|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life does Bella want?
2. How does Louie respond to this news?
3. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
4. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
5. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Two of Grandma Kurnitz's children died.
Part 1) How does she deal with their deaths?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her surviving children?
Part 3) How does Grandma change throughout the play towards her living children?
Essay Topic 2
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
Essay Topic 3
There is a chasm that exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Grandma and Bella.
Part 2) How do these two characters interact with one another?
Part 3) Does this chasm ever heal? How? Why?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)