|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
2. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the docks
(b) on a walking tour
(c) to the gardens
(d) on a shopping excursion
3. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
4. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
5. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
6. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) Mrs. Frail's mother
(b) a new lover for Valentine
(c) Miss Prue
7. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for sleeping medications
(b) to collect money for laundry services
(c) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(d) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
8. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
(a) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
9. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
10. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(b) Mr. Foresight
(d) Sir Sampson
11. What does Valentine's father hope will happen once the debts are paid?
(a) Valentine will become a better father
(b) Valentine will be able to publish his poetry
(c) Valentine's honor will be restored
(d) Valentine will win the affections of Angelica
12. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(c) the country
13. What has Valentine done with all his money?
(a) squandered it on women and entertainment
(b) purchased real estate
(c) doubled it in a game of chance
(d) bought a bride
14. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
(a) Mr. Foresight
(b) Mr. Tattle
15. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
2. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
3. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
4. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
5. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)