|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) causing his emotional grief
(b) bringing him into the world
(c) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(d) getting him into debt
2. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for love
(b) to cure her depression
(c) for support
(d) for children
3. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(b) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(c) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(d) she doesn't and chastises her instead
4. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
(c) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
5. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Frail
6. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
7. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
(a) deed of consideration
(b) deed of ownership
(c) deed to the property
(d) deed of conveyance
8. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the docks
(b) to the gardens
(c) on a shopping excursion
(d) on a walking tour
9. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
10. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
(a) in the garden
(b) at a party
(c) at sea
(d) in the city
11. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
(a) ten thousand pounds
(b) four thousand pounds
(c) five thousand pounds
(d) three thousand pounds
12. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
(a) because the weather might turn
(b) because it is dangerous
(c) because it is to taxing on her health
(d) because it could ruin her reputation
13. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
14. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
15. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
(c) out of touch
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
2. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
3. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
4. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
5. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)