|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl think she could never share?
2. What does Dootise need a costume for?
3. What phase is Stargirl supposed to help Alvina get out of?
4. Where does Neva work?
5. To what does Perry say he is drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
2. What is Counting Coup?
3. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
4. What has Perry figured out about Stargirl without her input?
5. How does Alvina get fired?
6. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
7. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
8. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl about life?
9. What is the cereus?
10. Why does Stargirl end up in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Stargirl and Perry change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)