|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
(a) more money
(b) a bigger carriage
(c) new clothes
(d) a new servant
2. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
(a) becoming a doctor
(b) becoming a lawyer
(c) becoming a writer
(d) becoming a teacher
3. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland drafts a legal document
(b) Trapland leaves
(c) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(d) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(b) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(c) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(d) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
5. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(a) Mr. Foresight
6. Which character do the older women want to be free of commitment?
(a) Mr. Tattle
(d) Mr. Foresight
7. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
(a) for her indiscriminate behavior in public
(b) for her poor choice in wardrobe
(c) for the overbearing tone in her voice
(d) for her overweight frame
8. In which city does Valentine live?
9. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
(a) the nurse
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
10. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
(a) he's given counterfit money
(b) he's given a heavy meal
(c) he's given several rounds of drink
(d) he's given a promissory note
11. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
(a) Mrs. Foresight
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) the nurse
12. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
(a) because of his kind demeanour
(b) because of his inheritance
(c) because of his kindness
(d) because of his ravishing good looks
13. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
(a) Benjamin has returned from sea
(b) Scandal is in dire financial straights
(c) Trapland has filed a formal accusation against Valentine
(d) Valentine's father is suffering from ill health
14. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
15. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
(a) because it could ruin her reputation
(b) because it is to taxing on her health
(c) because the weather might turn
(d) because it is dangerous
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Valentine's father made a similar offer of payment?
2. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
3. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
4. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
5. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)