|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) their problems resolved
(b) his money back
(c) Valentine's reputation restored
(d) returned love and respect
2. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) her bedroom
(b) the balconey
(c) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(d) the dining room
3. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
4. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a begger
(b) a man
(c) a poet
(d) a scholar
5. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she flirts with him
(b) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
(c) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
(d) she leaves the room in disgust
6. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so his father will understand his stress level
(b) so he does not have to sign the papers
(c) so the doctor will come to see him
(d) so the lawyer will leave the premise
7. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
8. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she had no interest in Ben
(b) she can't wait to marry Ben
(c) she already has a lover
(d) she is in love with Tuttle
9. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(b) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(d) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
10. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) favorite son
(b) proud son
(c) prodigal son
(d) difficult son
11. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
12. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Frail
13. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) he does not want confrontation
(b) Sir Sampson asked him to
(c) Scandal suggested he take leave
(d) Ben does not like company upon arrival
14. What does Valentine never return to his father?
15. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
(b) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
(c) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
(d) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
2. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
3. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
4. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
5. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)