|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what good news is Bella bursting?
2. What has Eddie taken?
3. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
4. Describe Bella.
5. What is Louie for the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis share with the boys?
2. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
5. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
6. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
7. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
8. How does this act open?
9. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
10. What does this scene further exemplify?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children.
Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior?
Part 2) How does she come to this realization?
Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 2
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
Essay Topic 3
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)