|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Oliver and Jenny decide they want to live?
(a) In Europe.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) In the South.
(d) On the East Coast.
2. When Oliver encounters his father, what does he tell him?
(a) Oliver does not encounter his father.
(b) That Oliver wishes his father had not come there.
(c) Jenny has died.
(d) That he will pay the money back soon.
3. What does Oliver's father assume about why Oliver needs money?
(a) He needs to rent a place for his mistress.
(b) He got some girl in trouble.
(c) He lost a bet at the world cup.
(d) His father is not in the story here.
4. What does Oliver do after his father says he is sorry?
(a) Tells him he wouldn't know about that.
(b) Cries in his arms.
(c) Oliver does not see his father.
(d) Asks his father to pay for the funeral.
5. What does Phil do when he learns of Jenny's illness?
(a) Goes into a rage of denial and hangs up on Oliver.
(b) Moves into the apartment with Oliver and takes care of Oliver and visits Jenny.
(c) Flys to South America to find a cure about which he has read.
(d) Becomes so despondent that he cannot visit right away.
6. What type of apartment do Jenny and Oliver rent?
(a) A Hippie Pad.
(b) Very expensive.
7. How might their spending be described?
(a) All out.
(c) They buy what they want, but not to excess.
(d) They spend nothing as they have no money.
8. What does the taxi driver think is going on with Jenny?
(a) She is about to have a baby.
(b) She is going to visit her ill father.
(c) She is having a nervous breakdown.
(d) He isn't interested and makes no comments.
9. What is the result of his ranking?
(a) He must figure out where he is by talking to others in his class.
(b) He gets some offers of jobs, but not his first choices.
(c) He gets the dregs of the offerings for a job.
(d) He is offered many good jobs.
10. Where does the couple go for consultation?
(a) A fertility doctor.
(b) A financial adviser.
(c) An astrologer.
(d) To Jenny's father.
11. What is the likely reason Oliver's father lends his some money?
(a) Because he loves Oliver.
(b) Because he likes to see Oliver beg.
(c) His father has not loaned him money.
(d) His father wants to use the gift of money for emotional blackmail.
12. Why does Oliver go to Boston?
(a) To ask his father for money.
(b) To consult with a specialist in leukemia.
(c) To pick up Jenny's father at the airport.
(d) To talk to his grandmother.
13. To where does Oliver buy airline tickets?
(a) Hong Kong.
14. Where does Oliver choose to work?
(d) New York.
15. What does Oliver find difficult?
(a) Keeping things normal for Jenny.
(b) Going to work everyday.
(c) Not calling his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon does Jenny become pregnant after they move to New York?
2. What might be the only happy ending to this story?
3. Where do Jenny and Oliver work?
4. What does Jenny want Oliver to do?
5. Who does Oliver see coming into the lobby as he is leaving?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)