|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the family gathering?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A family meeting.
(c) A party.
(d) A photo.
2. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(b) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
(c) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(d) She has the feelings of a woman .
3. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That she is intelligent.
(b) That she should move out.
(c) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(d) That her mind is like that of a child.
4. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She wants to tell them something.
(b) She worries about them.
(c) She wants to say goodbye.
(d) She has gifts for them.
5. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) Her room.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's room
(d) Under the table.
6. How does this scene begin?
(a) With a voice-over by Arty.
(b) With a voice-over by Jay.
(c) With a voice-over by Bella.
(d) With another voice-over of Eddie's letter.
7. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
(a) Hot mustard soup.
8. How is the beginning of this scene the same as other scenes?
(a) It begins with a voice-over.
(b) It begins with Grandma speaking.
(c) It begins with Eddie's voice.
(d) It begins with Bella speaking.
9. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To avoid going to work.
(b) For exhaustion.
(c) To visit his wife.
(d) To get some sleep.
10. What does Jay do as soon as Louie emerges from the shower?
(a) He pops the question about going with him.
(b) He surprises him.
(c) He gives him a gift.
(d) He yells at him.
11. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(a) Their mother.
12. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
(b) Uncle Louie.
13. To what can Grandma Kurnitz not listen?
(a) The boys helping Bella.
(b) Any more of Louie's yelling.
(c) Gert consoling Bella.
(d) Any more of Bella's foolishness.
14. What does Bella begin to do at the end of the scene?
(a) Talk to the boys.
(b) Pack her bags.
(c) Put her things away.
(d) Call Louie.
15. Who is the bravest of all Grandma Kurnitz's children?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
2. What is Louie anxious to do?
3. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
4. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
5. Why does Eddie have to leave the room?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)