|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stargirl agree to help Alvina?
2. Who plays the part of Ondine in Stargirl's dream?
3. Who is offered Alvina's job?
4. How does Stargirl celebrate after the costume contest?
5. Whose birthday is on August 14th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
2. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
3. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
4. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
5. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
6. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
7. What is the cereus?
8. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
9. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
10. How does Alvina get fired?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)