|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) an educational expert
(b) a legal expert
(c) an astrological expert
(d) a medical expert
2. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(b) the country
3. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for sleeping medications
(b) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(c) to collect money for laundry services
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
4. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
(a) because it is dangerous
(b) because it could ruin her reputation
(c) because it is to taxing on her health
(d) because the weather might turn
5. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
6. What does Tattle do incessantly?
7. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(c) Mr. Foresight
8. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
9. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(c) the nurse
(d) Scandal's lover
10. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
(c) out of touch
11. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) getting him into debt
(b) bringing him into the world
(c) causing his emotional grief
(d) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
12. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
(a) because of his kind demeanour
(b) because of his ravishing good looks
(c) because of his inheritance
(d) because of his kindness
13. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for children
(b) for love
(c) for support
(d) to cure her depression
14. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(a) a home
15. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(c) the nurse
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
2. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
3. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
4. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
5. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)