|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
2. What is the war to Eddie?
3. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
2. What does Louis share with the boys?
3. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
4. Describe the boys' exit.
5. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
6. What has happened to Bella?
7. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
8. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
9. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
10. How does the family react to Bella's news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 2
There is a chasm that exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella.
Part 1) Compare and contrast Grandma and Bella.
Part 2) How do these two characters interact with one another?
Part 3) Does this chasm ever heal? How? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children.
Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior?
Part 2) How does she come to this realization?
Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)