|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Jewish people.
(b) Finding other Muslims.
(c) Finding other Hindus.
(d) Finding other Catholics.
2. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He found Grandma's treasure.
(b) He is on the run from the law.
(c) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
3. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
(b) Mental illness.
(c) Birth defects.
4. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) Into the southern states.
5. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
(a) He is ready for a new wife.
(b) He is a dishonorable man.
(c) He is doing an honorable thing by taking this job.
(d) He will be staying with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Eddie being treated?
2. How could finding this help Bella?
3. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
4. Describe Bella.
5. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Bella's plans changed?
2. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
3. What are Jay's plans?
4. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
5. How do Jay's feelings for his uncle grow?
6. How does Louie feel about being at Grandma's home? About what is Bella adamant?
7. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
8. What have the boys found intriguing?
9. When do the boys' feelings escalate?
10. Why is the boys' fear short-lived?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)