|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) Bella's children.
(b) Jay and Arty.
(c) Anyone else.
(d) The neighbors.
2. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
(a) It begins with a voice-over.
(b) It begins with Eddie's voice.
(c) It begins with Grandma speaking.
(d) It begins with Bella speaking.
3. Why does he change his mind?
(a) His parents' love is secure.
(b) He is nervous about owning a business.
(c) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
(d) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
4. What does the letter say?
(a) How much Louie is annoyed with his mother.
(b) How much Eddie misses his children.
(c) How much he and Arty miss Eddie and want him to come back.
(d) How much Bella has enjoyed having the boys at home.
5. About whom do the boys talk?
(c) Uncle Louie.
6. For whom is the basketball?
7. Where is Eddie, while the boys wait for him?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz's room.
(b) At work.
(c) In the south.
(d) At Uncle Louie's.
8. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That her mind is like that of a child.
(b) That she should move out.
(c) That she is intelligent.
(d) That Johnny is the right man for her.
9. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
(a) She is smiling.
(b) She is contemplating her life.
(c) She watches Bella go and shakes her head in bemused acceptance.
(d) She is crying.
10. How does Louie feel about this new restriction on his evening plans?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He is pleasantly surprised.
(c) He is slightly annoyed.
(d) He is uncomfortable with it.
11. For whom is the football?
12. Who is mildly consoling?
13. How do the family members respond to this news?
(a) They are irritated.
(b) They are not surprised.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They do not understand.
14. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A good man.
(b) A normal life.
(c) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
(d) The chance to have a child.
15. Who does Jay want to help?
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
2. Where has Bella been staying?
3. What does Jay help Bella convey?
4. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
5. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)