|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(c) Hot mustard soup.
2. What does she insist upon being?
(a) A career woman.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A wife and mother.
(d) An independent woman.
3. What does Jay do as soon as Louie emerges from the shower?
(a) He gives him a gift.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He surprises him.
(d) He pops the question about going with him.
4. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
5. For whom is the football?
6. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) He knows they love anything sweet.
(b) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(c) The boys love to hear from their father.
(d) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
7. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Jay.
(b) With a voice-over by Bella.
(c) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(d) With a voice-over by Arty.
8. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
(a) Money from the others.
(b) The support of the others.
(c) The suggestions of the others.
(d) Food from the others.
9. About what is Bella adamant?
(a) That the boys stay.
(b) That Louie leave.
(c) That he stay to hear what she wants to say.
(d) That she move out.
10. What does the letter say?
(a) How much Bella has enjoyed having the boys at home.
(b) How much Louie is annoyed with his mother.
(c) How much Eddie misses his children.
(d) How much he and Arty miss Eddie and want him to come back.
11. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They yell at her.
(b) They avoid her.
(c) They beg her.
(d) They try to talk to her.
12. What does Bella bring up?
(a) The two children who died.
(b) Louie's trouble with the men in the car.
(c) Her mother's lack of intimacy.
(d) The lack of a father figure in Jay and Arty's lives.
13. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He will return the gift.
(b) He does not plan to rob anybody.
(c) He will not surprise him ever again.
(d) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
14. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
(b) To run away to New York City.
(c) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(d) To save money to buy a new game.
15. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
(a) She fumbles.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She cannot speak.
(d) She begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the family members respond to this news?
2. What does Bella begin to do at the end of the scene?
3. Who is mildly consoling?
4. What has Louie given her?
5. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)