|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica does not believe him
(b) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(c) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(d) Angelica quickly informs the others
2. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
(a) Valentine's home
(c) the country
(d) Sir Sampson's home
3. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
(a) they make each other laugh
(b) they are infuriated with each other
(c) they are infatuated with each other
(d) they are in a seedy argument
4. What kind of life does Ben lead?
(a) a sailor's life
(b) a merchant's life
(c) a businessman's life
(d) a doctor's life
5. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is not suprised
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is irrate
(d) he is pleased
6. How would Valentine's state of mind affect the legal documents?
(a) Valentine's state of mind would invalidate the documents
(b) Valentine's state of mind would have no affect on the documents
(c) Valentine' s state of mind would require another lawyer for negotiations
(d) Valentine's state of mind would call for more paperwork to be drafted
7. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(b) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(c) Valentine's distain for his father
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
8. In a conversation with Ben, what does Mrs. Frail make clear?
(a) she is in love with Valentine
(b) she is no longer interseted in him
(c) she wants to have his child
(d) she wants to marry
9. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
(a) a state of despair
(b) a state of relief
(c) a state of concern
(d) a state of grief
10. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) Mr. Foresight
11. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a begger
(b) a poet
(c) a man
(d) a scholar
12. What do all the character essentially want in Act 4?
(a) to obtain money
(b) to profit from Sir Sampson
(c) to succeed at love
(d) to live in London
13. How does Mrs. Frail feel upon hearing the news that Miss Prue is not interested in Ben?
14. What does Valentine reveal to Angelica?
(a) the papers and what they say
(b) his love for her
(c) the lies he has told
(d) the details of the trick he's pulling
15. What word best describes the potential pairing of Miss Prue and Benjamin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss Prue reject all overtures from Ben?
2. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
3. The actions of the characters in Act 4 can best be described as:
4. What does Scandal try to do when at last in the company of Mrs. Foresight?
5. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)