|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
(b) she leaves the room in disgust
(c) she flirts with him
(d) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
2. How have all the women agreed to behave, unbeknownst to the men?
(a) clean Valentine's home so he feels better
(b) leave the property and head into the city
(c) divorce their husbands
(d) acknowledge anything that occured romantically the night before
3. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
(a) the country
(b) Valentine's home
(d) Sir Sampson's home
4. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
(a) to a parlor
(b) to the garden
(c) to a bedroom
(d) to the kitchen
5. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) the balconey
(b) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(c) her bedroom
(d) the dining room
6. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) find her a suitable husband
(b) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(c) marry Angelica
(d) set out to sea as soon as possible
7. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) the real Angelica
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
8. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(a) the nurse
(b) Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Foresight
9. What does Valentine continue to do even as Scandal, Foresight, and Jeremy return to witness Mrs. Frail pretending to be Angelica?
(a) cry and moan
(b) laugh and cackle
(c) plot and scheme
(d) rant and rave
10. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
11. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(a) a couple of months
(b) ten years
(d) a few years
12. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
(b) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(d) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
13. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to disinherit him
(b) to have Valentine marry
(c) to move away from him
(d) to send Valentine to debters prison
14. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
(a) she wants to return to the country
(b) she is in love with Scandal
(c) she is in love with Tattle
(d) she is in love with Valetine
15. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
(a) that Valentine has spent more money
(b) that Valentine is madly in love with Angelica
(c) that Valetine has lost his senses
(d) that Valentine is now in love with Miss Prue
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
2. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
3. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
4. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
5. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)