|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
2. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
3. For what is Eddie being treated?
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
5. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bella react to their responses?
2. How does this act open?
3. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
4. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
5. Why is Bella moving stealthily? What is the outcome?
6. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
7. Describe the boys' exit.
8. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
9. What are Jay's plans?
10. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 2
The main theme of this play is survival.
Part 1) How is this the main theme?
Part 2) How do the characters survive?
Part 3) Are their ways of surviving healthy? Will the be successful in the paths they have chosen in life?
Essay Topic 3
Bella's naÃ¯vetÃ© makes her seem like a child.
Part 1) How does this affect the way she treats Arty and Jay?
Part 2) What are her mother's thoughts on her behavior?
Part 3) Why is she child-like?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)