|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Alvina does Stargirl want to boost?
2. What does Stargirl think she could never share?
3. Who wins the costume contest?
4. Why is Stargirl asked to help Alvina?
5. What time does Stargirl go to Calendar Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
2. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
3. How does Alvina get fired?
4. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
5. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
6. What is Counting Coup?
7. What does Stargirl say would have to happen for Leo to see this letter?
8. Where does Stargirl meet the harem, and what does she make of them?
9. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
10. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl about life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show her love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the burning house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)