|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is the voice-over?
(a) Eddie's letter to Arty and Jay
(b) Grandma arguing with Bella.
(c) Arty and Jay's letter to their father.
(d) An announcement about refreshments offered during intermission.
2. Who are Arty and Jay?
3. Who is Johnny?
(a) The usher from the theater.
(b) The boy who mows the grass.
(c) The boy next door.
(d) Grandma's boyfriend.
4. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(b) They are settling in.
5. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
(c) Her driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could finding this help Bella?
2. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
3. With what has Eddie been challenged?
4. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
5. What will Eddie be doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play end?
2. How does this scene begin?
3. How does the scene open?
4. What has happened to Bella?
5. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
6. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
7. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
8. What is the setting of the play?
9. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
10. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)