|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
(a) that Miss Prue has been seduced
(b) that Ben is promised to Miss Prue
(c) that Valentine has disgraced the family
(d) that Mrs. Frail is still single
2. What does Valentine never return to his father?
3. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
(a) seek to find Angelica
(b) seduce Miss Prue
(c) seduce Mrs. Foresight
(d) leaves the room
4. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are infuriated with each other
(b) they are in a seedy argument
(c) they make each other laugh
(d) they are infatuated with each other
5. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
6. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) the balconey
(b) the dining room
(c) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(d) her bedroom
7. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
(a) to the garden
(b) to a bedroom
(c) to a parlor
(d) to the kitchen
8. What characteristic could Valentine possibily show to change the dynamic in his relationship with his father?
(b) cordial manners
9. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
(a) to get Mr. Foresight to lie down on the couch
(b) to get Mr. Foresight into his own bed
(c) to get Mr. Foresight to see the nurse who he loves
(d) to get Mr. Foresight to the medicine he needs
10. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
11. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to be married
(b) to have Valentine sign the papers
(c) to ask him how to woo Scandal
(d) to pay Valentine's debts for him
12. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
(a) a nurse
13. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(a) Miss Prue
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
14. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valentine does not love her anymore
(b) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
(c) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
(d) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
15. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
(a) she is in love with Valentine
(b) she wants to marry
(c) she is no longer interseted in him
(d) she wants to have his child
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
2. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
3. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
4. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
5. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)