Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to leave immediately after Valentine plays the part of the madman for full effect?
2. What news does Angelica break to Valentine as they are walking in conversation?
(a) she will consider him as a husband
(b) Valentine will need to earn money to win her love
(c) no romantic feelings are returned
(d) she is in love with him
3. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a merchant's life
(b) a businessman's life
(c) a sailor's life
(d) a doctor's life
4. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
5. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) he does not want confrontation
(b) Sir Sampson asked him to
(c) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(d) Scandal suggested he take leave
6. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to have Valentine sign the papers
(b) to pay Valentine's debts for him
(c) to be married
(d) to ask him how to woo Scandal
7. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
(a) she turns her attention to Mr. Foresight
(b) she leaves the room in disgust
(c) she has conventiently forgotten their previous encounter
(d) she flirts with him
8. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
(a) that one receives in exchange something of equal to that which is given
(b) to treat neighbors with as much respect as youself
(c) that selfishness is good for business
(d) that eagerness restores reputation
9. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so his father will understand his stress level
(b) so the doctor will come to see him
(c) so the lawyer will leave the premise
(d) so he does not have to sign the papers
10. Who is the most delighted character to welcome Ben back from the sea?
(a) Mr. Foresight
(b) Sir Sampson
11. Where does Mrs. Frail take Ben after the heated argument with Miss Prue?
(a) her bedroom
(b) the balconey
(c) Mrs. Foresights rooms
(d) the dining room
12. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
13. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(c) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(d) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
14. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) the nurse
(d) Sir Sampson
15. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) Mr. Tattle
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
2. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
3. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
4. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
5. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)