|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
2. What does Bella share with her mother?
(a) The wedding is back on.
(b) That she has a new boyfriend.
(c) That she has found a new friend.
(d) She loves her.
3. What is Louie anxious to do?
(b) Move in.
(c) Talk to his mother.
(d) Take the boys with him.
4. How do the family members respond to this news?
(a) They are not surprised.
(b) They are irritated.
(c) They do not understand.
(d) They are angry.
5. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) A letter from their father.
(b) His dinner.
(c) A piece of chocolate.
(d) He will be leaving tonight.
6. How many months have gone by?
7. How does Louie feel about this new restriction on his evening plans?
(a) He is uncomfortable with it.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He is pleasantly surprised.
(d) He is slightly annoyed.
8. Into what have the boys settled by this time?
(a) Receiving letters from their father.
(b) The household.
9. How does Louie feel about the news?
(b) Angry and upset.
10. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
(a) They have not heard from their father.
(b) Aunt Bella has been gone for two nights ever since the argument after dinner the other night.
(c) Louie has left and has not given anyone news of his location.
(d) Grandma has not come out of her room.
11. Who is mildly consoling?
12. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
(a) Completely unsure of herself.
(b) Very sure of herself.
(d) Angry at her mother.
13. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
(a) He cannot stand Grandma.
(b) His business is finished.
(c) It is too dangerous for him to stay.
(d) He cares too much for the boys.
14. With what is Arty sick?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A fever.
15. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(a) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie have to leave the room?
2. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
3. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
5. For whom is the football?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)