|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Oliver get from his father?
(b) His father gives Oliver his entire inheritance.
(c) He asks for 20,000, but gets only 15,000.
(d) He does not get any money from his dad because he is estranged from him.
2. What explanation does Oliver give his boss about his situation at home?
(a) He tells him the complete truth and breaks down crying.
(c) He tells him that Jenny is having an affair.
(d) He tells him a partial truth.
3. What is Jenny's problem?
(a) She has an incurable type of leukemia.
(b) She has endometriosus.
(c) She is trying too hard.
(d) Her eggs do not descend.
4. Where do Jenny and Oliver work?
(a) The Smithsonian.
(b) Harvard library.
(c) A boat club.
(d) Ellis Island.
5. What does Oliver do during that next year?
(a) Works at a pizza place and goes to school.
(b) Works hard and edits and writes law articles.
(c) Joins the Harvard crew team.
(d) Reconciles finally with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver do about work?
2. Who is called back to the clinic?
3. What does Oliver take over?
4. What does Jenny say may someday happen?
5. What is the first thing Oliver does when he leaves the room at the beginning of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the doctor call Oliver into the office and what does he tell Oliver?
2. How difficult is it for Oliver to keep the truth from Jenny and his boss?
3. What does Jenny tell Oliver about her visit to the doctor?
4. What do Oliver and Jenny do when she doesn't get pregnant?
5. Why does Oliver go to see his father?
6. What does Oliver receive in the mail that he and Jenny fight about and how does she feel? How does he feel?
7. Who does Oliver tell about Jenny's illness and what does he do?
8. What does Oliver do after Jenny leaves the apartment when he threw the phone across the room?
9. What does Jenny insist on doing at home and what is the one compromise she allows?
10. After graduation, where is Oliver ranked in his law class?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)