|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
2. What does Bella enjoy doing?
3. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
4. Of what is the voice-over?
5. What is Jay contemplating.
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
2. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
3. What has hurt the family?
4. How does this scene begin?
5. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
6. What has happened to Bella?
7. What does Louis share with the boys?
8. What is wrong with Arty?
9. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
10. How does Bella react to their responses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
Essay Topic 2
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Louie is a breath of fresh air for Arty and Jay.
Part 1) How is Louie a breath of fresh air?
Part 2) How is Louie different from the boys' father, Eddie?
Part 3) How does the interaction between the boys and Louie help the audience to understand Louie?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)