|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Dootsie come to see Stargirl's pet?
2. How old is Alvina?
3. What is Stargirl's father's job?
4. Why does Stargirl worry about Betty Lou while Dootsie is sick?
5. What does Stargirl use as markers for her calendar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl mark her happiness?
2. What strange sight does Stargirl see when she is at work with her father?
3. Why does Stargirl feel so territorial of Dootsie when new people pop up in her life?
4. What is the big fight that Stargirl breaks up when she is at Alvina's house?
5. How is March 21st symbolic in the book?
6. How does Stargirl cheer up Betty Lou after the festival?
7. What happens when Stargirl starts leaving gifts for Charles, and why?
8. What does Stargirl see on Alvina's door, and what does this mean?
9. What does Stargirl say when Dootsie asks about her relationship status?
10. What does Stargirl yell at the man at the stone piles, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stargirl resolve her confusion about Perry, and what does this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the Blobfest, and how do these events affect the remainder of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)