|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Eddie taken?
(a) A job.
(b) Money from a bank.
(c) His sons to live with him.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
2. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) $10,000 or $15,000.
3. What makes Bella seem like a child?
(a) She loves dolls.
(b) She wears clothing similar to that of little girls.
(c) Her naïveté.
(d) She has a high-pitched voice.
4. Who are Arty and Jay?
5. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
(a) How to love the two boys.
(b) How to save money.
(c) Where to find Eddie.
(d) What Louie is doing with his life.
6. From where does Bella arrive home?
(a) Her friend's home.
(d) Another afternoon at the movies.
7. Where are two strange men located?
(a) By the school.
(b) Inside the black Studebaker.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) Around the block.
8. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
(a) $1 a week.
(b) $5 a week.
(c) A new toy.
(d) Another pet.
9. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He loves to work.
(b) He enjoys his job.
(c) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(d) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
10. What has Bella always wanted?
(a) To work at the movie theatre.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) To be married and have children.
(d) Go to school.
11. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
(a) She has divorced him.
(b) She has become very ill.
(c) She has died.
(d) She has disappeared.
12. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
(a) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
(b) Mendelssohn's Violin Shop.
(c) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(d) Jacopo's Diner.
13. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(b) She tells her to go see another movie.
(c) She sends her to her room.
(d) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
14. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
(a) Unsure and irritated.
(b) Excited and anxious.
(c) Angry and upset.
(d) Bored and annoyed.
15. What is taking place between Eddie and Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) A light-hearted discussion.
(b) An important conversation.
(c) An argument.
(d) A business agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
2. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
3. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
4. Of what is the voice-over?
5. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)