|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louie sense?
(a) The boys' fear.
(b) The boys' anger.
(c) The boys' need for some adventure.
(d) The boys' lack of trust.
2. At first, what does Louie tell the boys?
(a) The gun is not his.
(b) He is going to find Eddie.
(c) He is moving in with them.
(d) He is married.
3. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) Eddie will be successful.
(b) He believes he has control over her life.
(c) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
(d) Bella is a strong woman.
4. What has Eddie been forced to do?
(a) End his wife's treatments.
(b) Get a job as a coal miner.
(c) Borrow from a loan shark.
(d) Steal from his neighbors.
5. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He enjoys his job.
(b) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(c) He loves to work.
(d) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
6. Why does the doctor diagnose Eddie with this?
(a) Horses are healthy.
(b) It is due to stress.
(c) Eddie is extremely ill.
(d) He found a lump.
7. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Hindus.
(b) Finding other Muslims.
(c) Finding other Catholics.
(d) Finding other Jewish people.
8. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
(a) They let their imaginations work overtime.
(b) They tell the two men where to find their uncle.
(c) They worry about him.
(d) They call him and ask him.
9. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
(a) For sneaking into the apartment.
(b) For not getting a real job.
(c) For wasting money on movies and movie magazines.
(d) For stealing from them.
10. What does Bella enjoy doing?
(b) Going to see movies.
(d) Talking to her boyfriend.
11. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
(a) He has an irregular heartbeat.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He only has a few days to live.
(d) He is as healthy as a horse.
12. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(c) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
(d) She does not want to wake the boys.
13. Why is Bella able to understand this?
(a) She has felt the lack of love throughout her entire life.
(b) She is good with money.
(c) She knows Louie better than Louie knows himself.
(d) She loves Eddie.
14. What is clear about Eddie?
(a) He is working himself to exhaustion.
(b) He loves his job.
(c) He is searching for his wife.
(d) He is leaving his children permanently.
15. What makes Bella seem like a child?
(a) She has a high-pitched voice.
(b) Her naïveté.
(c) She loves dolls.
(d) She wears clothing similar to that of little girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
2. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
3. What is Jay contemplating.
4. To whom is this character speaking?
5. Why will Eddie be doing this?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)