|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
(a) Completely unsure of herself.
(b) Very sure of herself.
(c) Angry at her mother.
2. How many months have gone by?
3. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He will not come down.
(b) He has not come down into the store to work.
(c) He fell down and cannot get up.
(d) He is still sick.
4. What does Louis tell the boys?
(a) He needs a job.
(b) He wants them to come with him.
(c) He does not want any interaction with Grandma Kurnitz.
(d) He is looking for the men in the black Studebaker.
5. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He wants to move to another city.
(b) He does not want children.
(c) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
(d) He does not want to open a restaurant.
6. Who are once more alone in the apartment?
(a) Bella and Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) Louie and Bella.
(c) Bella and Johnny.
(d) Gert and Bella.
7. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He will return the gift.
(b) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
(c) He does not plan to rob anybody.
(d) He will not surprise him ever again.
8. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To visit his wife.
(b) For exhaustion.
(c) To avoid going to work.
(d) To get some sleep.
9. How does Louie feel about this new restriction on his evening plans?
(a) He is pleasantly surprised.
(b) He is uncomfortable with it.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is slightly annoyed.
10. What does Bella want to tell everyone tonight?
(a) She wants to move out.
(b) She is tired of the movie theatre.
(c) She is going to be married.
(d) She does not like her new job.
11. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) Anyone else.
(b) Bella's children.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Jay and Arty.
12. What does Bella share with her mother?
(a) That she has a new boyfriend.
(b) She loves her.
(c) The wedding is back on.
(d) That she has found a new friend.
13. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) They say goodbye.
(c) They wave goodbye.
(d) They shake her hand.
14. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She wants to tell them something.
(b) She wants to say goodbye.
(c) She worries about them.
(d) She has gifts for them.
15. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she should move out.
(b) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(c) That her mind is like that of a child.
(d) That she is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
3. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
4. What is Jay's plan?
5. What does Jay do as soon as Louie emerges from the shower?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)