|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
2. What must Eddie do?
3. How does the scene open?
4. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
5. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys become even more mesmerized by their uncle?
2. What role does Bella play in this scene?
3. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
4. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
5. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
6. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
7. What is wrong with Arty?
8. What does this scene further exemplify?
9. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
10. What does Louis share with the boys?
Essay Topic 1
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The introduction of Jay and Arty into the other family members' lives is significant.
Part 1) How is it significant?
Part 2) How are the other characters affected by their arrival?
Part 3) How are the boys affected by the time spent with their relatives?
Essay Topic 3
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)