|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(b) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(c) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
(d) brought Valentine and his father closer together
2. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
(c) time consuming
3. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(b) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(c) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(d) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
4. Who is Valentine's best friend?
(d) Mrs. Frail
5. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
(a) Valentine's father is suffering from ill health
(b) Trapland has filed a formal accusation against Valentine
(c) Benjamin has returned from sea
(d) Scandal is in dire financial straights
6. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica threatened him
(b) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(c) because Angelica is know to become violent
(d) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
7. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
8. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to work for his father
(b) to pay his debts
(c) to marry Angelica
(d) to write
9. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(b) Scandal's lover
(d) the nurse
10. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(d) the country
11. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
12. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the gardens
(b) to the docks
(c) on a walking tour
(d) on a shopping excursion
13. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a poet
(b) a journalist
(c) an essayist
(d) a novelist
14. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
(a) because it is to taxing on her health
(b) because the weather might turn
(c) because it is dangerous
(d) because it could ruin her reputation
15. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
2. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
3. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
4. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
5. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)