|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver's father admonish him about when they are eating at the club?
(a) Not following up on the law school application.
(b) Not calling his mother often enough.
(c) Eating too fast.
(d) Driving too fast.
2. What is hanging in the hall foyer?
(a) Deer and other animal heads.
(b) Pictures of generations of Barretts.
(d) Pictures by Goya, Van Gogh, Rembrant and Picasso.
3. What library is Oliver at when he meets Jennifer?
4. What does Jenny think about Mrs. Barrett's announcement?
(a) She thinks it's terrible.
(b) She is impressed.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is delighted.
5. What does this chapter foreshadow in terms of Oliver and his father?
(a) A sudden breakthrough and intimacy.
(b) That Oliver's father will totally approve of Oliver's choices.
(c) An increasing distance between the two.
(d) That Oliver will kill his father.
6. About what do Jenny and Oliver decide to keep quiet?
(a) Oliver's estrangement with his father.
(b) Jenny being valdictorian of her class.
(c) Jenny's pregnancy.
(d) Their engagement.
7. What happens when Oliver is distracted while searching for Jenny in the stands?
(a) He sees his fiance.
(b) He misses the goal.
(c) He sees that his parents are there.
(d) He is knocked down.
8. What does the dinner conversation foreshadow in Oliver's life?
(a) His father's disapproval of Jenny.
(b) Oliver joining the Peace Corps.
(c) Oliver's father dying in a car crash.
(d) Oliver being disinherited.
9. What puzzles Jenny about Oliver's reaction to the announcement?
(a) That he refuses to believe what his mother says.
(b) That he starts crying.
(c) That he is not impressed.
(d) That he starts laughing.
10. What does Jenny admit for the first time in this chapter?
(a) That she is in love with Oliver.
(b) That she is already engaged.
(c) That she is using Oliver for a well-connected marriage.
(d) That she does not intend to see Oliver again.
11. What is Oliver's style in playing hockey?
(a) Plays with energy and violence.
(b) Sits back and lets his teammates do most of the work.
(c) Hogs the limelight.
(d) He doesn't play hockey.
12. What seems evident to be developing between Jenny and Oliver?
(a) A lack of common ground.
(b) Future estrangement.
(c) An unspoken hostility.
(d) A depth of caring.
13. Where did Oliver get wounded in the hockey game?
(a) His side.
(b) He did not get hurt.
(c) His face.
(d) His leg.
14. What are Oliver's plans after graduation?
(a) To go with Jenny to Paris.
(b) To start his own busines.
(c) To work for his dad.
(d) To attend law school.
15. Who opens the door when Oliver and Jenny walk up?
(a) The Butler.
(b) Oliver's younger sister.
(c) Oliver's mother.
(d) Oliver's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is attending her graduation?
2. From what school does Jenny graduate?
3. Of what does the girl accuse Oliver?
4. Who picks up the tab for the wedding reception at a local pub?
5. What is the name and location of the club where Oliver and his father are eating?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)