|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(b) He knows they love anything sweet.
(c) The boys love to hear from their father.
(d) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
2. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz's room
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Under the table.
(d) Her room.
3. About whom do the boys talk?
(c) Uncle Louie.
4. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(b) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(c) He worries about their father.
(d) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
5. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Her room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The porch.
6. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
(a) Gert consoling Bella.
(b) The boys helping Bella.
(c) Any more of Bella's foolishness.
(d) Any more of Louie's yelling.
7. What does Bella say she was seeking?
(a) A good man.
(b) A normal life.
(c) The warmth that was lacking in her childhood.
(d) The chance to have a child.
8. For whom is the football?
9. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
10. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She wants to tell them something.
(b) She has gifts for them.
(c) She worries about them.
(d) She wants to say goodbye.
11. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
12. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(b) Without a word.
13. How does Louie feel about the news?
(c) Angry and upset.
14. What are the boys doing?
(a) Talking to their father on the phone.
(b) Doing schoolwork.
(c) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
15. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
(a) The mysterious men who are looking for Louie.
(b) His cousin in Denver.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
2. How is Louie insulted?
3. Where has Bella been staying?
4. Who is mildly consoling?
5. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)