|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are their feelings short-lived?
(a) It is their father.
(b) The man leaves quickly.
(c) It is just Grandma.
(d) The man introduces himself as their Uncle Louie.
2. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) He believes he has control over her life.
(b) Bella is a strong woman.
(c) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
(d) Eddie will be successful.
3. What have Arty and Jay received?
(a) Report cards.
(b) A note from the doctor.
(c) Letters from their mother.
(d) Another letter from their father.
4. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
(a) His life, which he says he has under control.
(b) Bella, because she can take care of herself.
(c) Getting into the ice cream and treats downstairs at the store.
(d) Their father who will be coming home soon.
5. For what is Eddie being treated?
(c) A cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does it fascinate them?
2. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
3. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
4. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
5. What has Eddie taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the boys go to sleep at night?
2. How does the family find out about Johnny?
3. How strong is Bella compared to her siblings?
4. How does Bella react to their responses?
5. What is the setting of the play?
6. What does the letter mention about Eddie's health?
7. What is hiding in Grandma's house?
8. What do Bella and Jay think about what is hiding in Grandma's house?
9. What has hurt the family?
10. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)