|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
(a) The support of the others.
(b) Money from the others.
(c) The suggestions of the others.
(d) Food from the others.
2. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They have not been affected by her.
(b) They have moved out and never spoken to her again.
(c) They suffer in some personal way from her lack of affection.
(d) They ignore her.
3. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(b) He worries about their father.
(c) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
(d) He does not like Uncle Louie.
4. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) Jay and Arty.
(b) Anyone else.
(c) Bella's children.
(d) The neighbors.
5. Why does Eddie have to leave the room?
(a) His mother asks him to leave.
(b) He wants to see the boys.
(c) Before his emotions overtake him.
(d) He is angry with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Johnny's mind changed?
2. What does Jay do as soon as Louie emerges from the shower?
3. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
4. What does Bella bring up?
5. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)