|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl say Leo did to her heart?
2. What does Stargirl wonder when she sees a lone goose?
3. How many fingernails has Alvina painted?
4. Who does Stargirl see at the stone piles?
5. Why does Betty Lou feel the way she does when Stargirl describes the festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Stargirl chasing the thief to his house?
2. How does Stargirl meet Dootsie?
3. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
4. What does Dootsie do to frighten her mother one day?
5. How does Stargirl say her depression makes her feel in the mornings?
6. What strange sight does Stargirl see when she is at work with her father?
7. How does Stargirl cheer up Betty Lou after the festival?
8. Why does Stargirl relate so well to the stone piles?
9. What does Stargirl yell at the man at the stone piles, and what happens?
10. What does Betty Lou suffer from, and how does it affect her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show the importance of her community? What effect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Stargirl resolve her confusion about Perry, and what does this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Blobfest, and how do these events affect the remainder of the plot?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)