|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Neva work?
(a) The school.
(b) The diner.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The store.
2. What kind of bird does Stargirl relate to in her back yard?
(a) Red Breasted Robin.
(b) Blue Jay.
3. What is Stargirl doing when she sees a fire?
(a) Going on a milk run.
(b) Taking a field trip.
(c) Putting her calendar marker out.
(d) Walking her rat.
4. What does Stargirl promise Leo in this letter in July?
(a) That she will try to forget.
(b) That she will love again.
(c) That she will not mail this.
(d) That she will see him again.
5. What does Stargirl compare herself to after Perry disappoints her?
(a) A colorless rainbow.
(b) A spilled cup of coffee.
(c) A vegetarian.
(d) A black and white picture.
6. Why does Stargirl refuse visitors at first while in the hospital?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is embarassed.
(c) She hurts too much.
(d) She is too sad.
7. To what does Perry say he is drawn?
(a) Spending time with Stargirl.
(b) Learning more.
(d) Running away.
8. How does Stargirl feel when Perry asks her his first question?
9. What culture started Counting Coup?
(b) The Chinese.
(c) Native Americans.
10. How does Stargirl celebrate after the costume contest?
(a) She writes to Leo.
(b) She makes a card.
(c) She throws a party.
(d) She gets pizza.
11. Who is offered Alvina's job?
12. Who was Counting Coup used on?
(a) Sick people.
(d) Family members.
13. Why does Stargirl agree to help Alvina?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She had a dream about it.
(c) She sees beauty in her.
(d) She needs the money.
14. What is the cereus?
(a) A writer.
(b) A French pastry.
(c) A flower.
(d) A kind of ink.
15. How does Perry describe his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stargirl asked to help Alvina?
2. Where does Perry sleep on hot nights?
3. Who is the first person other than Leo to whom Stargirl writes?
4. Why does Stargirl feel free to write whatever she wants in this letter?
5. What does Perry do to disappoint Stargirl?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)