|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because hers is broken down
(b) because she has too much luggage
(c) because hers has a flat tire
(d) because his is closer to the house
2. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
(b) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(c) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
(d) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
3. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(a) the nurse
(b) Scandal's lover
4. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica threatened him
(b) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
(c) because Angelica is know to become violent
(d) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
5. What is the best character description for Miss Prue?
6. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
7. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) a new lover for Valentine
(d) Mrs. Frail's mother
8. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
(a) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
9. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(b) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(c) to collect money for sleeping medications
(d) to collect money for laundry services
10. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
(a) because of his inheritance
(b) because of his kindness
(c) because of his kind demeanour
(d) because of his ravishing good looks
11. Where is Valentine in danger of going if he does not devise a plan?
(a) back to school
(b) to court
(c) debtor's prison
(d) back to work
12. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
(a) because Valentine is hatching a new plan
(b) because Benjamin arrives home tonight to settle the inheritance
(c) because Benjamin demanded the papers be put through
(d) because Valentine might reconsider
13. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(b) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
(c) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(d) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
14. What does Valentine's father hope will happen once the debts are paid?
(a) Valentine's honor will be restored
(b) Valentine will become a better father
(c) Valentine will be able to publish his poetry
(d) Valentine will win the affections of Angelica
15. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(b) causing his emotional grief
(c) bringing him into the world
(d) getting him into debt
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
2. In which city does Valentine live?
3. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
4. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
5. What is Valentine's sole goal?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)