|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
(d) World weary.
2. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
3. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
(a) The movie theatre.
(b) Her business deal.
(c) Her quirky life.
(d) A party.
4. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
(a) Family members.
5. Whose living room is it?
(a) Arty Kurnitz's.
(b) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(d) Eddie Kurnitz's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Arty and Jay?
2. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
3. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
4. Describe Bella.
5. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has hurt the family?
2. How much time has gone by?
3. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
4. How does the family react to Bella's news?
5. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
6. How does this scene begin?
7. How does Bella react to their responses?
8. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
9. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
10. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)