|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
(a) in the city
(b) in the garden
(c) at sea
(d) at a party
2. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
(b) because Angelica threatened him
(c) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(d) because Angelica is know to become violent
3. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(c) the nurse
(d) Scandal's lover
4. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) The nurse
(c) Valenine's former lover in the city
5. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives the property and family power to Valentine
(b) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
(c) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(d) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
6. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(b) getting him into debt
(c) causing his emotional grief
(d) bringing him into the world
7. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the gardens
(b) on a shopping excursion
(c) to the docks
(d) on a walking tour
8. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(b) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(c) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(d) she doesn't and stops talking with her
9. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(a) Sir Sampson
(b) Mr. Tattle
(c) Mr. Foresight
10. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
11. What has Valentine done with all his money?
(a) purchased real estate
(b) squandered it on women and entertainment
(c) bought a bride
(d) doubled it in a game of chance
12. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
(a) because he has returned from sea
(b) because of his strength of character
(c) because of his inheritance
(d) because he is a promising good looks
13. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because his is closer to the house
(b) because hers has a flat tire
(c) because hers is broken down
(d) because she has too much luggage
14. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
15. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
2. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
3. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
4. What does Tattle do incessantly?
5. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)