|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
2. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
3. What makes Bella seem like a child?
4. From where does Bella arrive home?
5. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Arty?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
4. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
5. Why is Bella moving stealthily? What is the outcome?
6. Why is Bella in a good mood?
7. How does the scene open?
8. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
9. What are Jay's plans?
10. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 2
One of the themes is acceptance.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) What is accepted in this play?
Part 3) How do the characters evolve, based on this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Two of Grandma Kurnitz's children died.
Part 1) How does she deal with their deaths?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her surviving children?
Part 3) How does Grandma change throughout the play towards her living children?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)