|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
Essay Topic 1
The family meeting is climactic.
Part 1) What is a climax?
Part 2) How is this meeting climactic?
Part 3) Compare the play up to this point to the end of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Bella's naÃ¯vetÃ© makes her seem like a child.
Part 1) How does this affect the way she treats Arty and Jay?
Part 2) What are her mother's thoughts on her behavior?
Part 3) Why is she child-like?
Essay Topic 3
Louie survives by outsmarting the system.
Part 1) How does he outsmart the system?
Part 2) From whom does he run and hide?
Part 3) Will he be successful in life? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)