. Foresight in Act 4. How has it changed since Act 3?
7. Describe how Valentine has become indebted.
8. Why is Mrs. Frail so adamant about marriage?
9. Explain Angelica's reaction to Valentine as he reveals the trick.
10. How does Valentine react to Sir Sampson's swearing and outrage?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)