|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(c) They are settling in.
2. For whom are the two men looking?
(b) The boys' Uncle Louie.
3. What has Bella always wanted?
(a) Go to school.
(b) To work at the movie theatre.
(c) To be married and have children.
(d) Be a teacher.
4. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding the southern accents.
(b) Understanding the foreign currency.
(c) Understanding Spanish.
(d) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
5. How is this scene similar to Act I, Scene 2?
(a) This scene begins with the boys talking.
(b) This scene begins with Bella.
(c) This scene begins with a voice-over.
(d) This scene begins with Eddie walking into the room.
6. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
(a) Family members.
7. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(b) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(c) He loves to work.
(d) He enjoys his job.
8. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
(a) He is moving in with them.
(b) He is married.
(c) The gun is not his.
(d) He is going to find Eddie.
9. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(c) They have been living out of the country since birth.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
10. What does Grandma Kurnitz see no point in doing?
(a) Endorsing her daughter's dreams.
(b) Calling Eddie.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Sending the boys to school.
11. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
12. Of what is the voice-over?
(a) Arty and Jay's letter to their father.
(b) An announcement about refreshments offered during intermission.
(c) Eddie's letter to Arty and Jay
(d) Grandma arguing with Bella.
13. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
(a) Unsure and irritated.
(b) Bored and annoyed.
(c) Excited and anxious.
(d) Angry and upset.
14. What does Bella enjoy doing?
(b) Talking to her boyfriend.
(d) Going to see movies.
15. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
(d) World weary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
2. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
3. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
4. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
5. How must Bella feel about movies?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)