|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(b) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
(c) To save money to buy a new game.
(d) To run away to New York City.
2. How is Louie insulted?
(a) When the boys tell him they do not want him around anymore.
(b) When his mother tells him he is worthless.
(c) When Grandma Kurnitz returns $100 that Louie had left on her bureau.
(d) When Bella asks him to leave.
3. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) Her new boyfriend.
(b) Her new friend.
(d) The neighbors.
4. What does Bella begin to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Talk to the boys.
(b) Pack her bags.
(c) Call Louie.
(d) Put her things away.
5. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) They say goodbye.
(c) They wave goodbye.
(d) They shake her hand.
6. Who is mildly consoling?
7. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(d) Hot mustard soup.
8. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) He will be leaving tonight.
(b) A letter from their father.
(c) A piece of chocolate.
(d) His dinner.
9. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
10. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A good man.
(b) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
(c) A normal life.
(d) The chance to have a child.
11. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she should move out.
(b) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(c) That she is intelligent.
(d) That her mind is like that of a child.
12. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) She knows he is poor.
(b) She is very wealthy.
(c) It was not earned honestly.
(d) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
13. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She has gifts for them.
(b) She worries about them.
(c) She wants to tell them something.
(d) She wants to say goodbye.
14. What can Eddie not allow his mother to see?
(a) The mother he has earned.
(b) Him leaving with the boys.
(c) His anger.
(d) He cannot let Grandma Kurnitz see him cry.
15. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) Anyone else.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Bella's children.
(d) Jay and Arty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Louie given her?
2. Why does Eddie have to leave the room?
3. About what is Bella adamant?
4. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
5. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)