|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
(a) She does not want him to leave.
(b) She enjoys being in control.
(c) She made a large amount of food.
(d) At Bella's request.
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
(a) She is contemplating her life.
(b) She is smiling.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She watches Bella go and shakes her head in bemused acceptance.
3. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) The boys love to hear from their father.
(b) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
(c) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(d) He knows they love anything sweet.
4. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(a) Receiving letters from their father.
(b) The household.
5. What does Bella bring up?
(a) The lack of a father figure in Jay and Arty's lives.
(b) The two children who died.
(c) Her mother's lack of intimacy.
(d) Louie's trouble with the men in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the football?
2. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
3. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
4. What has Louie given her?
5. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)