|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
2. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
3. What has Eddie taken?
4. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
5. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Bella play in this scene?
2. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
3. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
4. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
5. What are Jay's plans?
6. How does the play end?
7. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
8. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
9. What has hurt the family?
10. How does this act open?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The introduction of Jay and Arty into the other family members' lives is significant.
Part 1) How is it significant?
Part 2) How are the other characters affected by their arrival?
Part 3) How are the boys affected by the time spent with their relatives?
Essay Topic 2
The war is good news for Eddie.
Part 1) What war?
Part 2) Why is this war good news for Eddie?
Part 3) What is difficult about Eddie's situation?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz is forced to view Bella differently.
Part 1) What is Grandma Kurnitz's original view of Bella?
Part 2) How does her view of her change?
Part 3) Why does she view Bella differently by the end of the play?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)