|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
(a) stand up comedy
(b) action comedy
(c) verbal comedy
(d) physical comedy
2. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) Sir Sampson asked him to
(b) he does not want confrontation
(c) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(d) Scandal suggested he take leave
3. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(b) ten years
(c) a couple of months
(d) a few years
4. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
(b) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(c) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(d) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
5. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
(a) Sir Sampson
6. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
(a) she pretends to act like Valentine is still mad
(b) she ignores Valentine
(c) she pretends she loves someone else
(d) she pretends to love Valentine even more
7. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(b) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(c) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(d) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
8. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
9. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(a) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Foresight
10. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
(a) leaves the room
(b) seek to find Angelica
(c) seduce Miss Prue
(d) seduce Mrs. Foresight
11. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
(a) to the garden
(b) to the kitchen
(c) to a parlor
(d) to a bedroom
12. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a man
(b) a poet
(c) a begger
(d) a scholar
13. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
14. What does Valentine never return to his father?
15. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) hopeful feelings
(b) angry feelings
(c) hunger pangs
(d) romantic feelings
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
2. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
3. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
4. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
5. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)