|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
(a) Bored and annoyed.
(b) Angry and upset.
(c) Unsure and irritated.
(d) Excited and anxious.
2. Whose feelings were mutual?
(a) Eddie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) The boys' feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(c) The boys' mother's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(d) Louie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
3. What makes Bella seem like a child?
(a) She wears clothing similar to that of little girls.
(b) Her naïveté.
(c) She loves dolls.
(d) She has a high-pitched voice.
4. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
(a) They tell the two men where to find their uncle.
(b) They call him and ask him.
(c) They let their imaginations work overtime.
(d) They worry about him.
5. For what is Eddie being treated?
(c) A cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
2. What does it mean to be stealthy?
3. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
5. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
3. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
4. How do the boys become even more mesmerized by their uncle?
5. Why is Bella in a good mood?
6. How does this act open?
7. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
8. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
9. How does Bella react to their responses?
10. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)