|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alvina told about Counting Coup?
2. Whose birthday is on August 14th?
3. What does Stargirl invite Perry to do?
4. Why is the Blobfest held?
5. Why does Stargirl feel free to write whatever she wants in this letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
2. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
3. What has Perry figured out about Stargirl without her input?
4. What makes Dootsie love the Blobfest so much?
5. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
6. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
7. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
8. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
9. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
10. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show her love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does the letter format of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)