|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Bella seem like a child?
(a) She has a high-pitched voice.
(b) She loves dolls.
(c) She wears clothing similar to that of little girls.
(d) Her naïveté.
2. Why is Bella able to understand this?
(a) She knows Louie better than Louie knows himself.
(b) She is good with money.
(c) She has felt the lack of love throughout her entire life.
(d) She loves Eddie.
3. Where is it hidden?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In the apartment.
(c) In her back pocket.
(d) In the car.
4. What does Bella do all the time?
5. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
(d) Her driver.
6. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) She wants to help out her son.
(b) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(c) She loves her grandsons.
(d) The boys have nowhere else to go.
7. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) His brother during a game of tag.
(b) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
(d) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
8. Describe Bella.
(a) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
(b) Bright and a know-it-all.
(c) Angry and mean.
(d) Sad and nervous.
9. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
(a) Completely different.
(c) Exactly the same.
10. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
(a) She writes her a letter.
(b) She talks to her in the morning.
(c) She hears her.
(d) She sleeps right through.
11. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
(a) Bella, because she can take care of herself.
(b) Getting into the ice cream and treats downstairs at the store.
(c) His life, which he says he has under control.
(d) Their father who will be coming home soon.
12. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
(a) She enjoys working with children.
(b) She loves movies.
(c) Johnny is also learning impaired.
(d) She loves to learn.
13. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It excites them.
(b) It goes unnoticed.
(c) It does not frighten them.
(d) It awakens them.
14. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
(a) A party.
(b) Her business deal.
(c) The movie theatre.
(d) Her quirky life.
15. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) $10,000 or $15,000.
(b) A weapon.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Eddie be doing this?
2. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
3. What is below the apartment?
4. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
5. What has Eddie been forced to do?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)