|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what good news is Bella bursting?
(a) She got into night school.
(b) She is moving.
(c) The good news that she intends to marry Johnny.
(d) She has a job at the movie theatre.
2. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It does not frighten them.
(b) It excites them.
(c) It goes unnoticed.
(d) It awakens them.
3. What fascinates the boys?
(a) Their new pet rat.
(b) Bella's boyfriend Johnny.
(c) Grandma's personality.
(d) Uncle Louie's demeanor.
4. For what is Eddie being treated?
(c) A cut.
5. What has Eddie been forced to do?
(a) Get a job as a coal miner.
(b) Borrow from a loan shark.
(c) Steal from his neighbors.
(d) End his wife's treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scene open?
2. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
3. What does it mean to be stealthy?
4. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
5. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eddie's experience as a salesman?
2. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
3. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
4. How does the scene open?
5. Why is Bella in a good mood?
6. What have the boys found intriguing?
7. What do the boys like about their uncle?
8. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
9. Describe the boys' exit.
10. How does the family react to Bella's news?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)