|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Eddie do?
2. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
3. Why is Bella able to understand this?
4. What does it mean to be stealthy?
5. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bella in a good mood?
2. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
3. What does Louis share with the boys?
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. What are Jay's plans?
6. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
7. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
8. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
9. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
10. What is wrong with Arty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the major themes in the play is the importance of family.
Part 1) Why is this a theme?
Part 2) How do the characters need one another?
Part 3) How do the characters influence one another?
Essay Topic 2
Bella is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children.
Part 1) How is she the bravest?
Part 2) Why are the other children not as brave?
Part 3) How does her bravery help her grow closer to her family?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz is forced to view Bella differently.
Part 1) What is Grandma Kurnitz's original view of Bella?
Part 2) How does her view of her change?
Part 3) Why does she view Bella differently by the end of the play?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)