|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jennifer's major?
2. How is Oliver driving on the road to his parents' house?
3. Who is attending her graduation?
4. How old is Jennifer when she dies?
5. What is Jenny's overall emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and under what circumstances does Oliver go to the Radcliffe library?
2. What does Jenny tell Oliver after they make love?
3. What does Oliver tell Jenny about his father?
4. How did Oliver get hurt in his game with Cornell?
5. Why does Oliver make certain Jenny has a program at the hockey game?
6. Who comes to Jenny's graduation from Radcliffe and what does Jenny not tell them and why?
7. Why does Oliver think Jenny knows who he is?
8. What does Jenny say to Oliver about Oliver's father and Oliver's reaction to his own family?
9. How does Oliver drive to take Jenny to meet his parents and why does he drive that way?
10. What does Oliver hear when he goes over to Jenny when he's picking her up and what does he say? How does she answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jenny's relationship with her father is clearly much closer than Oliver's with his father, and she clearly values her father more than Oliver does his.
1. Do you think the way Jenny was raised compared to Oliver's childhood will cause problems in their relationship? Why or why not?
2. Is your relationship with your father or mother similar to Jenny's or Oliver's? Why?
3. Do you think that Oliver's father expects too much from his son? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Oliver refuses to tell his father the truth and allows him to believe he got some girl in trouble.
1. Why do you think it is easier for Oliver to let his father think something bad of him then to tell him the truth?
2. Do you think Oliver should have told his father the truth? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jenny and Oliver are like oil and vinegar in their first meeting together.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. If you were in Oliver's situation would you just forget about Jenny or pursue her? Or if you were Jenny would you go for coffee with Oliver? (Answer depending upon your preference for a date). Explain why.
3. Have you ever met someone you didn't like when you first met them but later with whom you became good friends? Explain the circumstance and the similarities between it and Jenny and Oliver's meeting.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)