|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Stargirl where to find Perry on hot nights?
2. Whose birthday is on August 14th?
3. Why does Stargirl agree to help Alvina?
4. Why does Perry say he wants to learn to meditate?
5. To what does Perry say he is drawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
2. What does Stargirl write to Archie about?
3. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
4. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
5. What is the cereus?
6. What does Stargirl say would have to happen for Leo to see this letter?
7. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
8. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
9. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
10. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Stargirl and Perry change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)