|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alvina happy she is a bad kid?
2. Who is the first person other than Leo to whom Stargirl writes?
3. What causes Stargirl to force Betty Lou out of bed?
4. What time does Stargirl go to Calendar Hill?
5. Why does Perry say he wants to learn to meditate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
2. Why does Stargirl end up in the hospital?
3. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
4. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
5. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
6. Where does Stargirl meet the harem, and what does she make of them?
7. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
8. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
9. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
10. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Blobfest, and how do these events affect the remainder of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What emphasis did Stargirl put on meditating, and why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)