|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Eddie being treated?
(d) A cut.
2. According to Grandma, what do nothing but create unrealistic dreams?
(c) Movies and movie magazines.
(d) Bachelor degrees.
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He is on the run from the law.
(b) He found Grandma's treasure.
(c) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
(d) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
(a) He only has a few days to live.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is as healthy as a horse.
(d) He has an irregular heartbeat.
5. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
(a) The boys' discomfort escalates.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They cry.
(d) They are angry.
6. Why does Bella stealthily enter the apartment?
(a) So as not to rouse Grandma.
(b) She is practicing being light on her feet.
(c) She is robbing the people living in the apartment.
(d) She does not want to wake the boys.
7. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) She wants to help out her son.
(b) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(c) She loves her grandsons.
(d) The boys have nowhere else to go.
8. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
(a) She tells her to break up with her boyfriend.
(b) She takes the magazines and retreats to the bedroom.
(c) She tells her to go see another movie.
(d) She sends her to her room.
9. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(b) They are settling in.
10. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
(a) Deeply in debt.
(c) In need of another mother.
(d) With a large amount of money from their mother's will.
11. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Catholics.
(b) Finding other Jewish people.
(c) Finding other Muslims.
(d) Finding other Hindus.
12. From what had Eddie's wife suffered?
(a) Birth defects.
(d) Mental illness.
13. What is Jay contemplating.
(a) The idea of searching for the money.
(b) The idea of searching for the dead body.
(c) The idea of searching for the jewelry.
(d) The idea of searching for the weapon.
14. Where do Grandma and her daughter, Bella, work?
(a) Kurnitz's Kiddy Store.
(b) Jacopo's Diner.
(c) Kurnitz's Kandy Store.
(d) Mendelssohn's Violin Shop.
15. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
(a) Her business deal.
(b) The movie theatre.
(c) A party.
(d) Her quirky life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bella the only one who seems to understand?
2. What must Eddie do?
3. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
4. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
5. What is the setting of the play?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)