|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the football?
2. What does Bella share with her mother?
(a) The wedding is back on.
(b) That she has a new boyfriend.
(c) She loves her.
(d) That she has found a new friend.
3. Where is Uncle Louie?
(a) In Guadalcanal.
(b) New York City.
4. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(b) Their mother.
5. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(b) To save money to buy a new game.
(c) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
(d) To run away to New York City.
6. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) He will be leaving tonight.
(b) A letter from their father.
(c) A piece of chocolate.
(d) His dinner.
7. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
(a) Some money for food and medicine for the boys.
(d) Toys for the boys.
8. For whom is the basketball?
9. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To get some sleep.
(b) For exhaustion.
(c) To avoid going to work.
(d) To visit his wife.
10. With what is Arty sick?
(b) A fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
11. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
(a) It is a letter from Louie.
(b) It is a letter from Jay to his father.
(c) It is not a letter.
(d) It is not a voice-over.
12. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
13. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
(c) Uncle Louie.
14. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The porch.
(d) Her room.
15. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she is intelligent.
(b) That she should move out.
(c) That her mind is like that of a child.
(d) That Johnny is the right man for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Bella adamant?
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
3. How is Louie insulted?
4. For what does Eddie thank Grandma Kurnitz?
5. What does Bella bring up?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)