|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
(a) Their fascination with Louie.
(b) Their fascination with their pet rat.
(c) Their fascination with Bella.
(d) Their fascination with Grandma Kurnitz.
2. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
(a) Louie enters.
(b) Jay pulls Arty up to their room.
(c) Arty laughs at her.
(d) Bella calls for the boys.
3. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A good man.
(b) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
(c) The chance to have a child.
(d) A normal life.
4. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
5. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He has not come down into the store to work.
(b) He is still sick.
(c) He fell down and cannot get up.
(d) He will not come down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
2. Why does he change his mind?
3. What does Bella share with her mother?
4. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
5. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)