|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) her bedroom
(b) the balconey
(c) the dining room
(d) Mrs. Foresights rooms
2. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
(a) physical comedy
(b) verbal comedy
(c) stand up comedy
(d) action comedy
3. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's distain for his father
(b) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(c) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
4. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(b) ten years
(c) a couple of months
(d) a few years
5. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
(a) Mr. Foresight has become unfriendly and unkind
(b) Mr. Foresight has lost all interest in her as a woman
(c) Mr. Foresight has lost his money
(d) Mr. Foresight has grown nose hair
6. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mr. Tattle
7. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
(a) leaves the room
(b) seduce Mrs. Foresight
(c) seek to find Angelica
(d) seduce Miss Prue
8. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
(a) to the garden
(b) to a parlor
(c) to the kitchen
(d) to a bedroom
9. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Miss Prue
10. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) angry feelings
(b) romantic feelings
(c) hunger pangs
(d) hopeful feelings
11. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) difficult son
(b) prodigal son
(c) proud son
(d) favorite son
12. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
13. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(b) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(c) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(d) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
14. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) Mr. Tattle
15. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valentine does not love her anymore
(b) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
(c) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
(d) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
2. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
3. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
4. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
5. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)