|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Valentine ask to get more information about Angelica?
(a) Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight
(b) Mrs. Frail and Miss Prue
(c) Mrs. Foresight and Jeremy
(d) Jeremy and Mrs. Frail
2. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for laundry services
(b) to collect money for sleeping medications
(c) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
(d) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
3. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
(c) out of touch
4. What does Mrs. Frail associate most with marriage?
(c) a home
5. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Foresight
6. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(b) his father
7. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because hers is broken down
(b) because hers has a flat tire
(c) because she has too much luggage
(d) because his is closer to the house
8. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a journalist
(b) an essayist
(c) a poet
(d) a novelist
9. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
10. What do Valentine and Scandal poke fun at Tattle for?
(a) Tattle's ever increasing waistline
(b) Tattle's inexperience with women
(c) Tattle's hygiene
(d) Tattle's stutter
11. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
12. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(d) Mr. Foresight
13. What is the name of the character that is plotting to separate Benjamin and Miss Prue for her own gain?
(a) Mrs. Frail
(c) Mrs. Foresight
(d) the nurse
14. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
15. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(d) the country
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
2. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
3. Who does Miss Prue find herself attracted to?
4. What has Valentine done with all his money?
5. Who are the people that come knocking on Valentine's door and demand attention?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)