|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Foresight leaves, what does Scandal continue to do?
(a) leaves the room
(b) seduce Miss Prue
(c) seduce Mrs. Foresight
(d) seek to find Angelica
2. Which two characters enter the room in the middle of a heated argument between Ben and Miss Prue?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Valentine
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Frail and a servant
(d) Angelica and Mrs. Foresight
3. Where does the setting take place in Act 2?
(a) Sir Sampson's home
(b) Valentine's home
(c) the country
4. How does Angelica respond to Jeremy's news of the state of Valentine?
(a) Angelica fakes tremendous concern
(b) Angelica leaves the premise because she is so upset
(c) Angelica does not believe him
(d) Angelica quickly informs the others
5. Why is Valentine continuing on with his charade?
(a) so his father will understand his stress level
(b) so the lawyer will leave the premise
(c) so the doctor will come to see him
(d) so he does not have to sign the papers
6. How best describes the father and son relationship between Ben and Sir Sampson?
(a) proud son
(b) difficult son
(c) prodigal son
(d) favorite son
7. Which character does Mrs. Frail disguise herself as?
(b) Miss Prue
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Foresight
8. Who enters the room with Mr. Tattle?
(a) the real Angelica
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Sir Sampson
9. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mr. Tattle
10. What are Angelica, Valentine and Scandal discussing as they come across Miss Prue exiting the bed chamber?
(a) Valentine's distain for his father
(b) Valentine's loyalty towards his brother, Ben
(c) the nature of Valentine's love for Angelica
(d) Angelica's love for Valentine
11. What information does Miss Prue confide in Mrs. Frail?
(a) she can't wait to marry Ben
(b) she already has a lover
(c) she is in love with Tuttle
(d) she had no interest in Ben
12. Who is Scandal infatuated with?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
13. What news does Sir Sampson and Scandal tell to Mr. and Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail upon arrival?
(a) Valentine has agreed to sign the deed
(b) Valentine will return to the city
(c) Valentine will marry Angelica
(d) Valentine has lost his mind
14. Who is arriving to Valentine's home for the signing of the legal papers?
(a) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Tattle
15. What is the name of the lawyer who arrives with Sir Sampson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valentine never return to his father?
2. Why does Mrs. Foresight try to convince her husband that he does not look well?
3. What type of comedy is most on display in Act 4?
4. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
5. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)