|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) An important conversation.
(b) A business agreement.
(c) An argument.
(d) A light-hearted discussion.
2. Describe Grandma's life.
3. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
(a) Bella, because she can take care of herself.
(b) His life, which he says he has under control.
(c) Getting into the ice cream and treats downstairs at the store.
(d) Their father who will be coming home soon.
4. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
(b) Into the southern states.
(d) The Bronx.
5. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
(a) How to save money.
(b) How to love the two boys.
(c) What Louie is doing with his life.
(d) Where to find Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are two strange men located?
2. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
3. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
4. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
5. What does Bella do all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
2. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
3. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
4. How strong is Bella compared to her siblings?
5. How have Bella's plans changed?
6. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
9. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
10. How does Bella react to their responses?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)