|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to pay Valentine's debts for him
(b) to be married
(c) to have Valentine sign the papers
(d) to ask him how to woo Scandal
2. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) find her a suitable husband
(b) set out to sea as soon as possible
(c) marry Angelica
(d) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
3. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(a) cordial manners
4. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to disinherit him
(b) to send Valentine to debters prison
(c) to have Valentine marry
(d) to move away from him
5. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
(a) the lies he has told
(b) the papers and what they say
(c) the details of the trick he's pulling
(d) his love for her
6. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(c) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(d) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
7. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(b) Sir Sampson
8. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
(a) Valentine has agreed to sign the deed
(b) Valentine will marry Angelica
(c) Valentine will return to the city
(d) Valentine has lost his mind
9. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
(b) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
(c) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
(d) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
10. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) the nurse
(d) Sir Sampson
11. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
12. How have all the women agreed to behave, unbeknownst to the men?
(a) leave the property and head into the city
(b) acknowledge anything that occured romantically the night before
(c) clean Valentine's home so he feels better
(d) divorce their husbands
13. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
(a) the nurse, Miss Prue, and Mrs. Foresight
(b) Miss Prue, Mrs. Frail, and a servant
(c) Miss Prue, Mr. Tattle, and a servant
(d) Mrs. Frail, a servant, and the nurse
14. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(b) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
15. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(b) Sir Sampson asked him to
(c) Scandal suggested he take leave
(d) he does not want confrontation
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
2. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
3. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
4. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
5. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)