|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He is on the run from the law.
(b) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
(c) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(d) He found Grandma's treasure.
2. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
(a) How to save money.
(b) How to love the two boys.
(c) Where to find Eddie.
(d) What Louie is doing with his life.
3. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(b) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(d) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
4. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) Eddie will be successful.
(b) Bella is a strong woman.
(c) He believes he has control over her life.
(d) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
5. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) A new kid on the block.
(c) A black Studebaker.
(d) Grandma's boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
2. With what good news is Bella bursting?
3. What is the war to Eddie?
4. What has Bella always wanted?
5. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
2. Describe the confrontation between Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
3. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
4. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
5. How are the boys helping out at their grandma's house?
6. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
7. How grateful is Eddie for what his mother has done for him?
8. What is the setting of the play?
9. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
10. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)