|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella bring up?
(a) The lack of a father figure in Jay and Arty's lives.
(b) Louie's trouble with the men in the car.
(c) The two children who died.
(d) Her mother's lack of intimacy.
2. Who does Jay want to help?
3. For what does Eddie thank Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) Keeping the boys.
(b) Giving his letters to the boys.
(c) Being kind to Bella.
(d) Making Louie leave.
4. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He is still sick.
(b) He fell down and cannot get up.
(c) He has not come down into the store to work.
(d) He will not come down.
5. What kind of life does Bella want?
(a) One where she is not near her mother.
(b) One where she can love somebody and know that that love will be returned.
(c) One where there are lots of children.
(d) One where she has all the power and money.
6. How does Louie feel about the news?
(a) Angry and upset.
7. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
(a) It begins with Bella speaking.
(b) It begins with Grandma speaking.
(c) It begins with Eddie's voice.
(d) It begins with a voice-over.
8. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
(a) Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) Louie and Bella.
(c) Gert and Bella.
(d) Bella and Johnny.
9. For whom is the football?
10. Where is Uncle Louie?
(b) In Guadalcanal.
(c) New York City.
11. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Jay and Arty.
(c) Anyone else.
(d) Bella's children.
12. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He wants to move to another city.
(b) He does not want to open a restaurant.
(c) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
(d) He does not want children.
13. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she is intelligent.
(b) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(c) That she should move out.
(d) That her mind is like that of a child.
14. How does Louie respond to this news?
(a) He laughs very loudly.
(b) He calls Johnny to tell him to leave his sister alone.
(c) He yells at Bella.
(d) Louie loudly expresses his opinion about the man's real intentions toward Bella.
15. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
(b) Completely unsure of herself.
(c) Angry at her mother.
(d) Very sure of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
2. For what is the family gathering?
3. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
4. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
5. What does Louis tell the boys?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)