|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
(a) The gun is not his.
(b) He is going to find Eddie.
(c) He is moving in with them.
(d) He is married.
2. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Muslims.
(b) Finding other Catholics.
(c) Finding other Hindus.
(d) Finding other Jewish people.
3. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
(b) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(c) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(d) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
4. What is below the apartment?
(a) Kurnitz's Kool Store.
(b) Kurnitz's Kracker Jack Store.
(c) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(d) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
5. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
(b) He is on the run from the law.
(c) He found Grandma's treasure.
(d) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
6. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) She wants to help out her son.
(b) She loves her grandsons.
(c) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(d) The boys have nowhere else to go.
7. What must Eddie do?
(a) Find a place to live with his sons.
(b) Locate his wife.
(c) Travel for several months.
(d) Find his father.
8. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
(a) A location.
9. What has Eddie taken?
(a) His sons to live with him.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
(c) Money from a bank.
(d) A job.
10. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(b) A new kid on the block.
(c) A black Studebaker.
(d) Grandma's boyfriend.
11. Where are two strange men located?
(a) Around the block.
(b) Inside the black Studebaker.
(c) By the school.
(d) In the backyard.
12. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
(a) Bella, because she can take care of herself.
(b) Their father who will be coming home soon.
(c) Getting into the ice cream and treats downstairs at the store.
(d) His life, which he says he has under control.
13. With what good news is Bella bursting?
(a) The good news that she intends to marry Johnny.
(b) She is moving.
(c) She got into night school.
(d) She has a job at the movie theatre.
14. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
(a) A chasm.
(d) A promise.
15. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(b) She tells her to go see another movie.
(c) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(d) She sends her to her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
2. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
3. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
4. Why is Bella able to understand this?
5. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)