|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
2. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
3. What is the war to Eddie?
4. With what has Eddie been challenged?
5. What is clear about Eddie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
2. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
3. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
4. How are the boys helping out at their grandma's house?
5. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
6. How strong is Bella compared to her siblings?
7. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
8. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
9. What role does Bella play in this scene?
10. What are Jay's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
Essay Topic 2
Two of Grandma Kurnitz's children died.
Part 1) How does she deal with their deaths?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her surviving children?
Part 3) How does Grandma change throughout the play towards her living children?
Essay Topic 3
There is a chasm that exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Grandma and Bella.
Part 2) How do these two characters interact with one another?
Part 3) Does this chasm ever heal? How? Why?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)