|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alvina about Counting Coup?
2. What makes Stargirl feel connected to Arnold?
3. Why does Stargirl approach the fire she sees?
4. Why is Alvina happy she is a bad kid?
5. What phase is Stargirl supposed to help Alvina get out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Counting Coup?
2. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
3. Where does Stargirl meet the harem, and what does she make of them?
4. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
5. What is the cereus?
6. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
7. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
8. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
9. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
10. How does Alvina get fired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Winter Solstice party, and what does Stargirl learn through this experience?
Essay Topic 3
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)