|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months have gone by?
2. Where is Uncle Louie?
(c) New York City.
(d) In Guadalcanal.
3. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
(a) Louie has left and has not given anyone news of his location.
(b) Grandma has not come out of her room.
(c) Aunt Bella has been gone for two nights ever since the argument after dinner the other night.
(d) They have not heard from their father.
4. What does Louis tell the boys?
(a) He does not want any interaction with Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) He needs a job.
(c) He wants them to come with him.
(d) He is looking for the men in the black Studebaker.
5. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(b) He worries about their father.
(c) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(d) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
6. What does Bella share with her mother?
(a) She loves her.
(b) That she has a new boyfriend.
(c) The wedding is back on.
(d) That she has found a new friend.
7. For what is the family gathering?
(a) A family meeting.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A party.
(d) A photo.
8. What does Bella hope will happen?
(a) She and Grandma will never speak again.
(b) She and Grandma Kurnitz can talk things over.
(c) She can keep her job at the movie theatres.
(d) She can still marry Johnny.
9. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They yell at her.
(b) They try to talk to her.
(c) They beg her.
(d) They avoid her.
10. Why must Grandma Kurnitz come upstairs to get Jay?
(a) He has not come down into the store to work.
(b) He fell down and cannot get up.
(c) He will not come down.
(d) He is still sick.
11. With what is Arty sick?
(a) Chicken pox.
(d) A fever.
12. In spite of all their differences, what do each of the family members need?
(a) Food from the others.
(b) The suggestions of the others.
(c) Money from the others.
(d) The support of the others.
13. About what is Bella adamant?
(a) That he stay to hear what she wants to say.
(b) That Louie leave.
(c) That the boys stay.
(d) That she move out.
14. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(c) Their mother.
15. To where does Bella disappear at the end of the scene?
(a) The porch.
(b) Her room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
2. What kind of life does Bella want?
3. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
4. Why does he change his mind?
5. What has Louie given her?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)