|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document does Sir Sampson arrive with in hand?
(a) deed to the property
(b) deed of conveyance
(c) deed of consideration
(d) deed of ownership
2. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
(b) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(c) make sure her reputation is ruined
(d) make sure Valentine remains poor
3. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(a) the country
4. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) a medical expert
(b) an educational expert
(c) an astrological expert
(d) a legal expert
5. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives the property and family power to Valentine
(b) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
(c) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(d) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
6. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland leaves
(b) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
(c) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(d) Trapland drafts a legal document
7. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because she has too much luggage
(b) because his is closer to the house
(c) because hers is broken down
(d) because hers has a flat tire
8. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for sleeping medications
(b) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(c) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(d) to collect money for laundry services
9. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
10. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) a new lover for Valentine
(b) Mrs. Frail's mother
(c) Miss Prue
11. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
(a) Mr. Foresight
(b) Sir Sampson
(c) Mr. Tattle
12. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
(b) multiple times before
(c) twice before
(d) once before
13. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(b) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Tattle
14. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(c) a home
15. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica is know to become violent
(b) because Angelica threatened him
(c) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(d) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
2. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
3. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
4. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
5. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)