|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(b) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
(c) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(d) She has the feelings of a woman .
2. Why is Bella glad that the boys are still there?
(a) She worries about them.
(b) She wants to tell them something.
(c) She has gifts for them.
(d) She wants to say goodbye.
3. What does Louis tell the boys?
(a) He does not want any interaction with Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) He is looking for the men in the black Studebaker.
(c) He wants them to come with him.
(d) He needs a job.
4. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) They say goodbye.
(c) They shake her hand.
(d) They wave goodbye.
5. Who has returned to get Jay and Arty?
(c) Their mother.
6. What is Jay's plan?
(a) To tell Uncle Louie how he truly feels about him.
(b) To run away to New York City.
(c) To save money to buy a new game.
(d) To get out into the real world and make some money to send to Eddie.
7. What has Louie given her?
(a) A letter to give to her mother.
(b) A hug.
(c) The $5,000 for the restaurant.
(d) A wedding gift.
8. Where is Eddie, while the boys wait for him?
(a) In the south.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's room.
(c) At Uncle Louie's.
(d) At work.
9. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
(d) Uncle Louie.
10. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(a) Without a word.
11. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
(b) He does not plan to rob anybody.
(c) He will return the gift.
(d) He will not surprise him ever again.
12. How does Louie feel about the news?
(d) Angry and upset.
13. What happens as soon as Grandma leaves the room?
(a) Jay pulls Arty up to their room.
(b) Arty laughs at her.
(c) Bella calls for the boys.
(d) Louie enters.
14. What does Grandma Kurnitz try to impress on her daughter?
(a) That her mind is like that of a child.
(b) That she should move out.
(c) That Johnny is the right man for her.
(d) That she is intelligent.
15. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
(a) It is foolishness.
(b) It is a good idea.
(c) It is a mature decision.
(d) It is not surprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
2. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
3. What does Jay help Bella convey?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
5. What does Bella say she was seeking?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)