|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Johnny?
2. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
3. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
4. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
5. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much time has gone by?
2. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
3. Why is Bella happy the boys are still there?
4. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
5. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
6. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
7. Why is Bella in a good mood?
8. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
9. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
10. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bella is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children.
Part 1) How is she the bravest?
Part 2) Why are the other children not as brave?
Part 3) How does her bravery help her grow closer to her family?
Essay Topic 2
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bella's naÃ¯vetÃ© makes her seem like a child.
Part 1) How does this affect the way she treats Arty and Jay?
Part 2) What are her mother's thoughts on her behavior?
Part 3) Why is she child-like?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)