|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Alvina about Counting Coup?
2. To what does Perry say he is drawn?
3. Why is Alvina happy she is a bad kid?
4. How does Stargirl say Leo will be able to read this letter?
5. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl when she forces her out of bed one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
2. How does Alvina get fired?
3. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
4. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
5. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
6. How does Alvina feel during her second outing with Stargirl?
7. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
8. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
9. What does Stargirl say would have to happen for Leo to see this letter?
10. What has Perry figured out about Stargirl without her input?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Stargirl show the importance of her community? What effect does this have on the plot?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)