|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mildly consoling?
2. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
(a) It begins with Eddie's voice.
(b) It begins with Bella speaking.
(c) It begins with a voice-over.
(d) It begins with Grandma speaking.
3. About what is Bella adamant?
(a) That she move out.
(b) That the boys stay.
(c) That Louie leave.
(d) That he stay to hear what she wants to say.
4. What does she insist upon being?
(a) An independent woman.
(b) A wife and mother.
(c) A career woman.
(d) A girlfriend.
5. How is Louie insulted?
(a) When the boys tell him they do not want him around anymore.
(b) When Bella asks him to leave.
(c) When his mother tells him he is worthless.
(d) When Grandma Kurnitz returns $100 that Louie had left on her bureau.
6. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Jay.
(b) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(c) With a voice-over by Arty.
(d) With a voice-over by Bella.
7. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
(a) It is a good idea.
(b) It is foolishness.
(c) It is not surprising.
(d) It is a mature decision.
8. What does Bella want to tell everyone tonight?
(a) She is tired of the movie theatre.
(b) She does not like her new job.
(c) She is going to be married.
(d) She wants to move out.
9. What kind of life does Bella want?
(a) One where she can love somebody and know that that love will be returned.
(b) One where there are lots of children.
(c) One where she has all the power and money.
(d) One where she is not near her mother.
10. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
(a) Her room.
(b) The porch.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What does Jay help Bella convey?
(a) How frustrated she is with her mother.
(b) That she is going to marry Johnny.
(c) That she is no longer marrying Johnny.
(d) How much she loves her family.
12. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To get some sleep.
(b) To avoid going to work.
(c) For exhaustion.
(d) To visit his wife.
13. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin in Denver.
(c) The mysterious men who are looking for Louie.
14. What does Jay do as soon as Louie emerges from the shower?
(a) He gives him a gift.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He surprises him.
(d) He pops the question about going with him.
15. Why does Eddie have to leave the room?
(a) Before his emotions overtake him.
(b) His mother asks him to leave.
(c) He is angry with his mother.
(d) He wants to see the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months have gone by?
2. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
3. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
4. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
5. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)