|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Johnny?
(a) The boy next door.
(b) The usher from the theater.
(c) The boy who mows the grass.
(d) Grandma's boyfriend.
2. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
(a) Eddie will not be coming home any time soon.
(b) The boys are educated enough.
(c) Her life is a waste.
(d) Bella has a learning disability and is immature.
3. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
(a) To have children right away.
(b) To go back to school together.
(c) To move into Grandma Kurnitz's home.
(d) To open a restaurant together.
4. Where is it hidden?
(a) In the apartment.
(b) In a bank.
(c) In her back pocket.
(d) In the car.
5. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
(c) Family members.
6. Of what is the voice-over?
(a) Grandma arguing with Bella.
(b) Eddie's letter to Arty and Jay
(c) An announcement about refreshments offered during intermission.
(d) Arty and Jay's letter to their father.
7. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Send it to Eddie.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Tell his Uncle Louie.
8. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) Expensive jewelry.
(b) A weapon.
(c) $10,000 or $15,000.
(d) A dead body.
9. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
10. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
(a) Angry and upset.
(b) Bored and annoyed.
(c) Excited and anxious.
(d) Unsure and irritated.
11. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
(c) Bachelor degrees.
(d) Movies and movie magazines.
12. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He loves his job.
(b) He is leaving his children permanently.
(c) He is working himself to exhaustion.
(d) He is searching for his wife.
13. What are the boys trying to do?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Sneak out the window.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Play a game.
14. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
15. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with a voice-over.
(b) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(c) This scene begins with Bella.
(d) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
2. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
3. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
4. Why will Eddie be doing this?
5. Why does he tell them not to worry?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)