|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the boys trying to do?
2. Why does he tell them not to worry?
3. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
4. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
5. With what has Eddie been challenged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
2. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
3. How does this act open?
4. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
5. How does this scene begin?
6. How have Bella's plans changed?
7. What are Jay's plans?
8. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
9. What does this scene further exemplify?
10. What has hurt the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The family meeting is climactic.
Part 1) What is a climax?
Part 2) How is this meeting climactic?
Part 3) Compare the play up to this point to the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 3
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)