|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) hopeful feelings
(b) romantic feelings
(c) angry feelings
(d) hunger pangs
2. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(d) Mr. Foresight
3. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) her bedroom
(b) the balconey
(c) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(d) the dining room
4. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is depressed
(b) he is irrate
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is pleased
5. How have all the women agreed to behave, unbeknownst to the men?
(a) clean Valentine's home so he feels better
(b) acknowledge anything that occured romantically the night before
(c) divorce their husbands
(d) leave the property and head into the city
6. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) his money back
(b) returned love and respect
(c) Valentine's reputation restored
(d) their problems resolved
7. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) find her a suitable husband
(b) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(c) marry Angelica
(d) set out to sea as soon as possible
8. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
(a) the nurse, Miss Prue, and Mrs. Foresight
(b) Miss Prue, Mrs. Frail, and a servant
(c) Mrs. Frail, a servant, and the nurse
(d) Miss Prue, Mr. Tattle, and a servant
9. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
(a) wildly upset
(d) secretly pleased
10. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a merchant's life
(b) a sailor's life
(c) a businessman's life
(d) a doctor's life
11. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
(a) to live in London
(b) to succeed at love
(c) to obtain money
(d) to profit from Sir Sampson
12. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(c) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(d) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
13. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
(a) that Miss Prue has been seduced
(b) that Mrs. Frail is still single
(c) that Valentine has disgraced the family
(d) that Ben is promised to Miss Prue
14. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
(a) she wants to marry
(b) she is in love with Valentine
(c) she wants to have his child
(d) she is no longer interseted in him
15. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
(b) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Foresight
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine continue to do even as Scandal, Foresight, and Jeremy return to witness Mrs. Frail pretending to be Angelica?
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
3. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
4. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
5. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)