|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is pleased
(b) he is not suprised
(c) he is depressed
(d) he is irrate
2. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) returned love and respect
(b) Valentine's reputation restored
(c) his money back
(d) their problems resolved
3. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
(b) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
(c) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(d) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
4. What kind of feelings in all the cast members is subdued in the light of day?
(a) angry feelings
(b) hopeful feelings
(c) hunger pangs
(d) romantic feelings
5. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Tattle
6. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
(a) Miss Prue
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Foresight
7. How long has it been since Sir Sampson has seen his son, Ben?
(a) ten years
(c) a couple of months
(d) a few years
8. Who does Valentine tell Jeremy he needs to be alone with in the room?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) the real Angelica
9. Which character does Sir Sampson favor in affection?
(b) Mr. Foresight
10. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
(b) Mr. Foresight
(d) Sir Sampson
11. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) favorite son
(b) prodigal son
(c) difficult son
(d) proud son
12. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Miss Prue
13. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(b) Valentine's distain for his father
(c) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
14. What are Scandal and Jeremy preparing Valentine to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a man
(c) a begger
(d) a scholar
15. In what mental state does Sir Sampson leave his son Valentine's home?
(a) a state of despair
(b) a state of concern
(c) a state of grief
(d) a state of relief
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Foresight respond to Scandal's shameless flirting?
2. Who does Mrs. Foresight declare her intentions for?
3. What kind of life does Ben lead?
4. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
5. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)