|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
2. What is Valentine's sole goal?
(a) to pay his debts
(b) to marry Angelica
(c) to write
(d) to work for his father
3. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
(a) she is her neighbor
(b) she is her friend
(c) she is her cousin
(d) she is her stepdaughter
4. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the docks
(b) on a walking tour
(c) to the gardens
(d) on a shopping excursion
5. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) getting him into debt
(b) causing his emotional grief
(c) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(d) bringing him into the world
6. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
(a) because of his strength of character
(b) because of his inheritance
(c) because he has returned from sea
(d) because he is a promising good looks
7. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
(a) once before
(b) twice before
(d) multiple times before
8. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) a new lover for Valentine
(b) Miss Prue
(d) Mrs. Frail's mother
9. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(b) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
(c) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
(d) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
10. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(b) to collect money for sleeping medications
(c) to collect money for laundry services
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
11. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
(a) deed of ownership
(b) deed of consideration
(c) deed to the property
(d) deed of conveyance
12. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
13. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(d) his father
14. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(a) the nurse
(b) Mrs. Frail
15. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
2. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
3. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
4. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
5. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)