|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(b) Angelica's love for Valentine
(c) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(d) Valentine's distain for his father
2. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are infatuated with each other
(b) they are in a seedy argument
(c) they are infuriated with each other
(d) they make each other laugh
3. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is not suprised
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is pleased
(d) he is irrate
4. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
(a) Valentine will return to the city
(b) Valentine has agreed to sign the deed
(c) Valentine has lost his mind
(d) Valentine will marry Angelica
5. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
(a) Miss Prue
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
6. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so he does not have to sign the papers
(b) so the lawyer will leave the premise
(c) so his father will understand his stress level
(d) so the doctor will come to see him
7. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
(a) she wants to return to the country
(b) she is in love with Tattle
(c) she is in love with Valetine
(d) she is in love with Scandal
8. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(b) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(c) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
(d) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
9. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to send Valentine to debters prison
(b) to disinherit him
(c) to move away from him
(d) to have Valentine marry
10. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) hopeful feelings
(b) angry feelings
(c) hunger pangs
(d) romantic feelings
11. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(b) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(c) that eagerness restores reputation
(d) that selfishness is good for business
12. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
13. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
(b) a nurse
14. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to be married
(b) to ask him how to woo Scandal
(c) to have Valentine sign the papers
(d) to pay Valentine's debts for him
15. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
(a) she pretends to act like Valentine is still mad
(b) she pretends she loves someone else
(c) she pretends to love Valentine even more
(d) she ignores Valentine
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
2. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
3. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
4. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
5. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)