|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oliver's ranking at graduation?
(b) Near the bottom.
(c) It's irrelevant; they don't do a final ranking.
(d) In the middle.
2. What does Oliver take over?
(a) Cleaning up after dinner.
(b) Nothing, he's too busy with work.
(c) The laundry.
(d) Walking the dog.
3. With whom does the fertility problem rest?
(a) There is no problem.
(b) Both of them.
4. What does Oliver do for the first time in his adult life?
(a) Goes to a loan shark.
(b) Turns to God.
(c) Calls his father and begs.
(d) Goes to a prostitute.
5. What is Jenny doing when she suddenly says she has to go to the hospital?
(a) Watching a movie.
(b) Playing the piano.
(c) Talking to Phil on the phone.
(d) Washing dishes.
6. What happens while Oliver is holding Jenny?
(a) She dies.
(b) She tells him she thinks she is getting better.
(c) She whispers in his ear that she wants him to marry again.
(d) She goes to sleep.
7. What is the likely reason Oliver's father lends his some money?
(a) His father has not loaned him money.
(b) Because he likes to see Oliver beg.
(c) Because he loves Oliver.
(d) His father wants to use the gift of money for emotional blackmail.
8. How could the couple's social life be described?
(a) Full and vibrant.
(b) Slow, but consistent.
(c) Full of high society events.
(d) Practically non-existent.
9. What does Phil do when he learns of Jenny's illness?
(a) Moves into the apartment with Oliver and takes care of Oliver and visits Jenny.
(b) Becomes so despondent that he cannot visit right away.
(c) Goes into a rage of denial and hangs up on Oliver.
(d) Flys to South America to find a cure about which he has read.
10. What does the taxi driver think is going on with Jenny?
(a) She is going to visit her ill father.
(b) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(c) He isn't interested and makes no comments.
(d) She is about to have a baby.
11. What is Jenny's problem?
(a) She has endometriosus.
(b) She is trying too hard.
(c) Her eggs do not descend.
(d) She has an incurable type of leukemia.
12. Where are Jenny and Oliver in July?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) Dennis Port.
(c) New York City.
13. To where does Oliver buy airline tickets?
(a) Hong Kong.
14. How much money does Oliver get from his father?
(a) His father gives Oliver his entire inheritance.
(b) He does not get any money from his dad because he is estranged from him.
(d) He asks for 20,000, but gets only 15,000.
15. Why does Oliver become enraged?
(a) Oliver's father tells him not to call again.
(b) Jenny accepts the invitation instead of declining it.
(c) Jenny invites Oliver's parents over for lunch.
(d) Jenny tells his father that Oliver loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver turn down as a result of Jenny's illness?
2. Where is their tiny apartment located?
3. What might be the only happy ending to this story?
4. Why is Oliver excited?
5. What is Oliver's standing in law school and what does it mean?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)