|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bella able to understand this?
(a) She knows Louie better than Louie knows himself.
(b) She loves Eddie.
(c) She has felt the lack of love throughout her entire life.
(d) She is good with money.
2. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(b) He loves to work.
(c) He enjoys his job.
(d) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
3. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
(a) He only has a few days to live.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has an irregular heartbeat.
(d) He is as healthy as a horse.
4. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
(c) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
(d) His brother during a game of tag.
5. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) An important conversation.
(b) A light-hearted discussion.
(c) An argument.
(d) A business agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie tell the boys?
2. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
3. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
4. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
5. With what has Eddie been challenged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the boys helping out at their grandma's house?
2. How are the boys doing at their Grandma's house?
3. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
4. What are Jay's plans?
5. How does the family find out about Johnny?
6. What does this scene further exemplify?
7. How does this act open?
8. How does Bella react to their responses?
9. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
10. What do the boys learn about their father?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)