|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
(b) brought Valentine and his father closer together
(c) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(d) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
2. What does Mrs. Frail want most of all?
(a) to be married
(b) to be smart
(c) to be wealthy
(d) to be young
3. What is the name of the character who is ordered to stay and see Mrs. Frail and Mrs. Foresight in order to get information about Angelica?
4. Where does Miss Prue come from?
(b) the country
5. Why does Mrs. Frail want Benjamin all to herself?
(a) because of his kind demeanour
(b) because of his inheritance
(c) because of his kindness
(d) because of his ravishing good looks
6. What kind of family does Angelica come from?
7. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(a) the nurse
(b) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
8. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
(a) he needs his niece with him whie he speaks with Sir Sampson
(b) he does not approve of women riding in carriages alone
(c) he does not approve of where Angelica is going
(d) he wants Angelica to learn the layout of the property
9. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
10. Who is Benjamin Sampson promised to?
(a) Miss Prue
(c) Valenine's former lover in the city
(d) The nurse
11. What does Valentine blame his father for?
(a) weakening him with a woman like Angelica
(b) getting him into debt
(c) causing his emotional grief
(d) bringing him into the world
12. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
(a) because Angelica is know to become violent
(b) because Angelica threatened him
(c) because Angelica's fortune is hers alone
(d) because Angelica caught him with the nurse
13. How is Trapland dissuaded into forgetting about Valentine's debt?
(a) he's given counterfit money
(b) he's given a promissory note
(c) he's given several rounds of drink
(d) he's given a heavy meal
14. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
15. Who might Scandal come into contact with when on an excursion with Mrs. Frail?
(a) the nurse
(d) Scandal's lover
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Foresight believe that riding alone in a carriage is harmful for Angelica?
2. What kind of relationship do Mrs. Foresight and Mrs. Frail have together?
3. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
4. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
5. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)