|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
(a) At Bella's request.
(b) She made a large amount of food.
(c) She enjoys being in control.
(d) She does not want him to leave.
2. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(a) Receiving letters from their father.
(b) The household.
3. How does Grandma Kurnitz react to what Bella divulges?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is not surprised.
(d) She is sad.
4. What does Jay help Bella convey?
(a) How much she loves her family.
(b) That she is no longer marrying Johnny.
(c) That she is going to marry Johnny.
(d) How frustrated she is with her mother.
5. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) The boys love to hear from their father.
(b) He knows they love anything sweet.
(c) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(d) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
2. With what is Arty sick?
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
4. What does Bella hope will happen?
5. What does the letter say?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)