|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
(c) They have been living out of the country since birth.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
2. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) Eddie will be successful.
(b) He believes he has control over her life.
(c) Bella is a strong woman.
(d) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
3. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
(a) Tell his Uncle Louie.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Send it to Eddie.
(d) Sell it.
4. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(a) They are settling in.
5. How is Louie compared to Eddie?
(b) Exactly the same.
(c) Completely different.
6. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(b) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
7. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
(a) They call him and ask him.
(b) They worry about him.
(c) They let their imaginations work overtime.
(d) They tell the two men where to find their uncle.
8. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
(a) Mental illness.
(d) Birth defects.
9. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding Spanish.
(b) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
(c) Understanding the foreign currency.
(d) Understanding the southern accents.
10. What is below the apartment?
(a) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(b) Kurnitz's Kracker Jack Store.
(c) Kurnitz's Kool Store.
(d) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
11. How does the scene open?
(a) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
(b) With Jay reading his father's letter.
(c) With the boys talking about their father.
(d) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
12. What does Bella enjoy doing?
(a) Going to see movies.
(c) Talking to her boyfriend.
13. What must Eddie do?
(a) Travel for several months.
(b) Find his father.
(c) Find a place to live with his sons.
(d) Locate his wife.
14. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He enjoys his job.
(b) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(c) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(d) He loves to work.
15. What has Eddie been forced to do?
(a) Steal from his neighbors.
(b) Get a job as a coal miner.
(c) Borrow from a loan shark.
(d) End his wife's treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates the boys?
2. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
3. What is clear about Eddie?
4. Of what is the voice-over?
5. What have Arty and Jay received?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)