|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How must Bella feel about movies?
2. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding Spanish.
(b) Understanding the foreign currency.
(c) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
(d) Understanding the southern accents.
3. What have Arty and Jay received?
(a) Report cards.
(b) A note from the doctor.
(c) Another letter from their father.
(d) Letters from their mother.
4. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
(a) $1 a week.
(b) Another pet.
(c) $5 a week.
(d) A new toy.
5. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
(a) Eddie is extremely ill.
(b) He found a lump.
(c) It is due to stress.
(d) Horses are healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
2. What is Jay contemplating.
3. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
4. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
5. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
2. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
3. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
4. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
5. How does this act open?
6. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
7. How does Bella react to their responses?
8. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
9. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
10. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)