|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe Bella.
(a) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
(b) Angry and mean.
(c) Bright and a know-it-all.
(d) Sad and nervous.
2. What has Eddie taken?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz's secret stash of money.
(b) His sons to live with him.
(c) A job.
(d) Money from a bank.
3. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
(a) In need of another mother.
(c) With a large amount of money from their mother's will.
(d) Deeply in debt.
4. How does the scene open?
(a) Two boys, Arty and Jay, sit uncomfortably on the couch waiting for their Father, Eddie, to emerge from Grandma's bedroom.
(b) Eddie is saying goodbye to his sons.
(c) Arty and Jay are eating candy in the store.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz is arguing with Bella.
5. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
(a) Jacopo's Diner.
(b) Mendelssohn's Violin Shop.
(c) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(d) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
6. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(c) They are settling in.
7. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
(a) Eddie will not be coming home any time soon.
(b) The boys are educated enough.
(c) Her life is a waste.
(d) Bella has a learning disability and is immature.
8. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
(c) A location.
9. What must Eddie do?
(a) Travel for several months.
(b) Locate his wife.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Find a place to live with his sons.
10. What does Louie give the boys for keeping silent if anyone should come looking for him?
(a) A new toy.
(b) $1 a week.
(c) Another pet.
(d) $5 a week.
11. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
12. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) The truth.
(b) He is going to join Eddie.
(c) He is taking them with him.
(d) His wife is also moving in.
13. What does it mean to be stealthy?
(a) Strong and healthy.
(b) Ignorant and lazy.
(c) Secret in action or character.
14. What will Eddie be doing?
(a) Selling scrap metal.
(b) Borrowing money from a loan shark.
(c) Going to jail.
(d) Borrowing more money.
15. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) $10,000 or $15,000.
(b) A weapon.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) A dead body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
2. What does the entry of a strange man into the apartment do to the boys?
3. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
4. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
5. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)