|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dootsie get sick from?
2. What does Stargirl wonder when she sees a lone goose?
3. What does Stargirl shout at the thief when she follows him home?
4. What does Stargirl do on her strange field trips?
5. How does Stargirl describe the stone piles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Charles?
2. What does Betty Lou suffer from, and how does it affect her life?
3. What happened at Maiden's Leap?
4. How does Stargirl say her depression makes her feel in the mornings?
5. What does Stargirl see in Alvina's bedroom?
6. What is the big fight that Stargirl breaks up when she is at Alvina's house?
7. What confuses Stargirl when Alvina tells her more about Perry?
8. Why does Stargirl feel so territorial of Dootsie when new people pop up in her life?
9. What happens when Stargirl starts leaving gifts for Charles, and why?
10. How does Stargirl meet Dootsie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens at the Blobfest, and how do these events affect the remainder of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)