|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stargirl see at the stone piles?
2. What does Stargirl start leaving on Grace's tombstone?
3. What do Stargirl and Dootsie spend a lot of time doing at the festival?
4. Where does Stargirl meet Alvina?
5. Who steals something from Betty Lou while Dootise is sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stargirl do when she goes to work with her father?
2. What happens when Stargirl starts leaving gifts for Charles, and why?
3. Why does Stargirl feel so territorial of Dootsie when new people pop up in her life?
4. What does Betty Lou suffer from, and how does it affect her life?
5. Who is Charles?
6. What confuses Stargirl when Alvina tells her more about Perry?
7. Which is Stargirl's father's clients does Stargirl like best, and why?
8. What does Stargirl see on Alvina's door, and what does this mean?
9. How is March 21st symbolic in the book?
10. What does Stargirl see in Alvina's bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Archie was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What acts of service does Stargirl perform for her community, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the Winter Solstice party, and what does Stargirl learn through this experience?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)