|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Send it to Eddie.
(d) Tell his Uncle Louie.
2. What has the war done for Eddie?
(a) Killed his wife.
(b) It has provided a relatively high-paying job in scrap iron that would never have existed before.
(c) Caused him to lose his job.
(d) It has paralyzed him from being thrown from his vehicle.
3. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He is working himself to exhaustion.
(b) He loves his job.
(c) He is leaving his children permanently.
(d) He is searching for his wife.
4. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
(a) To have children right away.
(b) To go back to school together.
(c) To open a restaurant together.
(d) To move into Grandma Kurnitz's home.
5. How does the scene open?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz is arguing with Bella.
(b) Eddie is saying goodbye to his sons.
(c) Arty and Jay are eating candy in the store.
(d) Two boys, Arty and Jay, sit uncomfortably on the couch waiting for their Father, Eddie, to emerge from Grandma's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
2. What is the setting of the play?
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
4. Whose living room is it?
5. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family react to Bella's news?
2. What role does Bella play in this scene?
3. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
4. Why do the boys feel the way they do?
5. What does this scene further exemplify?
6. Why is Jay scrambling upstairs?
7. What does Grandma take away from Bella?
8. How have Bella's plans changed?
9. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
10. How does this scene begin?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)