|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stargirl try to comfort herself about her broken heart?
2. Why does Dootsie always visit Betty Lou?
3. Who does Alvina chase while talking to Stargirl?
4. What does Dootsie do for Betty Lou after the festival?
5. What is stolen from Betty Lou while Dootsie is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the big fight that Stargirl breaks up when she is at Alvina's house?
2. How does Stargirl say her depression makes her feel in the mornings?
3. What happened at Maiden's Leap?
4. What does Stargirl see in Alvina's bedroom?
5. What strange thing does Stargirl notice about Alvina at the festival?
6. How does Stargirl feel when the first snow falls?
7. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
8. What does Stargirl say when Dootsie asks about her relationship status?
9. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
10. What does Alvina tell Stargirl about Perry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Stargirl's family showed their love to each other, and how did these displays alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)