|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
(a) Any more of Louie's yelling.
(b) Gert consoling Bella.
(c) The boys helping Bella.
(d) Any more of Bella's foolishness.
2. What can Eddie not allow his mother to see?
(a) Him leaving with the boys.
(b) His anger.
(c) The mother he has earned.
(d) He cannot let Grandma Kurnitz see him cry.
3. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(b) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(c) She has the feelings of a woman .
(d) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
4. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
(a) To force Arty to drink the horrible mustard soup.
(b) Arty enjoys complaining to Grandma.
(c) They do not agree over what to have for dinner.
(d) She loves to argue.
5. How does Louie respond to this news?
(a) He laughs very loudly.
(b) He yells at Bella.
(c) Louie loudly expresses his opinion about the man's real intentions toward Bella.
(d) He calls Johnny to tell him to leave his sister alone.
6. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
(b) She knows he is poor.
(c) It was not earned honestly.
(d) She is very wealthy.
7. How many months have gone by?
8. What are the boys doing?
(a) Doing schoolwork.
(b) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
(c) Talking to their father on the phone.
9. What does Bella divulge?
(a) The many intimate encounters she has had with men over the years.
(b) She does not love her mother.
(c) She has been intimate with Johnny.
(d) The many movies she has seen.
10. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
(b) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(c) To save money to buy a new game.
(d) To run away to New York City.
11. For what is the family gathering?
(a) A family meeting.
(b) A party.
(c) A photo.
(d) A wedding.
12. What does the letter say?
(a) How much Eddie misses his children.
(b) How much Louie is annoyed with his mother.
(c) How much Bella has enjoyed having the boys at home.
(d) How much he and Arty miss Eddie and want him to come back.
13. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) Her new friend.
14. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) He will be leaving tonight.
(b) His dinner.
(c) A letter from their father.
(d) A piece of chocolate.
15. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
(a) Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) Bella and Johnny.
(c) Gert and Bella.
(d) Louie and Bella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
2. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
5. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)