|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
2. Why does he tell them not to worry?
3. With what good news is Bella bursting?
4. Why is Bella able to understand this?
5. What has Bella always wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys learn about their father?
2. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
3. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
4. Why is Bella happy the boys are still there?
5. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
6. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
7. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
8. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
9. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
10. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of Jay and Arty into the other family members' lives is significant.
Part 1) How is it significant?
Part 2) How are the other characters affected by their arrival?
Part 3) How are the boys affected by the time spent with their relatives?
Essay Topic 2
Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children.
Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior?
Part 2) How does she come to this realization?
Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 3
Bella is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children.
Part 1) How is she the bravest?
Part 2) Why are the other children not as brave?
Part 3) How does her bravery help her grow closer to her family?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)