|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
(a) Mr. Foresight has lost his money
(b) Mr. Foresight has become unfriendly and unkind
(c) Mr. Foresight has lost all interest in her as a woman
(d) Mr. Foresight has grown nose hair
2. What does Valentine never return to his father?
3. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
(b) Valentine does not love her anymore
(c) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
(d) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
4. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she leaves the room in disgust
(b) she flirts with him
(c) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
(d) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
5. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
(c) a nurse
6. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
7. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(d) Mr. Foresight
8. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
(b) wildly upset
(c) secretly pleased
9. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that selfishness is good for business
(b) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(c) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(d) that eagerness restores reputation
10. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
11. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to move away from him
(b) to disinherit him
(c) to have Valentine marry
(d) to send Valentine to debters prison
12. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
(a) stand up comedy
(b) action comedy
(c) physical comedy
(d) verbal comedy
13. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) the balconey
(b) the dining room
(c) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(d) her bedroom
14. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
(b) stage whispers
(c) trap doors
15. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) Valentine's reputation restored
(b) their problems resolved
(c) his money back
(d) returned love and respect
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scandal claim when he interrupts Sir Sampson and Mr. Foresight?
2. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
3. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
4. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
5. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)