|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
(a) Endorsing her daughter's dreams.
(b) Getting out of bed.
(c) Calling Eddie.
(d) Sending the boys to school.
2. What has Eddie taken?
(a) His sons to live with him.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
(c) A job.
(d) Money from a bank.
3. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
(a) Family members.
4. Whose living room is it?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(b) Eddie Kurnitz's.
(c) Arty Kurnitz's.
(d) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
5. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) They have been living out of the country since birth.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
6. Describe Bella.
(a) Bright and a know-it-all.
(b) Sad and nervous.
(c) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
(d) Angry and mean.
7. Where are two strange men located?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) By the school.
(c) Around the block.
(d) Inside the black Studebaker.
8. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
(a) She enjoys working with children.
(b) She loves movies.
(c) Johnny is also learning impaired.
(d) She loves to learn.
9. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
(b) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(c) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(d) She does not want to wake the boys.
10. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) $10,000 or $15,000.
11. What does Louie sense?
(a) The boys' lack of trust.
(b) The boys' need for some adventure.
(c) The boys' anger.
(d) The boys' fear.
12. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He is leaving his children permanently.
(b) He is searching for his wife.
(c) He loves his job.
(d) He is working himself to exhaustion.
13. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
(a) He gives them a treat.
(b) He calls their dad for them.
(c) Puts them on his payroll.
(d) He takes them with him.
14. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
(a) The people who have the dreams have no chance of attaining them.
(b) No one can attain these dreams.
(c) Only wealthy people can have dreams like that.
(d) Boyfriends will get you nowhere.
15. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(b) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
(c) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(d) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie tell the boys?
2. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
3. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
4. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
5. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)