|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Bella.
(a) Sad and nervous.
(b) Bright and a know-it-all.
(c) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
(d) Angry and mean.
2. For what is Eddie being treated?
(a) A cut.
3. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(b) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(c) She sends her to her room.
(d) She tells her to go see another movie.
4. For whom are the two men looking?
(b) The boys' Uncle Louie.
5. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
(a) For wasting money on movies and movie magazines.
(b) For stealing from them.
(c) For sneaking into the apartment.
(d) For not getting a real job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bella able to understand this?
2. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
3. Who are Arty and Jay?
4. How does the scene open?
5. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
2. How does this scene begin?
3. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
4. How does Grandma respond to Bella's behavior?
5. How does the family find out about Johnny?
6. How does the play end?
7. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
8. Why is Bella in a good mood?
9. Describe the boys' exit.
10. How have Bella's plans changed?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)