|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
2. What does Louie sense?
3. Where is it hidden?
4. What has Bella always wanted?
5. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
2. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
3. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
4. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
5. What do the boys like about their uncle?
6. What role does Bella play in this scene?
7. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
8. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
9. How does the scene open?
10. What are Jay's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The family meeting is climactic.
Part 1) What is a climax?
Part 2) How is this meeting climactic?
Part 3) Compare the play up to this point to the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
The war is good news for Eddie.
Part 1) What war?
Part 2) Why is this war good news for Eddie?
Part 3) What is difficult about Eddie's situation?
Essay Topic 3
Louie is a breath of fresh air for Arty and Jay.
Part 1) How is Louie a breath of fresh air?
Part 2) How is Louie different from the boys' father, Eddie?
Part 3) How does the interaction between the boys and Louie help the audience to understand Louie?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)