|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
(b) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
(c) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
(d) Valentine does not love her anymore
2. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so the lawyer will leave the premise
(b) so the doctor will come to see him
(c) so he does not have to sign the papers
(d) so his father will understand his stress level
3. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) the real Angelica
(d) the nurse
4. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is pleased
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is irrate
(d) he is not suprised
5. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
(a) Mr. Foresight has become unfriendly and unkind
(b) Mr. Foresight has grown nose hair
(c) Mr. Foresight has lost his money
(d) Mr. Foresight has lost all interest in her as a woman
6. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
7. How does Mrs. Foresight feel after hearing Scandal's decree?
(a) secretly pleased
(c) wildly upset
8. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(b) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(c) Valentine's distain for his father
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
9. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) difficult son
(b) favorite son
(c) prodigal son
(d) proud son
10. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
(a) to disinherit him
(b) to have Valentine marry
(c) to send Valentine to debters prison
(d) to move away from him
11. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) the nurse
(d) Miss Prue
12. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
13. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
(a) trap doors
(d) stage whispers
14. How best describes the present father and son relationship between Valentine and Sir Sampson?
15. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) their problems resolved
(b) Valentine's reputation restored
(c) returned love and respect
(d) his money back
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Prue's rejection of Ben ignite?
2. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
3. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
4. How does Angelica respond to Valentine's revelation?
5. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)