|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
(a) It is due to stress.
(b) Eddie is extremely ill.
(c) He found a lump.
(d) Horses are healthy.
2. What has Eddie taken?
(a) Money from a bank.
(b) His sons to live with him.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
(d) A job.
3. Who are Arty and Jay?
4. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
(a) No one can attain these dreams.
(b) Boyfriends will get you nowhere.
(c) Only wealthy people can have dreams like that.
(d) The people who have the dreams have no chance of attaining them.
5. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) An argument.
(b) A light-hearted discussion.
(c) A business agreement.
(d) An important conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
2. From where does Bella arrive home?
3. Whose feelings were mutual?
4. With what good news is Bella bursting?
5. Who is Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boys' exit.
2. What are Jay's plans?
3. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
4. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
5. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
6. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
7. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
8. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
9. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
10. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)