|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Mrs. Frail announce when she arrives at Valentine's door?
(a) Scandal is in dire financial straights
(b) Valentine's father is suffering from ill health
(c) Trapland has filed a formal accusation against Valentine
(d) Benjamin has returned from sea
2. What will Valentine do to win the love of Angelica?
(a) become a novelist
(b) take a job
(c) publish his poetry
(d) relinquish his inheritance
3. What habit does Valentine have that Jeremy believes has no worthwhile purpose since it does not bring in an income?
4. How much money has Valentine's father offered him to sign over his inheritance to Benjamin?
(a) four thousand pounds
(b) three thousand pounds
(c) ten thousand pounds
(d) five thousand pounds
5. In addition to Benjamin, who is also arriving in the city?
(a) Miss Prue
(b) a new lover for Valentine
(d) Mrs. Frail's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character do Valentine and Scandal accuse Tattle of having intimate relations?
2. In which city does Valentine live?
3. What activity does Valentine recently enjoy?
4. What profession does Valentine hope to take on to earn a living?
5. What man does Valentine's father suggest he sign over his inheritance to for four thousand pounds?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)