|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(b) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(c) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(d) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
(a) Valentine will need to earn money to win her love
(b) she will consider him as a husband
(c) she is in love with him
(d) no romantic feelings are returned
3. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(a) Sir Sampson
4. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's distain for his father
(b) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(c) Angelica's love for Valentine
(d) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
5. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(b) Sir Sampson asked him to
(c) Scandal suggested he take leave
(d) he does not want confrontation
6. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(b) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(c) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
(d) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
7. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) favorite son
(b) difficult son
(c) proud son
(d) prodigal son
8. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) their problems resolved
(b) his money back
(c) Valentine's reputation restored
(d) returned love and respect
9. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
(c) Sir Sampson
10. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(b) find her a suitable husband
(c) marry Angelica
(d) set out to sea as soon as possible
11. What does Valentine never return to his father?
12. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
(b) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
(c) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
(d) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
13. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is pleased
(b) he is irrate
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is depressed
14. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are infuriated with each other
(b) they are in a seedy argument
(c) they are infatuated with each other
(d) they make each other laugh
15. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she is in love with Tuttle
(b) she can't wait to marry Ben
(c) she had no interest in Ben
(d) she already has a lover
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
2. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
3. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
4. Who exits Miss Prue's bed chamber just as Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal enter the stage?
5. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)