|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Oliver's plans for supporting their new family?
(a) He has bought a small sandwhich shop.
(b) He has cashed in some of his inheritance.
(c) He will clerk at the State Supreme court.
(d) Jenny will be supporting them.
2. What does Oliver's father say he will do if Oliver marries Jenny?
(a) Come to the wedding reluctantly.
(b) Have a hit man kill Jenny.
(c) Cut Oliver out of his life.
(d) Try to have the marriage annulled.
3. Where are Oliver and Jenny going in this chapter?
(a) To Martha's Vineyard.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To Cranston, Rhode Island.
(d) Back to Oliver's parents' home.
4. How does Oliver seem to feel about his illustrious ancestors?
(a) Condescending to Jenny.
(b) It's not obvious what he feels.
(c) Almost embarrassed.
5. Where does Jenny meet Oliver's parents?
(a) She never meets them.
(b) In the library of Oliver's home.
(c) At the opera.
(d) On the patio.
6. How does Oliver feel about his parents' behavior?
(b) His parents are not there; they had an emergency elsewhere.
7. What announcement does Oliver's mother make?
(a) That she hopes Oliver plans to marry such a wonderful girl as Jenny.
(b) That Oliver's father is incurably ill.
(c) That she is going to Paris herself and hopes Jenny will accompany her.
(d) That Oliver's father has been appointed as director of the peace corps.
8. What does Oliver admit to himself about Jenny?
(a) That she comes from a lower-class family and therefore he could never marry her.
(b) That he feels differently about her than other girls he's dating.
(c) That he's not really interested in her and just wants sex.
(d) That she is too poor for him to consider seriously.
9. How old is Jennifer when she dies?
10. From what school does Jenny graduate?
11. What is Oliver surprised to find out about Jenny?
(a) That she expects Oliver to marry her now.
(b) That she wears a gold cross.
(c) That she has three tattoos.
(d) That she is already pregnant from another guy.
12. What puzzles Jenny about Oliver's reaction to the announcement?
(a) That he starts crying.
(b) That he refuses to believe what his mother says.
(c) That he is not impressed.
(d) That he starts laughing.
13. What does Oliver do next?
(a) Smiles and tells his teammates she's a real live one.
(b) Kisses Jennifer on the lips.
(c) Gets a little tearful and apologetic.
(d) Turns away and walks off.
14. How long have the two been dating at the opening of this chapter?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) Two years.
15. What does Oliver's father think the reason is for Oliver's wanting to marry Jenny?
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Because Jenny is pregnant.
(d) For her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl at the main desk ask Oliver when he approaches her with a question?
2. What does Oliver refuse to tell Ray?
3. Who picks up the tab for the wedding reception at a local pub?
4. Doing what do Oliver and his father have a little bit of competition?
5. Some people might describe Love Story as akin to what Shakespeare play?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)