|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
2. What does Bella want to tell everyone tonight?
3. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
4. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
5. What kind of life does Bella want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
Essay Topic 2
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
Essay Topic 3
Bella's naÃ¯vetÃ© makes her seem like a child.
Part 1) How does this affect the way she treats Arty and Jay?
Part 2) What are her mother's thoughts on her behavior?
Part 3) Why is she child-like?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)