|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(b) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(c) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
(d) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
2. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
(a) in the garden
(b) at sea
(c) in the city
(d) at a party
3. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
(a) she is her stepdaughter
(b) she is her friend
(c) she is her neighbor
(d) she is her cousin
4. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(b) to collect money for laundry services
(c) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(d) to collect money for sleeping medications
5. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
6. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(b) bringing him into the world
(c) getting him into debt
(d) causing his emotional grief
7. How does Scandal thwart persistent attempts by Trapland to collect his money?
(a) Scandal tells Trapland the money has already been paid
(b) Scandal tells Trapland he is insulting Valentine's hospitality
(c) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrepectful of Valentine's new poetic career
(d) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrespectful of their time
8. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(b) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(c) make sure her reputation is ruined
(d) make sure Valentine remains poor
9. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(b) Mr. Tattle
(c) Sir Sampson
10. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(d) his father
11. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(b) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
(c) Trapland drafts a legal document
(d) Trapland leaves
12. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
13. Where is Valentine in danger of going if he does not devise a plan?
(a) back to work
(b) debtor's prison
(c) to court
(d) back to school
14. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Foresight
(d) Mr. Tattle
15. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because hers is broken down
(b) because his is closer to the house
(c) because hers has a flat tire
(d) because she has too much luggage
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
2. What is Valentine's sole goal?
3. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
4. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
5. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)