|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
(a) It is due to stress.
(b) Eddie is extremely ill.
(c) He found a lump.
(d) Horses are healthy.
2. How must Bella feel about movies?
3. Why are their feelings short-lived?
(a) It is just Grandma.
(b) The man introduces himself as their Uncle Louie.
(c) The man leaves quickly.
(d) It is their father.
4. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(b) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
5. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
(b) They have been living out of the country since birth.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
2. What has the war done for Eddie?
3. To whom is this character speaking?
4. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
5. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this scene begin?
2. Why is Bella moving stealthily? What is the outcome?
3. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
4. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
5. How does the family find out about Johnny?
6. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
7. What has happened to Uncle Louie?
8. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
9. How does Louis feel about being forced to stay longer at Grandma's house?
10. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)