|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stargirl approach the fire she sees?
2. What about Alvina does Stargirl want to boost?
3. Who does the harem love?
4. Who is offered Alvina's job?
5. What is Stargirl's mother's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
2. What does Stargirl love about the bird in her back yard?
3. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
4. What advice does Betty Lou give Stargirl about life?
5. How does Alvina feel during her second outing with Stargirl?
6. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
7. What about Stargirl has Perry counted, and what does this reveal?
8. What decisions about herself does Stargirl make after the fire?
9. What does Stargirl say about pulling weeds for her job?
10. What does Betty Lou say is ironic about the cereus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What is Agoraphobia, and how is Stargirl's life affected by this disorder?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the burning house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)