|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Louie insulted?
(a) When Grandma Kurnitz returns $100 that Louie had left on her bureau.
(b) When Bella asks him to leave.
(c) When his mother tells him he is worthless.
(d) When the boys tell him they do not want him around anymore.
2. Where is Eddie, while the boys wait for him?
(a) At Uncle Louie's.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's room.
(c) At work.
(d) In the south.
3. About whom do the boys talk?
(c) Uncle Louie.
4. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
(a) His cousin in Denver.
(b) His father.
(c) The mysterious men who are looking for Louie.
5. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He is still sick.
(b) He has not come down into the store to work.
(c) He will not come down.
(d) He fell down and cannot get up.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the basketball?
2. For what is the family gathering?
3. How does Louie respond to this news?
4. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
5. With what is Arty sick?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)