|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a man
(b) a poet
(c) a begger
(d) a scholar
2. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(b) Valentine's distain for his father
(c) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
3. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(d) Mr. Foresight
4. Why does Valentine want to leave the room before Ben arrives?
(a) Ben does not like company upon arrival
(b) Sir Sampson asked him to
(c) Scandal suggested he take leave
(d) he does not want confrontation
5. Who arrives shortly after Scandal tries to engage Mrs. Foresight in flirting?
(d) Sir Sampson
6. What stage effects add to the character being played out by Valentine?
(c) stage whispers
(d) trap doors
7. How best describes the present father and son relationship between Valentine and Sir Sampson?
8. What does Valentine never return to his father?
9. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(c) Mr. Tattle
(d) Sir Sampson
10. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Frail
11. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
(a) Sir Sampson
12. What are Mrs. Frail's intentions as she is sent to Valentine?
(a) to have Valentine sign the papers
(b) to ask him how to woo Scandal
(c) to be married
(d) to pay Valentine's debts for him
13. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) returned love and respect
(b) their problems resolved
(c) his money back
(d) Valentine's reputation restored
14. What does Mrs. Frail wish Benjamin would do instead of be with her?
(a) find her a suitable husband
(b) befriend his brother, Valentine, again
(c) set out to sea as soon as possible
(d) marry Angelica
15. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(a) a few years
(c) a couple of months
(d) ten years
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
2. What does Jeremy inform Angelica of when she arrives at Valentine's home?
3. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
4. Why does Mrs. Foresight take Miss Prue away in front of Sir Sampson?
5. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)