|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could finding this help Bella?
2. What is below the apartment?
3. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
4. What must Eddie do?
5. What is the setting of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys like about their uncle?
2. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
3. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
4. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
5. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
6. How does the scene open?
7. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
8. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
9. Why is Bella happy the boys are still there?
10. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
Essay Topic 1
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
Essay Topic 2
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 3
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)