|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is the football?
2. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They suffer in some personal way from her lack of affection.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They have moved out and never spoken to her again.
(d) They have not been affected by her.
3. How does Grandma Kurnitz react to what Bella divulges?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is not surprised.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is sad.
4. How has Johnny's mind changed?
(a) He wants to move to another city.
(b) He prefers to stay at home with his parents and not marry.
(c) He does not want children.
(d) He does not want to open a restaurant.
5. How does Bella arrive home?
(a) Full of enthusiasm.
(c) Drained of energy.
6. What feelings does Bella admit she has?
(a) She has the feelings of a teenager.
(b) She is feeling hurt by her mother's words.
(c) She has the feelings of a woman .
(d) She is feeling happy about marrying Johnny.
7. How does Louie feel about this new restriction on his evening plans?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He is pleasantly surprised.
(c) He is uncomfortable with it.
(d) He is slightly annoyed.
8. For whom is the basketball?
9. With what is Arty sick?
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) A fever.
10. What has Louie given her?
(a) A hug.
(b) A letter to give to her mother.
(c) The $5,000 for the restaurant.
(d) A wedding gift.
11. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They beg her.
(b) They yell at her.
(c) They avoid her.
(d) They try to talk to her.
12. What does Bella want to tell everyone tonight?
(a) She wants to move out.
(b) She is going to be married.
(c) She does not like her new job.
(d) She is tired of the movie theatre.
13. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
14. What does Louie share with the boys?
(a) A letter from their father.
(b) A piece of chocolate.
(c) He will be leaving tonight.
(d) His dinner.
15. How does Louie respond to this news?
(a) Louie loudly expresses his opinion about the man's real intentions toward Bella.
(b) He yells at Bella.
(c) He calls Johnny to tell him to leave his sister alone.
(d) He laughs very loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom has Jay taken a phone message?
2. What does Grandma Kurnitz think of Bella's news?
3. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
4. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
5. What does Bella share with her mother?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)