|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does Mrs. Frail possess that emboldens her to rescue Benjamin from Miss Prue?
2. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
(a) Mr. Foresight
(d) Sir Sampson
3. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to have Valentine marry
(b) to send Valentine to debters prison
(c) to disinherit him
(d) to move away from him
4. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(b) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(c) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
(d) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
5. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
(b) Sir Sampson's home
(c) Valentine's home
(d) the country
6. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that eagerness restores reputation
(b) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(c) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(d) that selfishness is good for business
7. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
8. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
(a) she ignores Valentine
(b) she pretends to act like Valentine is still mad
(c) she pretends she loves someone else
(d) she pretends to love Valentine even more
9. What does Valentine never return to his father?
10. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Miss Prue
11. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(b) Sir Sampson
12. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she had no interest in Ben
(b) she already has a lover
(c) she is in love with Tuttle
(d) she can't wait to marry Ben
13. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
(a) she is in love with Tattle
(b) she is in love with Valetine
(c) she is in love with Scandal
(d) she wants to return to the country
14. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(b) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
(c) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(d) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
15. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
(a) seek to find Angelica
(b) seduce Mrs. Foresight
(c) seduce Miss Prue
(d) leaves the room
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
2. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
3. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
4. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
5. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)