|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Trapland respond to Scandal's attempt to dissuade him?
(a) Trapland leaves
(b) Trapland drafts a legal document
(c) Trapland asks to speak with Valentine's father
(d) Trapland stays yet he is uninvited
2. Why has the nurse come knocking on Valentine's door?
(a) to collect money for sleeping medications
(b) to collect money for curing Valentine of a venereal disease
(c) to collect money for laundry services
(d) to collect money for the care of Valentine's illigitimate child
3. How does Scandal thwart persistent attempts by Trapland to collect his money?
(a) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrespectful of their time
(b) Scandal tells Trapland he is being disrepectful of Valentine's new poetic career
(c) Scandal tells Trapland the money has already been paid
(d) Scandal tells Trapland he is insulting Valentine's hospitality
4. Who is the true character Tattle is intimately involved with?
(b) Mrs. Frail
(c) the nurse
(d) Mrs. Foresight
5. Where does Scandal agree to accompany Mrs. Frail?
(a) to the docks
(b) on a shopping excursion
(c) to the gardens
(d) on a walking tour
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tattle do incessantly?
2. Which character serves as a calming, "voice of reason" for Valentine?
3. This characteristic best describes Valentine's children.
4. What is Valentine's sole goal?
5. Where is Valentine's brother, Benjamin, during their father's offer of payment?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)