|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
(a) Louie enters.
(b) Bella calls for the boys.
(c) Jay pulls Arty up to their room.
(d) Arty laughs at her.
2. How does Bella arrive home?
(b) Full of enthusiasm.
(d) Drained of energy.
3. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) It was not earned honestly.
(b) She is very wealthy.
(c) She knows he is poor.
(d) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
4. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(b) Hot mustard soup.
5. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) Bella's children.
(b) Jay and Arty.
(c) Anyone else.
(d) The neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
2. What does Louie share with the boys?
3. What can Eddie not allow his mother to see?
4. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
5. What does Louis tell the boys?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)