|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the war to Eddie?
2. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. What will Eddie be doing?
5. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys learn about their father?
2. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
3. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
4. How does the scene open?
5. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
6. How does Bella react to their responses?
7. How have Bella's plans changed?
8. Describe the boys' exit.
9. How does the family find out about Johnny?
10. What have the boys found intriguing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
Essay Topic 2
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
Essay Topic 3
Louie is a breath of fresh air for Arty and Jay.
Part 1) How is Louie a breath of fresh air?
Part 2) How is Louie different from the boys' father, Eddie?
Part 3) How does the interaction between the boys and Louie help the audience to understand Louie?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)