Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
Essay Topic 1
The main theme of this play is survival.
Part 1) How is this the main theme?
Part 2) How do the characters survive?
Part 3) Are their ways of surviving healthy? Will the be successful in the paths they have chosen in life?
Essay Topic 2
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 3
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)