|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does it fascinate them?
(a) They have never had a pet.
(b) He is funny, nice, and brings the boys candy.
(c) She is unlike anyone they have ever met.
(d) He is a smooth talker and carries a black satchel of money.
2. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
(a) Mendelssohn's Violin Shop.
(b) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
(c) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(d) Jacopo's Diner.
3. From where does Bella arrive home?
(a) Her friend's home.
(b) Another afternoon at the movies.
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
(a) He has cancer.
(b) He is as healthy as a horse.
(c) He has an irregular heartbeat.
(d) He only has a few days to live.
5. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
(b) His brother during a game of tag.
(d) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
2. What does it mean to be stealthy?
3. With what good news is Bella bursting?
4. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
5. What does Bella do all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this scene further exemplify?
2. What has happened to Bella?
3. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
4. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
5. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
6. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
7. How does this scene begin?
8. How strong is Bella compared to her siblings?
9. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
10. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)