|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stargirl refuse visitors at first while in the hospital?
2. What does Stargirl compare herself to after Perry disappoints her?
3. Where does Perry sleep on hot nights?
4. Where does Stargirl take Alvina on their second outing?
5. What culture started Counting Coup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
2. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
3. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
4. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
5. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
6. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
7. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
8. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
9. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
10. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the burning house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Stargirl's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)