|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Eddie been in the hospital?
(a) To visit his wife.
(b) To get some sleep.
(c) To avoid going to work.
(d) For exhaustion.
2. Why must Jay help Bella convey her news?
(a) She cannot speak.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She fumbles.
3. Where has Bella been staying?
(a) Her friend's.
(d) Aunt Gert's.
4. How many months have gone by?
5. What has Louie given her?
(a) A wedding gift.
(b) A letter to give to her mother.
(c) The $5,000 for the restaurant.
(d) A hug.
6. About whom do the boys talk?
(d) Uncle Louie.
7. About what are Arty and Jay concerned?
(a) Aunt Bella has been gone for two nights ever since the argument after dinner the other night.
(b) They have not heard from their father.
(c) Louie has left and has not given anyone news of his location.
(d) Grandma has not come out of her room.
8. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
9. How is the opening of this scene different from other scenes?
(a) It is a letter from Jay to his father.
(b) It is not a voice-over.
(c) It is not a letter.
(d) It is a letter from Louie.
10. What does Jay help Bella convey?
(a) How frustrated she is with her mother.
(b) That she is no longer marrying Johnny.
(c) That she is going to marry Johnny.
(d) How much she loves her family.
11. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
(a) He wants the boys to know he is leaving in light of the phone message that Jay took.
(b) He knows they love anything sweet.
(c) Grandma punished them with no dinner.
(d) The boys love to hear from their father.
12. What is included with the letter from Eddie?
(b) Toys for the boys.
(d) Some money for food and medicine for the boys.
13. Why does Grandma Kurnitz tell Louie that he is required to stay for dinner?
(a) She enjoys being in control.
(b) She made a large amount of food.
(c) She does not want him to leave.
(d) At Bella's request.
14. How does Louie respond to this news?
(a) Louie loudly expresses his opinion about the man's real intentions toward Bella.
(b) He yells at Bella.
(c) He laughs very loudly.
(d) He calls Johnny to tell him to leave his sister alone.
15. What does Bella hope will happen?
(a) She and Grandma Kurnitz can talk things over.
(b) She and Grandma will never speak again.
(c) She can still marry Johnny.
(d) She can keep her job at the movie theatres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has enlisted in the armed forces?
2. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
3. Who would Bella like to have over for dinner some night?
4. From where does Aunt Gert emerge?
5. Who will be happier than Bella and her siblings?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)