|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johnny?
(a) The usher from the theater.
(b) The boy who mows the grass.
(c) Grandma's boyfriend.
(d) The boy next door.
2. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) His wife is also moving in.
(b) He is taking them with him.
(c) The truth.
(d) He is going to join Eddie.
3. Of what is the voice-over?
(a) An announcement about refreshments offered during intermission.
(b) Arty and Jay's letter to their father.
(c) Grandma arguing with Bella.
(d) Eddie's letter to Arty and Jay
4. What has Bella always wanted?
(a) To be married and have children.
(b) To work at the movie theatre.
(c) Go to school.
(d) Be a teacher.
5. What does it mean to be stealthy?
(a) Strong and healthy.
(b) Secret in action or character.
(c) Ignorant and lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
2. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
3. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
4. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
5. What is below the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does this act open?
2. What will Eddie be doing to pay back the loan shark?
3. How is the opening of this scene different than the other scenes?
4. How does the family react to Bella's news?
5. Why is Bella happy the boys are still there?
6. What does Louie do to help both the boys and himself?
7. Why is the situation with Johnny convenient?
8. Why does Grandma react the way she does to Bella's behavior?
9. How does the family find out about Johnny?
10. How do Gert and Grandma kurnitz react?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)