Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
Essay Topic 1
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 2
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 3
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)