|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
2. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
3. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
4. How do the family members respond to this news?
5. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
Essay Topic 2
Bella is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children.
Part 1) How is she the bravest?
Part 2) Why are the other children not as brave?
Part 3) How does her bravery help her grow closer to her family?
Essay Topic 3
Louie is a breath of fresh air for Arty and Jay.
Part 1) How is Louie a breath of fresh air?
Part 2) How is Louie different from the boys' father, Eddie?
Part 3) How does the interaction between the boys and Louie help the audience to understand Louie?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)