|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plot device is used in this chapter several times?
(b) Red herrings.
2. What does Oliver keep promising his roommate?
(a) That Ray is his executor of his will.
(b) That Ray and Oliver will go into business together.
(c) That they will still get an apartment together in New York.
(d) That Jenny and Oliver will not be together long.
3. How would Oliver describe Jenny's and his first lovemaking?
(a) They have not yet made love.
(b) Torridly passionate.
(c) Soft and gentle.
4. What is the name and location of the club where Oliver and his father are eating?
(a) Harvard Club in Boothbay Harbor.
(b) Yale Club in Boston.
(c) Racquet Ball Club in Boston.
(d) Harvard Club in Boston.
5. What seems evident to be developing between Jenny and Oliver?
(a) A lack of common ground.
(b) Future estrangement.
(c) A depth of caring.
(d) An unspoken hostility.
6. Where does Jenny meet Oliver's parents?
(a) In the library of Oliver's home.
(b) At the opera.
(c) On the patio.
(d) She never meets them.
7. In what Olympic sport did Oliver's father compete?
8. What is Jennifer's response to Oliver doing the answer to question #20?
(a) She graciously talks with his teammates.
(b) She waves to get his attention.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She says he was not given permission.
9. What is Jennifer's response to the answer to question number 23?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She says she agrees with him.
(d) She becomes upset.
10. What are Oliver's plans after graduation?
(a) To go with Jenny to Paris.
(b) To attend law school.
(c) To start his own busines.
(d) To work for his dad.
11. How often is Oliver knocked down in a hockey game?
(a) Many times in a game.
(b) Once or twice a game.
(c) Never; he doesn't play hockey.
12. What does Oliver's father admonish him about when they are eating at the club?
(a) Not calling his mother often enough.
(b) Not following up on the law school application.
(c) Driving too fast.
(d) Eating too fast.
13. What does Oliver refuse to tell Ray?
(a) That Oliver is moving to Paris.
(b) That Oliver has accepted a position in Los Angeles.
(c) That Oliver and Jenny are involved sexually.
(d) That Oliver joined the Peace Corps.
14. What does Jenny do when Oliver pulls into the driveway of an estate?
(a) Jumps out of the car and says she's not going any further.
(b) Nearly panics.
(c) Jenny is not with Oliver.
(d) Gets excited at the idea of marrying so much money.
15. What is a new element in Oliver's life?
(a) Having to worry about money.
(b) The thrill of being engaged.
(c) The baby Jenny just had.
(d) Phil as a surrogate father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems likely to be developing between Jenny and Oliver?
2. How soon after graduation does the couple marry?
3. From what school does Jenny graduate?
4. Where is Oliver in this chapter?
5. Why does Jenny wear the necklace she has on?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)