|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
(a) Mr. Foresight
(d) Sir Sampson
2. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(d) Mr. Foresight
3. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a scholar
(b) a poet
(c) a begger
(d) a man
4. What does Valentine continue to do even as Scandal, Foresight, and Jeremy return to witness Mrs. Frail pretending to be Angelica?
(a) cry and moan
(b) laugh and cackle
(c) plot and scheme
(d) rant and rave
5. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(b) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(c) Angelica quickly informs the others
(d) Angelica does not believe him
6. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is irrate
(b) he is not suprised
(c) he is depressed
(d) he is pleased
7. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a sailor's life
(b) a businessman's life
(c) a doctor's life
(d) a merchant's life
8. How have all the women agreed to behave, unbeknownst to the men?
(a) acknowledge anything that occured romantically the night before
(b) divorce their husbands
(c) clean Valentine's home so he feels better
(d) leave the property and head into the city
9. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) Mr. Foresight
10. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
11. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
(b) she leaves the room in disgust
(c) she flirts with him
(d) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
12. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are infatuated with each other
(b) they are infuriated with each other
(c) they are in a seedy argument
(d) they make each other laugh
13. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mr. Tattle
14. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(b) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(c) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(d) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
15. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(c) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(d) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
2. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
3. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
4. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
5. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)