|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
2. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
3. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
4. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
5. What has Bella always wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
3. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
4. What has happened to Bella?
5. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
6. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
7. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
8. Why is Bella in a good mood?
9. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
10. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Eddie loved his wife unconditionally.
Part 1) What has her death done to the family?
Part 2) How does he sacrifice himself for her?
Part 3) How does his sacrifice affect his children? What is the outcome of his sacrifice?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz is forced to view Bella differently.
Part 1) What is Grandma Kurnitz's original view of Bella?
Part 2) How does her view of her change?
Part 3) Why does she view Bella differently by the end of the play?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)