|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he change his mind?
(a) He is nervous about owning a business.
(b) His parents' love is secure.
(c) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
(d) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
(a) She is smiling.
(b) She is contemplating her life.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She watches Bella go and shakes her head in bemused acceptance.
3. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
(a) Her room.
(b) The porch.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
4. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She has gifts for them.
(b) She wants to say goodbye.
(c) She worries about them.
(d) She wants to tell them something.
5. How many months have gone by?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma Kurnitz react to what Bella divulges?
2. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
3. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
4. Where is Uncle Louie?
5. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)