|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pet does Stargirl have?
2. What does Stargirl decide to do to help her depression?
3. What does Stargirl say snow covers up?
4. Who does Stargirl see at the stone piles?
5. What time of day does Dootsie come to see Stargirl's pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ondine?
2. How is March 21st symbolic in the book?
3. Why does Stargirl relate so well to the stone piles?
4. What does Stargirl yell at the man at the stone piles, and what happens?
5. How does Stargirl feel when the first snow falls?
6. Why does Stargirl feel so territorial of Dootsie when new people pop up in her life?
7. What makes Stargirl jealous of the thief?
8. What happens when Stargirl starts leaving gifts for Charles, and why?
9. What does Alvina tell Stargirl about Perry?
10. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Stargirl's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)