|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
2. What has Eddie taken?
3. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
4. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
5. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
2. What have the boys found intriguing?
3. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
4. How does the family react to Bella's news?
5. What has hurt the family?
6. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
7. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
8. How does this scene begin?
9. What does Louis share with the boys?
10. How strong is Bella compared to her siblings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
Essay Topic 3
Two of Grandma Kurnitz's children died.
Part 1) How does she deal with their deaths?
Part 2) How does her behavior affect her surviving children?
Part 3) How does Grandma change throughout the play towards her living children?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)