|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(b) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
(c) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(d) He worries about their father.
2. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He wants to move to another city.
(b) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
(c) He does not want to open a restaurant.
(d) He does not want children.
3. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
(a) She is contemplating her life.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is smiling.
(d) She watches Bella go and shakes her head in bemused acceptance.
4. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A normal life.
(b) A good man.
(c) The chance to have a child.
(d) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
5. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
(a) Angry at her mother.
(b) Very sure of herself.
(d) Completely unsure of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
2. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
3. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
4. With what is Arty sick?
5. How does Louie feel about this new restriction on his evening plans?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)