|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
(a) She enjoys working with children.
(b) Johnny is also learning impaired.
(c) She loves movies.
(d) She loves to learn.
2. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
(a) Send it to Eddie.
(b) Tell his Uncle Louie.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Call the police.
3. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
(a) Bachelor degrees.
(d) Movies and movie magazines.
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Jewish people.
(b) Finding other Hindus.
(c) Finding other Catholics.
(d) Finding other Muslims.
5. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
(a) Getting out of bed.
(b) Endorsing her daughter's dreams.
(c) Sending the boys to school.
(d) Calling Eddie.
6. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
7. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
(a) He will be staying with them.
(b) He is doing an honorable thing by taking this job.
(c) He is ready for a new wife.
(d) He is a dishonorable man.
8. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) $10,000 or $15,000.
(b) A weapon.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) A dead body.
9. Describe Grandma's life.
10. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
(a) It awakens them.
(b) It does not frighten them.
(c) It excites them.
(d) It goes unnoticed.
11. What does Bella enjoy doing?
(c) Talking to her boyfriend.
(d) Going to see movies.
12. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
(a) Her quirky life.
(b) A party.
(c) The movie theatre.
(d) Her business deal.
13. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding the foreign currency.
(b) Understanding the southern accents.
(c) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
(d) Understanding Spanish.
14. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(c) They are settling in.
15. For what is Eddie being treated?
(d) A cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
2. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
3. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
4. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
5. Why does it fascinate them?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)