|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for laundry services
(b) to collect money for sleeping medications
(c) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
2. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) an essayist
(b) a novelist
(c) a journalist
(d) a poet
3. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
(b) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(c) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(d) gives the property and family power to Valentine
4. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
(b) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(c) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
(d) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
5. How does Scandal thwart persistent attempts by Trapland to collect his money?
(a) Scandal tells Trapland the money has already been paid
(b) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrepectful of Valentine's new poetic career
(c) Scandal tells Trapland he is insulting Valentine's hospitality
(d) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrespectful of their time
6. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) Mrs. Frail's mother
(c) a new lover for Valentine
(d) Miss Prue
7. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(c) a home
8. What does Tattle do incessantly?
9. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(d) Mrs. Frail
10. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
(c) time consuming
11. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her reputation is ruined
(b) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(c) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(d) make sure Valentine remains poor
12. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) take a job
(b) publish his poetry
(c) relinquish his inheritance
(d) become a novelist
13. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for support
(b) to cure her depression
(c) for love
(d) for children
14. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
(c) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(d) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
15. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Frail
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
2. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
3. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
4. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
5. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)