|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alvina about Counting Coup?
2. Why does Charlie say he likes silence?
3. What is the worst news Stargirl gets when she wakes up in the hospital?
4. Where does Stargirl see a fire?
5. What tattoo do the harem girls wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
2. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
3. What is Counting Coup?
4. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
5. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
6. What does Stargirl write to Archie about?
7. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
8. Why does Stargirl end up in the hospital?
9. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
10. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does the letter format of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 3
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)