|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
(b) Exactly the same.
(d) Completely different.
2. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
(a) She loves movies.
(b) Johnny is also learning impaired.
(c) She enjoys working with children.
(d) She loves to learn.
3. What are the boys trying to do?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Sneak out the window.
(c) Play a game.
(d) Eat dinner.
4. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
(b) A location.
5. What has Bella always wanted?
(a) Be a teacher.
(b) Go to school.
(c) To work at the movie theatre.
(d) To be married and have children.
6. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
(b) His brother during a game of tag.
(c) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
7. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
(b) Understanding the southern accents.
(c) Understanding Spanish.
(d) Understanding the foreign currency.
8. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She tells her to go see another movie.
(b) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(c) She sends her to her room.
(d) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
9. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
(a) A promise.
(b) A chasm.
10. What has the war done for Eddie?
(a) It has provided a relatively high-paying job in scrap iron that would never have existed before.
(b) Caused him to lose his job.
(c) Killed his wife.
(d) It has paralyzed him from being thrown from his vehicle.
11. What must Eddie do?
(a) Find a place to live with his sons.
(b) Locate his wife.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Travel for several months.
12. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(b) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
(c) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
(d) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
13. What is below the apartment?
(a) Kurnitz's Kool Store.
(b) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(c) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
(d) Kurnitz's Kracker Jack Store.
14. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
(a) She hears her.
(b) She writes her a letter.
(c) She talks to her in the morning.
(d) She sleeps right through.
15. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(b) This scene begins with a voice-over.
(c) This scene begins with Bella.
(d) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
2. Who is Johnny?
3. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. What does it mean to be stealthy?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)