|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
2. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
4. Why will Eddie be doing this?
5. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
2. What has hurt the family?
3. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
4. What does this scene further exemplify?
5. What is the setting of the play?
6. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
7. Describe the boys' exit.
8. What do the boys learn about their father?
9. What have the boys found intriguing?
10. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 2
Arty and Jay do not want to stay with their grandmother.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) Why must they stay with their grandmother?
Part 3) How are they able to accept that they must stay with her?
Essay Topic 3
The author has masterfully portrayed characters.
Part 1) Prove this statement to be correct, using the text.
Part 2) To which character can you relate? Why?
Part 3) How does this play reflect life?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)