|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
(a) The boys' discomfort escalates.
(b) They cry.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are excited.
2. What is the war to Eddie?
(a) Nothing new.
(b) Bad news.
(c) Good news.
3. Whose feelings were mutual?
(a) Eddie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) The boys' feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(c) Louie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(d) The boys' mother's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
4. Describe Grandma's life.
5. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
(c) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(d) She does not want to wake the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
2. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
3. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
4. Why does it fascinate them?
5. Who is Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
2. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
3. What has happened to Bella?
4. What is the setting of the play?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
7. How does the scene open?
8. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
9. How do the boys become even more mesmerized by their uncle?
10. How does this scene begin?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)