|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl ask for from the person other than Leo to whom she writes?
2. How does Perry describe his life?
3. Why does Charlie say he likes silence?
4. Why does Charlie not talk well to Stargirl when she confronts him?
5. What is the cereus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Counting Coup?
2. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl about life?
3. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
4. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
5. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
6. What is the cereus?
7. What has Perry figured out about Stargirl without her input?
8. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
9. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
10. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show the importance of her community? What effect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Blobfest, and how do these events affect the remainder of the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)