|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jay help Bella convey?
(a) That she is no longer marrying Johnny.
(b) How frustrated she is with her mother.
(c) How much she loves her family.
(d) That she is going to marry Johnny.
2. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
(b) He does not plan to rob anybody.
(c) He will not surprise him ever again.
(d) He will return the gift.
3. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
(a) Their fascination with Louie.
(b) Their fascination with Bella.
(c) Their fascination with Grandma Kurnitz.
(d) Their fascination with their pet rat.
4. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
(a) She is smiling.
(b) She is contemplating her life.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She watches Bella go and shakes her head in bemused acceptance.
5. How does Bella arrive home?
(b) Full of enthusiasm.
(d) Drained of energy.
6. For whom is the basketball?
7. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
(a) His business is finished.
(b) It is too dangerous for him to stay.
(c) He cares too much for the boys.
(d) He cannot stand Grandma.
8. Who is mildly consoling?
9. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
(a) Bella and Johnny.
(b) Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
(c) Louie and Bella.
(d) Gert and Bella.
10. About whom do the boys talk?
(a) Uncle Louie.
11. What does the letter say?
(a) How much Bella has enjoyed having the boys at home.
(b) How much he and Arty miss Eddie and want him to come back.
(c) How much Louie is annoyed with his mother.
(d) How much Eddie misses his children.
12. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
(a) Arty enjoys complaining to Grandma.
(b) She loves to argue.
(c) To force Arty to drink the horrible mustard soup.
(d) They do not agree over what to have for dinner.
13. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Bella.
(b) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(c) With a voice-over by Jay.
(d) With a voice-over by Arty.
14. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To avoid going to work.
(b) To get some sleep.
(c) For exhaustion.
(d) To visit his wife.
15. What kind of life does Bella want?
(a) One where she has all the power and money.
(b) One where she is not near her mother.
(c) One where she can love somebody and know that that love will be returned.
(d) One where there are lots of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the family gathering?
2. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
3. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
4. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
5. What does Bella say she was seeking?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)