|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months have gone by?
2. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
(a) Their fascination with Bella.
(b) Their fascination with their pet rat.
(c) Their fascination with Louie.
(d) Their fascination with Grandma Kurnitz.
3. What does Bella bring up?
(a) The lack of a father figure in Jay and Arty's lives.
(b) The two children who died.
(c) Her mother's lack of intimacy.
(d) Louie's trouble with the men in the car.
4. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(c) Without a word.
5. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) It was not earned honestly.
(b) She knows he is poor.
(c) She is very wealthy.
(d) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
6. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Jay.
(b) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(c) With a voice-over by Bella.
(d) With a voice-over by Arty.
7. About what is Bella adamant?
(a) That the boys stay.
(b) That Louie leave.
(c) That she move out.
(d) That he stay to hear what she wants to say.
8. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
(b) Toys for the boys.
(d) Some money for food and medicine for the boys.
9. What does the letter say?
(a) How much Bella has enjoyed having the boys at home.
(b) How much Eddie misses his children.
(c) How much Louie is annoyed with his mother.
(d) How much he and Arty miss Eddie and want him to come back.
10. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(b) She has the feelings of a woman .
(c) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(d) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
11. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(c) Hot mustard soup.
12. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Her new friend.
(c) Her new boyfriend.
13. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) A piece of chocolate.
(b) He will be leaving tonight.
(c) His dinner.
(d) A letter from their father.
14. Where has Bella been staying?
(b) Her friend's.
(c) Aunt Gert's.
15. What are the boys doing?
(b) Talking to their father on the phone.
(c) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
(d) Doing schoolwork.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
2. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
3. What does Bella begin to do at the end of the scene?
4. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
5. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)