|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Hindus.
(b) Finding other Catholics.
(c) Finding other Jewish people.
(d) Finding other Muslims.
2. What are the boys trying to do?
(a) Sneak out the window.
(b) Play a game.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Go to sleep.
3. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(b) He enjoys his job.
(c) He loves to work.
(d) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
4. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
(a) She has become very ill.
(b) She has disappeared.
(c) She has divorced him.
(d) She has died.
5. Why does Grandma Kurnitz especially see no point in doing this?
(a) Eddie will not be coming home any time soon.
(b) Bella has a learning disability and is immature.
(c) The boys are educated enough.
(d) Her life is a waste.
6. How does Grandma Kurnitz feel?
(b) World weary.
7. How do the boys feel about the intruder?
8. Why does he tell them not to worry?
(a) Bella is a strong woman.
(b) He believes he has control over her life.
(c) He and Eddie used to do the same thing when they were young.
(d) Eddie will be successful.
9. Who are Arty and Jay?
10. How do the boys react when their father tells them that they will be spending the next 10 months with their Grandmother?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are excited.
(c) They cry.
(d) The boys' discomfort escalates.
11. To whom is this character speaking?
(b) Grandma Kurnitz.
(c) Arty and Jay.
12. When are the boys even more mesmerized?
(a) When Johnny brings them popcorn and candy.
(b) When the pet rat learns new tricks.
(c) When they see Louie's gun inside his jacket.
(d) When Grandma puts fear in everyone, including the adults.
13. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) A black Studebaker.
(b) A new kid on the block.
(c) Grandma's boyfriend.
14. What is Louie for the boys?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A strange house guest.
(c) A breath of fresh air.
(d) A nuisance.
15. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Tell his Uncle Louie.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Send it to Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
2. What does Louie sense?
3. What will Eddie be doing?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)