Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Frail
2. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are in a seedy argument
(b) they are infatuated with each other
(c) they make each other laugh
(d) they are infuriated with each other
3. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
(a) that Ben is promised to Miss Prue
(b) that Miss Prue has been seduced
(c) that Mrs. Frail is still single
(d) that Valentine has disgraced the family
4. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(c) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
(d) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
5. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
(a) Sir Sampson
6. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
(b) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
(c) she leaves the room in disgust
(d) she flirts with him
7. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(a) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Foresight
8. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
(a) to get Mr. Foresight to see the nurse who he loves
(b) to get Mr. Foresight to the medicine he needs
(c) to get Mr. Foresight into his own bed
(d) to get Mr. Foresight to lie down on the couch
9. What characteristic does Mrs. Frail possess that emboldens her to rescue Benjamin from Miss Prue?
10. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that selfishness is good for business
(b) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(c) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(d) that eagerness restores reputation
11. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
(a) she ignores Valentine
(b) she pretends she loves someone else
(c) she pretends to love Valentine even more
(d) she pretends to act like Valentine is still mad
12. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
(a) she is in love with Scandal
(b) she is in love with Valetine
(c) she wants to return to the country
(d) she is in love with Tattle
13. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to pay Valentine's debts for him
(b) to be married
(c) to have Valentine sign the papers
(d) to ask him how to woo Scandal
14. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
(a) Valentine will need to earn money to win her love
(b) she will consider him as a husband
(c) no romantic feelings are returned
(d) she is in love with him
15. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(c) Mr. Tattle
(d) Sir Sampson
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
2. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
3. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
4. Which characters interrupt Valentine, Angelica, and Scandal as they are walking in conversation?
5. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)