|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(b) Hot mustard soup.
2. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
3. Why does Grandma have no need for the money from Louie?
(a) It was not earned honestly.
(b) She is very wealthy.
(c) She knows he is poor.
(d) The money would be more useful when given to someone else.
4. What does she insist upon being?
(a) A wife and mother.
(b) An independent woman.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A career woman.
5. What does Jay help Bella convey?
(a) That she is going to marry Johnny.
(b) How much she loves her family.
(c) That she is no longer marrying Johnny.
(d) How frustrated she is with her mother.
6. For what is the family gathering?
(a) A photo.
(b) A family meeting.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A party.
7. With what is Arty sick?
(a) A fever.
(c) Chicken pox.
8. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(b) The household.
(c) Receiving letters from their father.
9. Who is mildly consoling?
10. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
(a) It is not a voice-over.
(b) It is a letter from Louie.
(c) It is not a letter.
(d) It is a letter from Jay to his father.
11. For whom is the football?
12. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He does not plan to rob anybody.
(b) He will not surprise him ever again.
(c) He will return the gift.
(d) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
13. Why does he change his mind?
(a) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
(b) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
(c) His parents' love is secure.
(d) He is nervous about owning a business.
14. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(d) Without a word.
15. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
(a) She cannot speak.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She fumbles.
(d) She leaves the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
2. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
3. What kind of life does Bella want?
4. What has Louie given her?
5. Where is Eddie, while the boys wait for him?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)