|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
(a) becoming a teacher
(b) becoming a writer
(c) becoming a lawyer
(d) becoming a doctor
2. What does Sir Sampson want most from his relationship with his son, Valentine?
(a) Valentine's reputation restored
(b) returned love and respect
(c) their problems resolved
(d) his money back
3. How does Mrs. Foresight support her sister's need to find a husband?
(a) she introduces Mrs. Frail to available men
(b) she doesn't and chastises her instead
(c) she helps Mrs. Frail become comfortable in social situations
(d) she doesn't and stops talking with her
4. Who would the two older women like to encourage Miss Prue to have a relationship with instead of Benjamin?
(c) Sir Sampson
(d) Mr. Tattle
5. What kind of writer does Valentine hope to become?
(a) a novelist
(b) a journalist
(c) a poet
(d) an essayist
Short Answer Questions
1. What news is Ben not pleased to hear from Sir Sampson?
2. Why does Foresight chastise Angelica over her carriage ride?
3. What does Valentine ask for upon greeting his father, Sir Sampson.
4. What has Valentine's irresponsible behavior done to his relationship with his father?
5. What is so obvious about Ben and Mrs Frail returning to the room together?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)