|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl see stolen from the festival?
2. Why didn't Archie like Leo?
3. Where is the festival held that Stargirl takes Dootsie to?
4. What does Stargirl say Charles really understands?
5. Where does Stargirl learn about the thief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Stargirl when Alvina tells her more about Perry?
2. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
3. What does Dootsie do to frighten her mother one day?
4. What does Stargirl miss the most about her last home?
5. Which is Stargirl's father's clients does Stargirl like best, and why?
6. Why does Stargirl love Enchanted Hill so much?
7. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
8. How does Stargirl cheer up Betty Lou after the festival?
9. What does Stargirl see on Alvina's door, and what does this mean?
10. Who is Ondine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show the importance of her community? What effect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
There were many different symbols present in this book. What were these symbols, and how did their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)