|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scene open?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz is arguing with Bella.
(b) Eddie is saying goodbye to his sons.
(c) Arty and Jay are eating candy in the store.
(d) Two boys, Arty and Jay, sit uncomfortably on the couch waiting for their Father, Eddie, to emerge from Grandma's bedroom.
2. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They cry.
(c) They are excited.
(d) The boys' discomfort escalates.
3. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with Bella.
(b) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(c) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
(d) This scene begins with a voice-over.
4. What have Arty and Jay received?
(a) Report cards.
(b) A note from the doctor.
(c) Letters from their mother.
(d) Another letter from their father.
5. What will Eddie be doing?
(a) Borrowing money from a loan shark.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) Borrowing more money.
(d) Selling scrap metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates the boys?
2. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
3. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
4. For whom are the two men looking?
5. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
2. How does this act open?
3. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
4. What do the boys like about their uncle?
5. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
6. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
7. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
8. What does Louis share with the boys?
9. Why is Bella moving stealthily? What is the outcome?
10. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)