|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a journalist
(c) an essayist
(d) a novelist
2. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
(a) for the overbearing tone in her voice
(b) for her overweight frame
(c) for her poor choice in wardrobe
(d) for her indiscriminate behavior in public
3. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
4. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) a new servant
(b) new clothes
(c) a bigger carriage
(d) more money
5. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) the nurse
6. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
7. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(b) Scandal's lover
(c) the nurse
8. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) relinquish his inheritance
(b) publish his poetry
(c) become a novelist
(d) take a job
9. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
10. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Miss Prue
11. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) getting him into debt
(b) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(c) bringing him into the world
(d) causing his emotional grief
12. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
13. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) an educational expert
(b) a legal expert
(c) an astrological expert
(d) a medical expert
14. What has Valentine done with all his money?
(a) squandered it on women and entertainment
(b) purchased real estate
(c) bought a bride
(d) doubled it in a game of chance
15. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
2. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
3. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
4. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
5. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)