|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
(a) she is no longer interseted in him
(b) she wants to have his child
(c) she wants to marry
(d) she is in love with Valentine
2. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
3. What news does the servant deliver to Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal?
(a) Mr. Tattle has disappeared
(b) Ben has arrived
(c) Mr. Tattle has seduced Miss Prue
(d) Sir Sampson is angry
4. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a man
(c) a scholar
(d) a begger
5. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she can't wait to marry Ben
(b) she already has a lover
(c) she had no interest in Ben
(d) she is in love with Tuttle
6. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's distain for his father
(b) Angelica's love for Valentine
(c) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(d) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
7. What characteristic does Mrs. Frail possess that emboldens her to rescue Benjamin from Miss Prue?
8. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Foresight
9. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
10. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
(a) she is in love with him
(b) Valentine will need to earn money to win her love
(c) she will consider him as a husband
(d) no romantic feelings are returned
11. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(b) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(c) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(d) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
12. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that eagerness restores reputation
(b) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(c) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(d) that selfishness is good for business
13. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is pleased
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is irrate
14. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(b) cordial manners
15. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(b) Sir Sampson
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
2. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
3. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
4. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
5. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)