|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so special about June 21st?
2. What festival does Stargirl take Dootsie to?
3. What does Dootsie get sick from?
4. To whom is this book written?
5. How does Stargirl feel when she sees Alvina was fighting with someone at the festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Stargirl when Alvina tells her more about Perry?
2. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
3. How does Stargirl say her depression makes her feel in the mornings?
4. What is the big fight that Stargirl breaks up when she is at Alvina's house?
5. What makes Stargirl jealous of the thief?
6. How does Stargirl cheer up Betty Lou after the festival?
7. What does Stargirl see on Alvina's door, and what does this mean?
8. How does Stargirl meet Dootsie?
9. What does Stargirl say when Dootsie asks about her relationship status?
10. Who is Ondine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl show the importance of her community? What effect does this have on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the burning house, and what significance did this have on the plot? Who was involved in the scenes there, and what did these events symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Stargirl and Perry change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)