|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica does not believe him
(b) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(c) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(d) Angelica quickly informs the others
2. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she can't wait to marry Ben
(b) she already has a lover
(c) she is in love with Tuttle
(d) she had no interest in Ben
3. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
(a) Valentine has agreed to sign the deed
(b) Valentine will return to the city
(c) Valentine will marry Angelica
(d) Valentine has lost his mind
4. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) find her a suitable husband
(b) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(c) marry Angelica
(d) set out to sea as soon as possible
5. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
(c) Sir Sampson
6. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Tattle
7. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(c) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
8. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
9. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
(a) to get Mr. Foresight to lie down on the couch
(b) to get Mr. Foresight into his own bed
(c) to get Mr. Foresight to see the nurse who he loves
(d) to get Mr. Foresight to the medicine he needs
10. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(a) a couple of months
(b) a few years
(c) ten years
11. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
(a) to obtain money
(b) to succeed at love
(c) to profit from Sir Sampson
(d) to live in London
12. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
(a) she wants to have his child
(b) she wants to marry
(c) she is in love with Valentine
(d) she is no longer interseted in him
13. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
(a) Valentine does not love her anymore
(b) Valetnine has taken a job in London to repay his debts
(c) Valentine has taken leave of his senses
(d) Valentine is ashamed and depressed
14. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is irrate
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is pleased
15. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(d) Mr. Foresight
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
3. What does Sir Sampson want to do to Valentine because of all his misfortune?
4. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
5. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)