|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl when she forces her out of bed one day?
2. What time does Stargirl go to Calendar Hill?
3. How often does Stargirl go to Calendar Hill?
4. Where does Stargirl see a fire?
5. What does Perry do to disappoint Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alvina get fired?
2. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl about life?
3. What is the hardest news for Stargirl to hear while she is in the hospital?
4. How does Alvina feel during her second outing with Stargirl?
5. Why does Stargirl end up in the hospital?
6. How does Stargirl distract herself from the disappointment she feels when Perry disappoints her?
7. What is the cereus?
8. What does Stargirl say about pulling weeds for her job?
9. What does Stargirl say would have to happen for Leo to see this letter?
10. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stargirl show her love for learning through this book?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Winter Solstice party, and what does Stargirl learn through this experience?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)