|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
2. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
3. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
4. What is Jay contemplating.
5. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
2. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
5. Describe the boys' exit.
6. What is the setting of the play?
7. How does the play end?
8. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What does this scene further exemplify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
Essay Topic 2
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
Essay Topic 3
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)