|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
(a) It begins with Bella speaking.
(b) It begins with Grandma speaking.
(c) It begins with Eddie's voice.
(d) It begins with a voice-over.
2. What does Bella bring up?
(a) The lack of a father figure in Jay and Arty's lives.
(b) Louie's trouble with the men in the car.
(c) The two children who died.
(d) Her mother's lack of intimacy.
3. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A good man.
(b) The chance to have a child.
(c) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
(d) A normal life.
4. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
(a) Under the table.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's room
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Her room.
5. What are the boys doing?
(a) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
(b) Talking to their father on the phone.
(d) Doing schoolwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
2. What does Louis tell the boys?
3. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
4. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
5. How does Grandma Kurnitz react to what Bella divulges?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)