|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the scene open?
(a) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
(b) With Jay reading his father's letter.
(c) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(d) With the boys talking about their father.
2. What fascinates the boys?
(a) Grandma's personality.
(b) Uncle Louie's demeanor.
(c) Bella's boyfriend Johnny.
(d) Their new pet rat.
3. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
(a) Make dinner for the family.
(b) Allow Eddie to stay.
(c) To let the boys go.
(d) Keep the boys.
4. What is Jay contemplating.
(a) The idea of searching for the money.
(b) The idea of searching for the jewelry.
(c) The idea of searching for the dead body.
(d) The idea of searching for the weapon.
5. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
(a) He is going to find Eddie.
(b) He is moving in with them.
(c) He is married.
(d) The gun is not his.
6. What is the war to Eddie?
(a) Bad news.
(b) Nothing new.
(c) Good news.
7. Why are the boys strangers to this place?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz has recently moved.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz is not their real grandmother.
(c) They have been living out of the country since birth.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz never liked the boys' mother.
8. Whose living room is it?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(b) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
(c) Arty Kurnitz's.
(d) Eddie Kurnitz's.
9. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
(a) She has divorced him.
(b) She has disappeared.
(c) She has become very ill.
(d) She has died.
10. Describe Grandma's life.
11. What does Grandma do, regarding Bella?
(a) She writes her a letter.
(b) She sleeps right through.
(c) She talks to her in the morning.
(d) She hears her.
12. How does Eddie tell the boys?
(a) He comes home to tell them.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) In his letter to them.
(d) He calls them on the phone.
13. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
(b) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(c) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(d) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
14. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
(a) How to love the two boys.
(b) Where to find Eddie.
(c) How to save money.
(d) What Louie is doing with his life.
15. Why are these dreams unrealistic?
(a) No one can attain these dreams.
(b) The people who have the dreams have no chance of attaining them.
(c) Boyfriends will get you nowhere.
(d) Only wealthy people can have dreams like that.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louie eventually reveal?
2. What is there more of at this home than Arty and Jay could ever have imagined?
3. For whom are the two men looking?
4. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
5. What is clear about Eddie?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)