|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Perry say he is drawn?
2. What does Stargirl compare herself to after Perry disappoints her?
3. What does Stargirl say Leo would have to forgive if he ever read this letter?
4. What is the first nice thing Perry says to Stargirl?
5. Who is with Stargirl when she sees the cereus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alvina get fired?
2. How is Betty Lou able to enjoy the cereus?
3. Why does Stargirl start spending more time with Alvina?
4. Why does Stargirl end up in the hospital?
5. What is Counting Coup?
6. What is strange about the first long conversation Stargirl has with Perry?
7. What is the cereus?
8. What good does Alvina see in being what she thinks is a bad kid?
9. Why does Stargirl not think her actions with the fire were heroic?
10. What has Perry figured out about Stargirl without her input?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the letter format of this book change the tone of the book, and how do you feel about it?
Essay Topic 2
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)