|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
2. Who are Arty and Jay?
3. What is the setting of the play?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
5. What must Eddie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this scene further exemplify?
2. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
3. How does this act open?
4. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
5. What is wrong with Arty?
6. What are Jay's plans?
7. What has hurt the family?
8. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
9. What role does Bella play in this scene?
10. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children. Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior? Part 2) How does she come to this realization? Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
Essay Topic 2Eddie loved his wife unconditionally. Part 1) What has her death done to the family? Part 2) How does he sacrifice himself for her? Part 3) How does his sacrifice affect his children? What is the outcome of his sacrifice?
Essay Topic 3Bella's naÃ¯vetÃ© makes her seem like a child. Part 1) How does this affect the way she treats Arty and Jay? Part 2) What are her mother's thoughts on her behavior? Part 3) Why is she child-like?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)