|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the thief's house made of?
2. What is the name of Charles' wife?
3. How does Stargirl try to comfort herself about her broken heart?
4. What is Stargirl doing when she sees someone stealing from Betty Lou?
5. To whom is this book written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stargirl yell at the man at the stone piles, and what happens?
2. What happened at Maiden's Leap?
3. Why does Stargirl feel so territorial of Dootsie when new people pop up in her life?
4. What happens when Stargirl starts leaving gifts for Charles, and why?
5. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
6. Why does Stargirl love Enchanted Hill so much?
7. What makes Stargirl jealous of the thief?
8. What does Stargirl see on Alvina's door, and what does this mean?
9. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
10. What does Stargirl miss the most about her last home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Individuality and self expression were two things that were very important to some of the major characters in this book. What are some examples of this, and how did these instances alter the course of the plot?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)