|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bella always wanted?
(a) Go to school.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) To work at the movie theatre.
(d) To be married and have children.
2. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
(a) She writes her a letter.
(b) She hears her.
(c) She sleeps right through.
(d) She talks to her in the morning.
3. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) An argument.
(b) A light-hearted discussion.
(c) A business agreement.
(d) An important conversation.
4. How could finding this help Bella?
(a) It would help her solve the dead man's mystery.
(b) It would be an answer to her prayers.
(c) It would look pretty on her.
(d) She could protect herself with it.
5. From where does Bella arrive home?
(b) Another afternoon at the movies.
(c) Her friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jay contemplating.
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. Who is Johnny?
4. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
5. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. What do the boys learn about their father?
3. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
4. Describe the boys' exit.
5. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
6. How does the family find out about Johnny?
7. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
8. How does this scene begin?
9. Why is Bella happy the boys are still there?
10. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)