|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine's father hope will happen once the debts are paid?
(a) Valentine's honor will be restored
(b) Valentine will win the affections of Angelica
(c) Valentine will become a better father
(d) Valentine will be able to publish his poetry
2. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
3. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) Mr. Tattle
4. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
5. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
(a) because of his inheritance
(b) because of his kind demeanour
(c) because of his ravishing good looks
(d) because of his kindness
6. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(b) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(c) to collect money for laundry services
(d) to collect money for sleeping medications
7. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) new clothes
(b) a new servant
(c) a bigger carriage
(d) more money
8. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(a) Scandal's lover
(b) the nurse
9. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) take a job
(b) relinquish his inheritance
(c) become a novelist
(d) publish his poetry
10. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(b) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(c) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(d) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
11. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
12. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Foresight
(d) Mr. Tattle
13. In which city does Valentine live?
14. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because his is closer to the house
(b) because hers is broken down
(c) because hers has a flat tire
(d) because she has too much luggage
15. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
(b) multiple times before
(c) twice before
(d) once before
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
2. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
3. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
4. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
5. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)