|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
2. Where is it hidden?
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
4. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
5. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time has gone by?
2. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
3. How does the family react to Bella's news?
4. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
5. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
6. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
7. What have the boys found intriguing?
8. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
9. How have Bella's plans changed?
10. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
Essay Topic 2
The war is good news for Eddie.
Part 1) What war?
Part 2) Why is this war good news for Eddie?
Part 3) What is difficult about Eddie's situation?
Essay Topic 3
Eddie loved his wife unconditionally.
Part 1) What has her death done to the family?
Part 2) How does he sacrifice himself for her?
Part 3) How does his sacrifice affect his children? What is the outcome of his sacrifice?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)