|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a short while, what does Oliver decide he would like?
(a) A child.
(b) A weekend home in the Poconos.
(c) A puppy.
(d) More vacation time.
2. How does Oliver respond?
(a) He is willing to join with her if they can go to the South Pacific.
(b) He really wants to stay in law school
(c) Refuses to attend sports events in case he would encounter his father.
(d) His tries to call his father at Jenny's insistence.
3. What does Phil do when he learns of Jenny's illness?
(a) Flys to South America to find a cure about which he has read.
(b) Moves into the apartment with Oliver and takes care of Oliver and visits Jenny.
(c) Becomes so despondent that he cannot visit right away.
(d) Goes into a rage of denial and hangs up on Oliver.
4. How does Oliver acknowledge the gift of the money?
(a) He writes him an IOU.
(b) He has his lawyer draft a loan form and signs it.
(c) He does not get any money from his father.
(d) He thanks his father.
5. What is the invitation that Jenny and Oliver receive?
(a) Phil's wedding.
(b) To Harvard Law Review party.
(c) Oliver Barrett, III's 60th birthday.
(d) Oliver's best friend's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could the firm be described where Oliver is to work?
2. What does Oliver tell his father the reason is for needing the money?
3. What does Oliver's father assume about why Oliver needs money?
4. What is the result of his ranking?
5. What is Oliver's ranking at graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oliver do after Jenny dies?
2. What kind of place do Jenny and Oliver rent when they return to Cambridge?
3. How difficult is it for Oliver to keep the truth from Jenny and his boss?
4. What does Jenny tell Oliver and what does she request of him?
5. When Oliver checks on Jenny one night after dinner what does she tell him and what does he do?
6. Who does Oliver tell about Jenny's illness and what does he do?
7. What does Oliver say and do when his father tells him he's sorry?
8. Why does Oliver go to see his father?
9. What does Oliver decide shortly after they move to New York and how does Jenny feel about it?
10. What does Oliver tell his father about his request?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)