|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Eddie being treated?
(b) A cut.
2. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) The boys have nowhere else to go.
(b) She wants to help out her son.
(c) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(d) She loves her grandsons.
3. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
(a) A location.
4. What have Arty and Jay received?
(a) Letters from their mother.
(b) Report cards.
(c) A note from the doctor.
(d) Another letter from their father.
5. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
(a) Getting out of bed.
(b) Calling Eddie.
(c) Sending the boys to school.
(d) Endorsing her daughter's dreams.
6. Where are two strange men located?
(a) Inside the black Studebaker.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) By the school.
(d) Around the block.
7. How does the scene open?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz is arguing with Bella.
(b) Two boys, Arty and Jay, sit uncomfortably on the couch waiting for their Father, Eddie, to emerge from Grandma's bedroom.
(c) Eddie is saying goodbye to his sons.
(d) Arty and Jay are eating candy in the store.
8. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
(a) $5 a week.
(b) $1 a week.
(c) Another pet.
(d) A new toy.
9. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
(d) They have been living out of the country since birth.
10. Describe Bella.
(a) Bright and a know-it-all.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Sad and nervous.
(d) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
11. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
(c) Bachelor degrees.
(d) Movies and movie magazines.
12. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It goes unnoticed.
(b) It awakens them.
(c) It excites them.
(d) It does not frighten them.
13. Why will Eddie be doing this?
(a) He needs to borrow more money.
(b) He has broken the law.
(c) He trusts the loan shark.
(d) It is the quickest legal way to earn the money.
14. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) He believes he has control over her life.
(b) Eddie will be successful.
(c) Bella is a strong woman.
(d) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
15. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
(a) Keep the boys.
(b) To let the boys go.
(c) Make dinner for the family.
(d) Allow Eddie to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Eddie been challenged?
2. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
3. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
4. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)