|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is impressed with an article Oliver writes?
(a) Phil and Jenny.
(b) Only Jenny.
(c) Oliver's entire law class.
(d) Oliver's father.
2. What explanation does Oliver give his boss about his situation at home?
(b) He tells him that Jenny is having an affair.
(c) He tells him a partial truth.
(d) He tells him the complete truth and breaks down crying.
3. What is the likely reason Oliver's father lends his some money?
(a) Because he likes to see Oliver beg.
(b) His father wants to use the gift of money for emotional blackmail.
(c) Because he loves Oliver.
(d) His father has not loaned him money.
4. What is Oliver's ranking at graduation?
(a) In the middle.
(b) Near the bottom.
(c) It's irrelevant; they don't do a final ranking.
5. Who is called back to the clinic?
(c) Both of them.
(d) Neither of them.
6. What is the result of his ranking?
(a) He must figure out where he is by talking to others in his class.
(b) He gets some offers of jobs, but not his first choices.
(c) He is offered many good jobs.
(d) He gets the dregs of the offerings for a job.
7. What does Oliver join?
(a) A homeless coalition.
(b) A crew team of lawyers.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The Harvard Club of New York.
8. What does Oliver tell his father the reason is for needing the money?
(a) He tells him he lost a bet at the races.
(b) He tells him his car has broken down.
(c) He hasn't asked his father for money.
(d) He doesn't tell him any reason.
9. What do they receive almost daily?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Invitations to social events.
(c) Phone calls from Phil.
10. What is the invitation that Jenny and Oliver receive?
(a) To Harvard Law Review party.
(b) Oliver Barrett, III's 60th birthday.
(c) Phil's wedding.
(d) Oliver's best friend's wedding.
11. After a short while, what does Oliver decide he would like?
(a) A weekend home in the Poconos.
(b) More vacation time.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A child.
12. Why does Oliver become enraged?
(a) Jenny tells his father that Oliver loves him.
(b) Jenny accepts the invitation instead of declining it.
(c) Oliver's father tells him not to call again.
(d) Jenny invites Oliver's parents over for lunch.
13. Where do Jenny and Oliver work?
(a) Ellis Island.
(b) Harvard library.
(c) A boat club.
(d) The Smithsonian.
14. What are Oliver's instructions to the doctor?
(a) To do everything to make Jenny as comfortable as possible.
(b) He wouldn't presume to give the doctors instructions.
(c) To let her die quickly.
(d) To do anything to save her life.
15. What does Oliver do about work?
(a) Tries to hide his personal life so he isn't fired.
(b) Tells his boss about Jenny and stops working.
(c) Works only half time.
(d) Quits his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Oliver is holding Jenny?
2. How could the firm be described where Oliver is to work?
3. Why does Oliver go to Boston?
4. Where is their tiny apartment located?
5. What is Jenny's problem?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)