|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
(a) The mysterious men who are looking for Louie.
(b) His cousin in Denver.
(c) His father.
2. Where has Bella been staying?
(a) Her friend's.
(d) Aunt Gert's.
3. Why does he change his mind?
(a) His parents' love is secure.
(b) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
(c) He is nervous about owning a business.
(d) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
4. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They beg her.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) They try to talk to her.
(d) They avoid her.
5. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He does not want children.
(b) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
(c) He does not want to open a restaurant.
(d) He wants to move to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
2. How does Louie feel about the news?
3. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
4. What does the letter say?
5. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)