|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the war to Eddie?
(b) Bad news.
(c) Good news.
(d) Nothing new.
2. With what good news is Bella bursting?
(a) The good news that she intends to marry Johnny.
(b) She has a job at the movie theatre.
(c) She got into night school.
(d) She is moving.
3. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
(a) He found a lump.
(b) It is due to stress.
(c) Horses are healthy.
(d) Eddie is extremely ill.
4. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
(b) Eddie will be successful.
(c) He believes he has control over her life.
(d) Bella is a strong woman.
5. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
(a) He is going to find Eddie.
(b) He is moving in with them.
(c) The gun is not his.
(d) He is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Bella seem like a child?
2. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
3. What are the boys trying to do?
4. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
5. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
2. Why is Bella in a good mood?
3. What do the boys learn about their father?
4. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
5. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
6. How does the family find out about Johnny?
7. What has happened to Bella?
8. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
9. What do the boys like about their uncle?
10. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)