|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
2. How does Eddie tell the boys?
3. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
4. How could finding this help Bella?
5. Who is Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Bella's plans changed?
2. What has happened to Bella?
3. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
4. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
5. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
6. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
7. What have the boys found intriguing?
8. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
9. How does the play end?
10. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eddie loved his wife unconditionally.
Part 1) What has her death done to the family?
Part 2) How does he sacrifice himself for her?
Part 3) How does his sacrifice affect his children? What is the outcome of his sacrifice?
Essay Topic 2
Bella has her fantasy world into which she escapes.
Part 1) What fantasies does she have in this play?
Part 2) How does she handle these fantasies when they do not become reality?
Part 3) How does her character become more independent? What feelings does the growth in this character evoke in the audience and readers?
Essay Topic 3
Grandma Kurnitz had shut down emotionally after the loss of two of her children.
Part 1) What is she beginning to realize about this behavior?
Part 2) How does she come to this realization?
Part 3) How does this realization affect the other family members?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)