|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
2. How must Bella feel about movies?
3. For whom are the two men looking?
4. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
5. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
3. What are Jay's plans?
4. What has hurt the family?
5. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
6. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
7. How does the family react to Bella's news?
8. How have Bella's plans changed?
9. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
10. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gert tries to be invisible.
Part 1) Why would she want to be invisible?
Part 2) When does she come out of hiding?
Part 3) How does she interact with the others when she does come out of hiding?
Essay Topic 2
There is more intrigue at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined.
Part 1) What is intriguing to the boys?
Part 2) How does this intrigue make life more bearable for the boys?
Part 3) What does the audience learn about other characters through this intrigue?
Essay Topic 3
Louie is a breath of fresh air for Arty and Jay.
Part 1) How is Louie a breath of fresh air?
Part 2) How is Louie different from the boys' father, Eddie?
Part 3) How does the interaction between the boys and Louie help the audience to understand Louie?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)