Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(b) They are settling in.
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
(a) He trusts the loan shark.
(b) It is the quickest legal way to earn the money.
(c) He needs to borrow more money.
(d) He has broken the law.
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(b) He is on the run from the law.
(c) He found Grandma's treasure.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Catholics.
(b) Finding other Jewish people.
(c) Finding other Muslims.
(d) Finding other Hindus.
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
(a) Keep the boys.
(b) Allow Eddie to stay.
(c) Make dinner for the family.
(d) To let the boys go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
2. What does Louie eventually reveal?
3. What does Bella do all the time?
4. With what good news is Bella bursting?
5. Whose living room is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
2. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
3. How does this scene begin?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
6. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
7. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
8. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
9. How does the family react to Bella's news?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)