|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Stargirl and Dootsie spend a lot of time doing at the festival?
2. Who steals something from Betty Lou while Dootise is sick?
3. What stays with Stargirl for the rest of the week after June 21st?
4. Why does Dootsie always visit Betty Lou?
5. Where does Stargirl recognize the boy she sees stealing from the festival from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
2. Why does Stargirl worry about Betty Lou while Dootsie is sick?
3. What strange thing does Stargirl notice about Alvina at the festival?
4. Why does Stargirl love Enchanted Hill so much?
5. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
6. What happened at Maiden's Leap?
7. What does Stargirl say when Dootsie asks about her relationship status?
8. How is March 21st symbolic in the book?
9. What makes Stargirl jealous of the thief?
10. What strange sight does Stargirl see when she is at work with her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stargirl endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)