|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
(a) Her room.
(b) Under the table.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz's room
2. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
3. About what is Bella adamant?
(a) That she move out.
(b) That Louie leave.
(c) That he stay to hear what she wants to say.
(d) That the boys stay.
4. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) Her new friend.
(c) Her new boyfriend.
(d) The neighbors.
5. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(a) Hot mustard soup.
6. How does Louie feel about the news?
(b) Angry and upset.
7. How does Bella arrive home?
(b) Full of enthusiasm.
(d) Drained of energy.
8. What does Bella begin to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Talk to the boys.
(b) Put her things away.
(c) Pack her bags.
(d) Call Louie.
9. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
(a) The support of the others.
(b) Food from the others.
(c) Money from the others.
(d) The suggestions of the others.
10. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(a) Their mother.
11. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(b) To run away to New York City.
(c) To save money to buy a new game.
(d) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
12. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
(a) It is a mature decision.
(b) It is a good idea.
(c) It is not surprising.
(d) It is foolishness.
13. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
(a) Grandma has not come out of her room.
(b) Aunt Bella has been gone for two nights ever since the argument after dinner the other night.
(c) They have not heard from their father.
(d) Louie has left and has not given anyone news of his location.
14. About whom do the boys talk?
(a) Uncle Louie.
15. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He fell down and cannot get up.
(b) He will not come down.
(c) He has not come down into the store to work.
(d) He is still sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jay want to help?
2. Where is Uncle Louie?
3. Who is mildly consoling?
4. What does Jay swear to Louie?
5. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)