|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
(a) His cousin in Denver.
(b) His father.
(d) The mysterious men who are looking for Louie.
2. How is Bella feeling about herself this moment?
(a) Very sure of herself.
(b) Angry at her mother.
(d) Completely unsure of herself.
3. How does Louie feel about the news?
(c) Angry and upset.
4. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) He will be leaving tonight.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) His dinner.
(d) A letter from their father.
5. What does Bella want to tell everyone tonight?
(a) She is tired of the movie theatre.
(b) She wants to move out.
(c) She does not like her new job.
(d) She is going to be married.
6. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Anyone else.
(c) Bella's children.
(d) Jay and Arty.
7. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) The neighbors.
(c) Her new friend.
(d) Her new boyfriend.
8. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(b) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(c) She has the feelings of a woman .
(d) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
9. What are the boys doing?
(a) Doing schoolwork.
(b) Clearing dinner dishes and setting up chairs.
(d) Talking to their father on the phone.
10. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He is still sick.
(b) He will not come down.
(c) He has not come down into the store to work.
(d) He fell down and cannot get up.
11. About whom do the boys talk?
(a) Uncle Louie.
12. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
(b) He knows they love anything sweet.
(c) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(d) The boys love to hear from their father.
13. What does Bella divulge?
(a) She does not love her mother.
(b) The many intimate encounters she has had with men over the years.
(c) She has been intimate with Johnny.
(d) The many movies she has seen.
14. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
(a) They do not agree over what to have for dinner.
(b) To force Arty to drink the horrible mustard soup.
(c) Arty enjoys complaining to Grandma.
(d) She loves to argue.
15. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she should move out.
(b) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(c) That her mind is like that of a child.
(d) That she is intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
2. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
3. What is Jay's plan?
4. For what is the family gathering?
5. What has Louie given her?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)