|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Oliver asks Jenny to marry him, what did the relationship seem to be?
(a) Destined to end soon.
(b) A way for Oliver to consort with someone of lower class to learn about that part of society.
(c) A casual affair.
(d) An on again, off again affair.
2. Who opens the door when Oliver and Jenny walk up?
(a) Oliver's younger sister.
(b) The Butler.
(c) Oliver's mother.
(d) Oliver's father.
3. Why does the girl at Radcliffe's library object to Oliver's using Radcliffe's library instead of Harvard's?
(a) Because Radcliffe is supposed to be an all-girls' school.
(b) Because Harvard always beats Radcliffe in polo.
(c) Because Radcliffe's library is so much smaller.
(d) Because Harvard steals money from Radcliffe's budget.
4. How would Oliver describe Jenny's and his first lovemaking?
(a) They have not yet made love.
(b) Soft and gentle.
(d) Torridly passionate.
5. What does Oliver's father think the reason is for Oliver's wanting to marry Jenny?
(a) For her money.
(c) Because Jenny is pregnant.
(d) Her good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny say is part of Oliver's life?
2. What are Oliver's plans for supporting their new family?
3. How does Oliver's father react to Oliver's marriage plans?
4. What is Oliver's response to what Jenny says?
5. Who attends Oliver's graduation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Oliver play hockey and what are the consequences of Jenny's being at the game? Where does Oliver talk to Jenny while at the game?
2. How does Oliver meet Jennifer and what does she say about him in the library?
3. Why doesn't Oliver want to talk to Jenny about sex?
4. When and under what circumstances does Oliver go to the Radcliffe library?
5. How does Jenny feel about meeting Oliver's parents and why?
6. What does Oliver hear when he goes over to Jenny when he's picking her up and what does he say? How does she answer?
7. What is Jenny doing when Oliver comes to pick her up and what does he do?
8. What does Oliver tell Jenny about his father?
9. Why does Oliver watch Jenny when introducing his parents to her?
10. How does Oliver drive to take Jenny to meet his parents and why does he drive that way?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)