|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
2. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(b) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(c) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(d) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
3. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(b) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(c) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(d) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
4. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica quickly informs the others
(b) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(c) Angelica does not believe him
(d) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
5. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
(b) Valentine does not love her anymore
(c) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
(d) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
6. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(c) Mr. Foresight
7. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Sir Sampson
8. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she is in love with Tuttle
(b) she already has a lover
(c) she can't wait to marry Ben
(d) she had no interest in Ben
9. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) the dining room
(b) her bedroom
(c) the balconey
(d) Mrs. Foresights rooms
10. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(b) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(c) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(d) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
11. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(a) cordial manners
12. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a scholar
(c) a man
(d) a begger
13. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
(b) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
(c) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
(d) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
14. What news does the servant deliver to Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal?
(a) Mr. Tattle has seduced Miss Prue
(b) Sir Sampson is angry
(c) Mr. Tattle has disappeared
(d) Ben has arrived
15. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is depressed
(b) he is irrate
(c) he is pleased
(d) he is not suprised
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
2. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
3. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
4. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
5. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)