|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
2. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
3. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(b) Angelica quickly informs the others
(c) Angelica does not believe him
(d) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
4. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(a) cordial manners
5. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
(b) stage whispers
(c) trap doors
6. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Sir Sampson
7. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
8. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
(d) Sir Sampson
9. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) romantic feelings
(b) hopeful feelings
(c) angry feelings
(d) hunger pangs
10. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
(a) a state of relief
(b) a state of concern
(c) a state of grief
(d) a state of despair
11. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to be married
(b) to ask him how to woo Scandal
(c) to pay Valentine's debts for him
(d) to have Valentine sign the papers
12. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
(a) she pretends to love Valentine even more
(b) she pretends she loves someone else
(c) she pretends to act like Valentine is still mad
(d) she ignores Valentine
13. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
(a) a fight with Mrs. Frail
(b) a forced exit by Miss Prue
(c) an argument with Sir Sampson
(d) an argument with Ben
14. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
(a) to live in London
(b) to succeed at love
(c) to obtain money
(d) to profit from Sir Sampson
15. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(b) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
(c) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(d) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
2. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
3. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
4. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
5. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)