|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
(a) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(b) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
(c) Mendelssohn's Violin Shop.
(d) Jacopo's Diner.
2. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It does not frighten them.
(b) It awakens them.
(c) It goes unnoticed.
(d) It excites them.
3. With what good news is Bella bursting?
(a) The good news that she intends to marry Johnny.
(b) She has a job at the movie theatre.
(c) She is moving.
(d) She got into night school.
4. What has Eddie taken?
(a) Money from a bank.
(b) A job.
(c) His sons to live with him.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
5. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) He believes he has control over her life.
(b) Eddie will be successful.
(c) Bella is a strong woman.
(d) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Eddie been challenged?
2. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
3. How must Bella feel about movies?
4. Where are two strange men located?
5. What must Eddie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
2. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
3. How does the play end?
4. How have Bella's plans changed?
5. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
6. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. What do the boys learn about their father?
9. How are the boys helping out at their grandma's house?
10. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)