|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
2. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
3. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
4. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
5. For whom are the two men looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Bella play in this scene?
2. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
3. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
4. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
7. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
8. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
9. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
10. What have the boys found intriguing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grandma Kurnitz is forced to view Bella differently.
Part 1) What is Grandma Kurnitz's original view of Bella?
Part 2) How does her view of her change?
Part 3) Why does she view Bella differently by the end of the play?
Essay Topic 2
The family meeting is climactic.
Part 1) What is a climax?
Part 2) How is this meeting climactic?
Part 3) Compare the play up to this point to the end of the play.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)