|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) His wife is also moving in.
(b) He is going to join Eddie.
(c) The truth.
(d) He is taking them with him.
2. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
(a) For wasting money on movies and movie magazines.
(b) For stealing from them.
(c) For not getting a real job.
(d) For sneaking into the apartment.
3. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
(a) To go back to school together.
(b) To move into Grandma Kurnitz's home.
(c) To open a restaurant together.
(d) To have children right away.
4. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(b) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
(c) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(d) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
5. Why are their feelings short-lived?
(a) The man leaves quickly.
(b) The man introduces himself as their Uncle Louie.
(c) It is just Grandma.
(d) It is their father.
6. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She sends her to her room.
(b) She tells her to go see another movie.
(c) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(d) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
7. What will Eddie be doing?
(a) Selling scrap metal.
(b) Going to jail.
(c) Borrowing money from a loan shark.
(d) Borrowing more money.
8. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
9. How does Eddie tell the boys?
(a) In his letter to them.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) He comes home to tell them.
(d) He calls them on the phone.
10. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
(a) A chasm.
(b) A promise.
11. Why does it fascinate them?
(a) They have never had a pet.
(b) He is a smooth talker and carries a black satchel of money.
(c) He is funny, nice, and brings the boys candy.
(d) She is unlike anyone they have ever met.
12. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
(a) The boys are educated enough.
(b) Eddie will not be coming home any time soon.
(c) Her life is a waste.
(d) Bella has a learning disability and is immature.
13. What is Louie for the boys?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A strange house guest.
(c) A breath of fresh air.
(d) A nuisance.
14. What does Bella do all the time?
15. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
(a) Her quirky life.
(b) The movie theatre.
(c) A party.
(d) Her business deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is this character speaking?
2. What is below the apartment?
3. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
4. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
5. Who is Johnny?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)