|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bella hope will happen?
(a) She can keep her job at the movie theatres.
(b) She and Grandma will never speak again.
(c) She and Grandma Kurnitz can talk things over.
(d) She can still marry Johnny.
2. How does Bella arrive home?
(c) Drained of energy.
(d) Full of enthusiasm.
3. How do the others deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They avoid her.
(b) They try to talk to her.
(c) They yell at her.
(d) They beg her.
4. Who is mildly consoling?
5. Where has Bella been staying?
(a) Her friend's.
(d) Aunt Gert's.
6. For whom is the football?
7. Grandma Kurnitz comes into the room just as who else walks into the room?
8. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(b) He knows they love anything sweet.
(c) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
(d) The boys love to hear from their father.
9. How does Grandma Kurnitz leave the room?
(a) Without a word.
10. Who does Jay want to help?
11. What does Jay swear to Louie?
(a) He will not surprise him ever again.
(b) He will return the gift.
(c) He does not plan on yelling at him ever again.
(d) He does not plan to rob anybody.
12. What does Bella share with her mother?
(a) She loves her.
(b) The wedding is back on.
(c) That she has a new boyfriend.
(d) That she has found a new friend.
13. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
(a) The neighbors.
(c) Her new friend.
(d) Her new boyfriend.
14. Why does he change his mind?
(a) He is tired of living in Yonkers.
(b) His parents' love is secure.
(c) He does not have the knowledge to raise children.
(d) He is nervous about owning a business.
15. What does Jay reveal to Arty?
(a) He is going to ask Louie if he can go with him tonight.
(b) He worries about their father.
(c) He does not like Uncle Louie.
(d) He thinks Arty should go with Uncle Louie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandma Kurnitz doing at the end of the scene?
2. How do the boys say goodbye to their grandmother?
3. What can Eddie not allow his mother to see?
4. What is Grandma Kurnitz forcing Arty to drink?
5. What has Louie given her?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)