|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Johnny?
2. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
3. How does Eddie tell the boys?
4. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
5. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
2. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
3. What are Jay's plans?
4. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
5. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
6. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
7. Describe the boys' exit.
8. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
9. How are the boys helping out at their grandma's house?
10. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 2
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
Essay Topic 3
The main theme of this play is survival.
Part 1) How is this the main theme?
Part 2) How do the characters survive?
Part 3) Are their ways of surviving healthy? Will the be successful in the paths they have chosen in life?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)