|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
(a) $1 a week.
(b) $5 a week.
(c) Another pet.
(d) A new toy.
2. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the car.
(b) In her back pocket.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) In a bank.
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He found Grandma's treasure.
(b) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(c) He is on the run from the law.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
4. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He is searching for his wife.
(b) He is leaving his children permanently.
(c) He loves his job.
(d) He is working himself to exhaustion.
5. Why will Eddie be doing this?
(a) It is the quickest legal way to earn the money.
(b) He has broken the law.
(c) He trusts the loan shark.
(d) He needs to borrow more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose feelings were mutual?
2. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
3. What has Bella always wanted?
4. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
5. What does it mean to be stealthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
2. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
3. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
4. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
5. How does the scene open?
6. How does the scene open?
7. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
8. Why is Bella enthusiastic?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)