|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) A black Studebaker.
(c) Grandma's boyfriend.
(d) A new kid on the block.
2. Of what is the voice-over?
(a) An announcement about refreshments offered during intermission.
(b) Arty and Jay's letter to their father.
(c) Grandma arguing with Bella.
(d) Eddie's letter to Arty and Jay
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
(a) Calling Eddie.
(b) Endorsing her daughter's dreams.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Sending the boys to school.
4. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
(c) World weary.
5. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
(b) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(c) This scene begins with a voice-over.
(d) This scene begins with Bella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
2. What has Eddie taken?
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
4. What does Bella enjoy doing?
5. What has Bella always wanted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the boys' exit.
2. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
3. What is clear about Eddie in this scene?
4. What does Bella do, now that her plans have changed?
5. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
6. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
7. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
8. What happens when Grandma Kurnitz and Bella see one another?
9. How does Louie react to Jay's question?
10. What do the boys like about their uncle?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)