|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Jewish people.
(b) Finding other Hindus.
(c) Finding other Catholics.
(d) Finding other Muslims.
2. Whose living room is it?
(a) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
(b) Eddie Kurnitz's.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(d) Arty Kurnitz's.
3. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
4. What is Jay contemplating.
(a) The idea of searching for the jewelry.
(b) The idea of searching for the money.
(c) The idea of searching for the weapon.
(d) The idea of searching for the dead body.
5. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
(a) For not getting a real job.
(b) For wasting money on movies and movie magazines.
(c) For sneaking into the apartment.
(d) For stealing from them.
6. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(b) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
7. How does Eddie tell the boys?
(a) He calls them on the phone.
(b) He comes home to tell them.
(c) He writes a letter to his mother.
(d) In his letter to them.
8. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) A new kid on the block.
(b) A black Studebaker.
(c) Grandma's boyfriend.
9. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
(a) She has died.
(b) She has become very ill.
(c) She has disappeared.
(d) She has divorced him.
10. What will Eddie be doing?
(a) Borrowing money from a loan shark.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) Borrowing more money.
(d) Selling scrap metal.
11. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
(a) To go back to school together.
(b) To open a restaurant together.
(c) To move into Grandma Kurnitz's home.
(d) To have children right away.
12. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She sends her to her room.
(b) She tells her to go see another movie.
(c) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(d) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
13. How does the scene open?
(a) With the boys talking about their father.
(b) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(c) With Jay reading his father's letter.
(d) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
14. What have Arty and Jay received?
(a) Letters from their mother.
(b) Report cards.
(c) A note from the doctor.
(d) Another letter from their father.
15. Describe Bella.
(a) Bright and a know-it-all.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Sad and nervous.
(d) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom are the two men looking?
2. What has Eddie been forced to do?
3. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
4. What does it mean to be stealthy?
5. Why is Bella able to understand this?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)