|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best word to describe the character of Mrs. Frail?
2. What is the best character description for Mrs. Foresight?
(a) out of touch
3. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
(a) caused an irreconciliable fight between Valentine and his father
(b) caused Valentine's father to abandon his son
(c) allientated Valentine from his father's affection
(d) brought Valentine and his father closer together
4. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
(a) ten thousand pounds
(b) four thousand pounds
(c) three thousand pounds
(d) five thousand pounds
5. What is the name of Angelica's uncle?
6. Why does Mrs. Foresight chastise Mrs. Frail?
(a) for the overbearing tone in her voice
(b) for her poor choice in wardrobe
(c) for her overweight frame
(d) for her indiscriminate behavior in public
7. What is the name of the woman whom Valentine loves?
8. What is the relationship between Miss Prue and Mrs. Foresight
(a) she is her stepdaughter
(b) she is her cousin
(c) she is her friend
(d) she is her neighbor
9. Who does Mr. Tattle seduce?
(b) Miss Prue
(c) Mrs. Frail
(d) Mrs. Foresight
10. What word best describes the seduction of Miss Prue?
11. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
(a) a medical expert
(b) a legal expert
(c) an educational expert
(d) an astrological expert
12. What does Foresight swear he will do upon the quick retort from Angelica?
(a) make sure her family knows of her quick tongue
(b) make sure her reputation is ruined
(c) make sure Valentine remains poor
(d) make sure her carriage does not get fixed
13. What is the name of Valentine's servant?
14. Why does Angelica ask to use her uncle's carriage?
(a) because hers is broken down
(b) because hers has a flat tire
(c) because she has too much luggage
(d) because his is closer to the house
15. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) publish his poetry
(b) relinquish his inheritance
(c) become a novelist
(d) take a job
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
2. Why is Sir Sampson in a hurry to get the deed legalized?
3. Where does Miss Prue come from?
4. Who is Miss Prue engaged to?
5. Why does Foresight not punish Angelica for her quick retort?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)