|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) romantic feelings
(b) angry feelings
(c) hunger pangs
(d) hopeful feelings
2. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
(a) a state of relief
(b) a state of despair
(c) a state of grief
(d) a state of concern
3. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she had no interest in Ben
(b) she is in love with Tuttle
(c) she already has a lover
(d) she can't wait to marry Ben
4. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) marry Angelica
(b) set out to sea as soon as possible
(c) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(d) find her a suitable husband
5. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
(a) to live in London
(b) to profit from Sir Sampson
(c) to succeed at love
(d) to obtain money
6. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
(b) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Frail and a servant
7. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(b) cordial manners
8. How best describes the present father and son relationship between Valentine and Sir Sampson?
9. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
10. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) favorite son
(b) prodigal son
(c) difficult son
(d) proud son
11. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a doctor's life
(b) a merchant's life
(c) a sailor's life
(d) a businessman's life
12. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(b) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
(c) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(d) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
13. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(b) Angelica quickly informs the others
(c) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(d) Angelica does not believe him
14. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's distain for his father
(b) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(c) Angelica's love for Valentine
(d) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
15. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
(a) that Valentine has disgraced the family
(b) that Mrs. Frail is still single
(c) that Miss Prue has been seduced
(d) that Ben is promised to Miss Prue
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine continue to do even as Scandal, Foresight, and Jeremy return to witness Mrs. Frail pretending to be Angelica?
2. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
3. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
4. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
5. What news does the servant deliver to Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)