|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Hindus.
(b) Finding other Catholics.
(c) Finding other Jewish people.
(d) Finding other Muslims.
2. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He is searching for his wife.
(b) He is leaving his children permanently.
(c) He loves his job.
(d) He is working himself to exhaustion.
3. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
(a) The people who have the dreams have no chance of attaining them.
(b) No one can attain these dreams.
(c) Boyfriends will get you nowhere.
(d) Only wealthy people can have dreams like that.
4. Whose living room is it?
(a) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
(b) Arty Kurnitz's.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(d) Eddie Kurnitz's.
5. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
(b) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(c) He found Grandma's treasure.
(d) He is on the run from the law.
6. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
(b) With a large amount of money from their mother's will.
(c) In need of another mother.
(d) Deeply in debt.
7. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
(a) Exactly the same.
(d) Completely different.
8. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) His wife is also moving in.
(b) The truth.
(c) He is taking them with him.
(d) He is going to join Eddie.
9. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
(b) The Bronx.
(c) Into the southern states.
10. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) Grandma's boyfriend.
(c) A black Studebaker.
(d) A new kid on the block.
11. What must Eddie do?
(a) Locate his wife.
(b) Find a place to live with his sons.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Travel for several months.
12. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She does not want to wake the boys.
(c) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(d) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
13. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She sends her to her room.
(b) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(c) She tells her to go see another movie.
(d) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
14. Why are their feelings short-lived?
(a) It is just Grandma.
(b) The man leaves quickly.
(c) The man introduces himself as their Uncle Louie.
(d) It is their father.
15. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(a) They are settling in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Eddie be doing this?
2. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
3. What is the war to Eddie?
4. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
5. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)