|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(b) make sure Valentine remains poor
(c) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(d) make sure her reputation is ruined
2. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a novelist
(b) an essayist
(c) a poet
(d) a journalist
3. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(b) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(c) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(d) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
5. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
(b) Trapland drafts a legal document
(c) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(d) Trapland leaves
6. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
(a) to be wealthy
(b) to be smart
(c) to be young
(d) to be married
7. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(b) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(c) to collect money for sleeping medications
(d) to collect money for laundry services
8. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
(b) multiple times before
(c) twice before
(d) once before
9. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(b) Mrs. Frail
10. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
(a) for her overweight frame
(b) for her indiscriminate behavior in public
(c) for her poor choice in wardrobe
(d) for the overbearing tone in her voice
11. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
12. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(b) a new lover for Valentine
(c) Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Frail's mother
13. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) bringing him into the world
(b) getting him into debt
(c) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(d) causing his emotional grief
14. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
(a) Scandal is in dire financial straights
(b) Valentine's father is suffering from ill health
(c) Benjamin has returned from sea
(d) Trapland has filed a formal accusation against Valentine
15. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
(c) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(d) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
2. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
3. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
4. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
5. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)