|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
2. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
3. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play end?
2. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
3. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
4. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
5. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
8. What are Jay's plans?
9. What have the boys found intriguing?
10. Why is Bella in a good mood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The war is good news for Eddie.
Part 1) What war?
Part 2) Why is this war good news for Eddie?
Part 3) What is difficult about Eddie's situation?
Essay Topic 2
Bella is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children.
Part 1) How is she the bravest?
Part 2) Why are the other children not as brave?
Part 3) How does her bravery help her grow closer to her family?
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)