|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so his father will understand his stress level
(b) so he does not have to sign the papers
(c) so the doctor will come to see him
(d) so the lawyer will leave the premise
2. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
(a) Valentine's home
(b) the country
(d) Sir Sampson's home
3. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is irrate
(b) he is pleased
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is depressed
4. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Tattle
5. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
6. What characteristic does Mrs. Frail possess that emboldens her to rescue Benjamin from Miss Prue?
7. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
(a) Sir Sampson
8. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
(a) a state of grief
(b) a state of relief
(c) a state of despair
(d) a state of concern
9. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(d) Sir Sampson
10. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
(b) wildly upset
(d) secretly pleased
11. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(b) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Foresight
12. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a doctor's life
(b) a merchant's life
(c) a sailor's life
(d) a businessman's life
13. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
14. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) the dining room
(b) her bedroom
(c) the balconey
(d) Mrs. Foresights rooms
15. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
2. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
3. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
4. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
5. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)