|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(b) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
(c) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(d) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
2. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
3. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
4. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
5. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
6. How does Scandal thwart persistent attempts by Trapland to collect his money?
(a) Scandal tells Trapland the money has already been paid
(b) Scandal tells Trapland he is insulting Valentine's hospitality
(c) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrespectful of their time
(d) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrepectful of Valentine's new poetic career
7. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) a new lover for Valentine
(b) Mrs. Frail's mother
(c) Miss Prue
8. In which city does Valentine live?
9. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) publish his poetry
(b) relinquish his inheritance
(c) take a job
(d) become a novelist
10. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
11. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(b) the nurse
(d) Scandal's lover
12. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
13. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) getting him into debt
(b) causing his emotional grief
(c) bringing him into the world
(d) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
14. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(b) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) Mrs. Frail
15. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
2. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
3. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
4. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
5. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)