Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
There is a chasm that exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Grandma and Bella.
Part 2) How do these two characters interact with one another?
Part 3) Does this chasm ever heal? How? Why?
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
Grandma Kurnitz is forced to view Bella differently.
Part 1) What is Grandma Kurnitz's original view of Bella?
Part 2) How does her view of her change?
Part 3) Why does she view Bella differently by the end of the play?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)