|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(c) The household.
(d) Receiving letters from their father.
2. For whom is the football?
3. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To run away to New York City.
(b) To save money to buy a new game.
(c) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
(d) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
4. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She has the feelings of a woman .
(b) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(c) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
(d) She has the feelings of a teenager.
5. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
(a) It is not a voice-over.
(b) It is not a letter.
(c) It is a letter from Jay to his father.
(d) It is a letter from Louie.
6. How many months have gone by?
7. Who does Jay want to help?
8. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
(b) Uncle Louie.
9. How does Grandma Kurnitz react to what Bella divulges?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is sad.
10. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
(a) Any more of Bella's foolishness.
(b) Any more of Louie's yelling.
(c) Gert consoling Bella.
(d) The boys helping Bella.
11. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(d) Without a word.
12. What is made even more intriguing for the boys?
(a) Their fascination with Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) Their fascination with Louie.
(c) Their fascination with Bella.
(d) Their fascination with their pet rat.
13. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He does not want children.
(b) He wants to move to another city.
(c) He does not want to open a restaurant.
(d) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
14. Why does he change his mind?
(a) He is nervous about owning a business.
(b) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
(c) His parents' love is secure.
(d) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
15. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(b) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(c) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
(d) He worries about their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Uncle Louie?
2. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
3. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
4. What are the boys doing?
5. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)