|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
(c) World weary.
2. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(b) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(c) She tells her to go see another movie.
(d) She sends her to her room.
3. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
(a) With a large amount of money from their mother's will.
(c) In need of another mother.
(d) Deeply in debt.
4. What are the boys trying to do?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Sneak out the window.
(d) Go to sleep.
5. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
(b) A location.
6. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It awakens them.
(b) It goes unnoticed.
(c) It excites them.
(d) It does not frighten them.
7. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(b) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(c) He enjoys his job.
(d) He loves to work.
8. What has the war done for Eddie?
(a) Caused him to lose his job.
(b) It has paralyzed him from being thrown from his vehicle.
(c) Killed his wife.
(d) It has provided a relatively high-paying job in scrap iron that would never have existed before.
9. Describe Bella.
(a) Angry and mean.
(b) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
(c) Bright and a know-it-all.
(d) Sad and nervous.
10. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
(b) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
(c) His brother during a game of tag.
11. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
(c) Family members.
12. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with Bella.
(b) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(c) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
(d) This scene begins with a voice-over.
13. What does Bella enjoy doing?
(a) Going to see movies.
(b) Talking to her boyfriend.
14. Why is Bella able to understand this?
(a) She loves Eddie.
(b) She knows Louie better than Louie knows himself.
(c) She has felt the lack of love throughout her entire life.
(d) She is good with money.
15. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) A light-hearted discussion.
(b) A business agreement.
(c) An argument.
(d) An important conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
2. Of what is the voice-over?
3. Who are Arty and Jay?
4. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
5. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)