|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom do the boys talk?
(a) Uncle Louie.
2. What are the boys doing?
(a) Doing schoolwork.
(c) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
(d) Talking to their father on the phone.
3. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(d) Hot mustard soup.
4. With what is Arty sick?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A fever.
5. Where has Bella been staying?
(b) Her friend's.
(d) Aunt Gert's.
6. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) He knows they love anything sweet.
(b) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
(c) The boys love to hear from their father.
(d) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
7. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
(b) She knows he is poor.
(c) She is very wealthy.
(d) It was not earned honestly.
8. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She wants to tell them something.
(b) She worries about them.
(c) She has gifts for them.
(d) She wants to say goodbye.
9. What does Louis tell the boys?
(a) He is looking for the men in the black Studebaker.
(b) He needs a job.
(c) He wants them to come with him.
(d) He does not want any interaction with Grandma Kurnitz.
10. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They have moved out and never spoken to her again.
(c) They have not been affected by her.
(d) They suffer in some personal way from her lack of affection.
11. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
12. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(b) Receiving letters from their father.
(d) The household.
13. What has Louie given her?
(a) A wedding gift.
(b) The $5,000 for the restaurant.
(c) A hug.
(d) A letter to give to her mother.
14. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Jay.
(b) With a voice-over by Bella.
(c) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(d) With a voice-over by Arty.
15. How do the family members respond to this news?
(a) They do not understand.
(b) They are not surprised.
(c) They are irritated.
(d) They are angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jay help Bella convey?
2. How does Louie respond to this news?
3. How many months have gone by?
4. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
5. How is Louie insulted?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)