|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
(c) Mr. Foresight
2. What will happen if Valentine signs the legal papers?
(a) Valentine can no longer marry Angelica
(b) Valentine will be penalized for his debts
(c) Valentine will lose all rights to any inheritance
(d) Benjamin will marry Mrs. Frail
3. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
(b) his father
4. What news does the servant deliver to Angelica, Valentine, and Scandal?
(a) Ben has arrived
(b) Sir Sampson is angry
(c) Mr. Tattle has disappeared
(d) Mr. Tattle has seduced Miss Prue
5. How does Sir Sampson respond to the news that Valentine has gone mad?
(a) he is pleased
(b) he is depressed
(c) he is not suprised
(d) he is irrate
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best word to describe the use of the names of the characters in the play?
2. Which character arrives to Valentine's house before Sir Sampson?
3. Why is Mrs. Foresight not interested in Mr. Foresight?
4. What kind of expert does Foresight imagine himself to be?
5. Which character tries to help Valentine out of his romantic debacle, but to no avail?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)