|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
2. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she doesn't and stops talking with her
(b) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(c) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(d) she doesn't and chastises her instead
3. What does the deed that Sir Sampson arrives with insure?
(a) gives Valentine his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(b) gives Benjamin his inheritance and relinquishes liability
(c) gives the property and family power to Valentine
(d) gives the property and family power to Benjamin
4. Why does Mrs. Frail need to find a husband?
(a) for love
(b) for support
(c) for children
(d) to cure her depression
5. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because she has too much luggage
(b) because hers has a flat tire
(c) because hers is broken down
(d) because his is closer to the house
6. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
7. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
8. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(c) Mr. Foresight
9. Who does Mrs. Frail want to marry?
10. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) relinquish his inheritance
(b) become a novelist
(c) take a job
(d) publish his poetry
11. In which city does Valentine live?
12. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for laundry services
(b) to collect money for sleeping medications
(c) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(d) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
13. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
(a) Tattle's ever increasing waistline
(b) Tattle's stutter
(c) Tattle's inexperience with women
(d) Tattle's hygiene
14. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) more money
(b) a new servant
(c) a bigger carriage
(d) new clothes
15. What s the name of the creditor who is most adamant about being paid?
(a) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Frail
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Benjamin quickly becoming a wanted man among the community?
2. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
3. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
4. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
5. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)