|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
2. What does she insist upon being?
3. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
4. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
5. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
Essay Topic 2
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children.
Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior?
Part 2) How does she come to this realization?
Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)