Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Act 1 Abstract
* Valentine is conversing with his servant, Jeremy
* Valentine is the son of a wealthy man
* Jeremy and Valentine discuss Valentine's financial situation
* Valentine has squandered his money on women and entertainment
Act 2 Abstract
* Valentine is in self-imposed seclusion to avoid all debt collectors
* Valentine has taken to reading books
* Valentine considers the possibility of...
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)