|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
(b) Mental illness.
(d) Birth defects.
2. Why would Bella's good news be the perfect arrangement for her?
(a) She enjoys working with children.
(b) She loves to learn.
(c) She loves movies.
(d) Johnny is also learning impaired.
3. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(c) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
(d) She does not want to wake the boys.
4. How must Bella feel about movies?
5. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He loves his job.
(b) He is searching for his wife.
(c) He is working himself to exhaustion.
(d) He is leaving his children permanently.
6. Where is it hidden?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In the car.
(c) In her back pocket.
(d) In the apartment.
7. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) She wants to help out her son.
(b) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(c) The boys have nowhere else to go.
(d) She loves her grandsons.
8. Describe Grandma's life.
9. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She tells her to go see another movie.
(b) She sends her to her room.
(c) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(d) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
10. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
(a) No one can attain these dreams.
(b) Only wealthy people can have dreams like that.
(c) The people who have the dreams have no chance of attaining them.
(d) Boyfriends will get you nowhere.
11. How does the scene open?
(a) With Jay reading his father's letter.
(b) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
(c) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(d) With the boys talking about their father.
12. From where does Bella arrive home?
(c) Her friend's home.
(d) Another afternoon at the movies.
13. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with Bella.
(b) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
(c) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(d) This scene begins with a voice-over.
14. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He is on the run from the law.
(b) He found Grandma's treasure.
(c) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
15. Why are their feelings short-lived?
(a) It is their father.
(b) The man introduces himself as their Uncle Louie.
(c) It is just Grandma.
(d) The man leaves quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eddie tell the boys?
2. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
3. Why is Bella able to understand this?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. Describe Bella.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)