|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Oliver see coming into the lobby as he is leaving?
(a) Jenny's sister.
(b) A priest to see Jenny.
(c) Oliver's father.
(d) Oliver's mother.
2. Why does Oliver become enraged?
(a) Jenny tells his father that Oliver loves him.
(b) Jenny accepts the invitation instead of declining it.
(c) Oliver's father tells him not to call again.
(d) Jenny invites Oliver's parents over for lunch.
3. How much money does Oliver get from his father?
(a) He does not get any money from his dad because he is estranged from him.
(c) He asks for 20,000, but gets only 15,000.
(d) His father gives Oliver his entire inheritance.
4. What does Oliver do for the first time in his adult life?
(a) Goes to a loan shark.
(b) Goes to a prostitute.
(c) Calls his father and begs.
(d) Turns to God.
5. Who does Oliver tell about Jenny's illness?
(a) No one.
(b) Jenny's sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the fertility problem rest?
2. What explanation does Oliver give his boss about his situation at home?
3. What does Oliver take over?
4. How does Oliver acknowledge the gift of the money?
5. What does Jenny want Oliver to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny tell Oliver and what does she request of him?
2. What kind of law firm does Oliver take a job with and where is it located?
3. What does Oliver tell his father about his request?
4. Who does Oliver tell about Jenny's illness and what does he do?
5. How difficult is it for Oliver to keep the truth from Jenny and his boss?
6. Why does the doctor call Oliver into the office and what does he tell Oliver?
7. What did Oliver do in his second year of law school?
8. What did the letter Oliver received in July say about his last year's studies?
9. Where is Jenny working and how does she feel about that?
10. What does Oliver receive in the mail that he and Jenny fight about and how does she feel? How does he feel?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)