|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Johnny's mind changed?
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
3. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
4. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
5. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a chasm that exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Grandma and Bella.
Part 2) How do these two characters interact with one another?
Part 3) Does this chasm ever heal? How? Why?
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)