|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character has Mrs. Foresight conceived a trick with that involves Mrs. Frail?
(b) Sir Sampson
2. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
(a) bemoan and lament Valentine's destiny
(b) flirt with her about their intimate encounter the night before
(c) flirt with her so Sir Sampson can see
(d) flirt in front of Mr. Foresight to embarass her
3. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(b) Mr. Foresight
4. Where does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue after the heated argument with Ben?
(a) to the garden
(b) to a parlor
(c) to the kitchen
(d) to a bedroom
5. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
(a) she wants to return to the country
(b) she is in love with Valetine
(c) she is in love with Scandal
(d) she is in love with Tattle
6. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
(a) so Miss Prue can be alone to cry
(b) so Sir Sampson will see that the young people are at odds with each other
(c) so Sir Sampson will see that Valentine needs more money to settle disputes
(d) so Sir Sampson will see Miss Prue loves Tattle
7. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(b) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(c) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
(d) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
8. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(b) Angelica's love for Valentine
(c) Valentine's distain for his father
(d) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
9. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they are in a seedy argument
(b) they make each other laugh
(c) they are infatuated with each other
(d) they are infuriated with each other
10. How best describes the present father and son relationship between Valentine and Sir Sampson?
11. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
(a) Mr. Foresight has lost his money
(b) Mr. Foresight has grown nose hair
(c) Mr. Foresight has lost all interest in her as a woman
(d) Mr. Foresight has become unfriendly and unkind
12. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) Sir Sampson asked him to
(b) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(c) he does not want confrontation
(d) Scandal suggested he take leave
13. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
14. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(b) Angelica quickly informs the others
(c) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(d) Angelica does not believe him
15. What does Valentine never return to his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
2. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
3. What is the best descriptor for the character of Angelica during Act 4?
4. Who bangs on Miss Prue's bedroom door?
5. What does Sir Sampson believe above all else?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)