|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jenny feel about what Oliver wants?
(a) Very enthusiastic from the moment Oliver mentions it.
(b) Skeptical at first, but she comes around.
(c) Adamantly against it.
(d) Angry at the idea.
2. Where do Jenny and Oliver work?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Harvard library.
(c) The Smithsonian.
(d) A boat club.
3. What is Oliver's standing in law school and what does it mean?
(a) He is solidly in the middle, which means he is not eligible for any scholarship money.
(b) He is near the bottom, which means he must re-take two classes.
(c) He is third, which means he has a position on the Law Review.
(d) He is first, which means he can skip some unimportant classes in the Fall.
4. How does Oliver satisfy both of their curiosity?
(a) He learns he nudged out two women for the top position.
(b) He finds out that a computer glitch misplaced him in the ranking.
(c) He learns who is ahead of him.
(d) He makes up names of people ahead of him.
5. How could the firm be described where Oliver is to work?
(a) Very oriented towards money-making cases.
(b) Prestigious and civil liberties-oriented.
(c) An emphasis on corporate law.
(d) Ambulance chasers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Oliver excited?
2. What is Oliver's ranking at graduation?
3. What does Oliver tell his father the reason is for needing the money?
4. With whom does the fertility problem rest?
5. Where do Oliver and Jenny decide they want to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How difficult is it for Oliver to keep the truth from Jenny and his boss?
2. What does Jenny insist on doing at home and what is the one compromise she allows?
3. What kind of law firm does Oliver take a job with and where is it located?
4. What does Oliver do after Jenny leaves the apartment when he threw the phone across the room?
5. What kind of place do Jenny and Oliver rent when they return to Cambridge?
6. What did Oliver do in his second year of law school?
7. What does Oliver decide shortly after they move to New York and how does Jenny feel about it?
8. Why does the doctor call Oliver into the office and what does he tell Oliver?
9. What does Oliver do after Jenny dies?
10. What does Jenny tell Oliver and what does she request of him?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)