|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Muslims.
(b) Finding other Hindus.
(c) Finding other Jewish people.
(d) Finding other Catholics.
2. After what is Jay scrambling upstairs?
(a) An unsuccessful mission to find Grandma Kurnitz's hidden money.
(b) His brother during a game of tag.
(c) His pet rat that has escaped its cage.
3. How must Bella feel as her mother chastises her?
(a) Bored and annoyed.
(b) Excited and anxious.
(c) Unsure and irritated.
(d) Angry and upset.
4. What is Bella and Johnny's plan?
(a) To have children right away.
(b) To move into Grandma Kurnitz's home.
(c) To open a restaurant together.
(d) To go back to school together.
5. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
6. What fascinates the boys?
(a) Bella's boyfriend Johnny.
(b) Their new pet rat.
(c) Uncle Louie's demeanor.
(d) Grandma's personality.
7. How does the scene open?
(a) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
(b) With the boys talking about their father.
(c) With Jay reading his father's letter.
(d) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
8. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
(a) The boys have nowhere else to go.
(b) Bella threatens to leave the house and the store.
(c) She loves her grandsons.
(d) She wants to help out her son.
9. Whose living room is it?
(a) Eddie Kurnitz's.
(b) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(c) Arty Kurnitz's.
(d) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
10. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) He is going to join Eddie.
(b) He is taking them with him.
(c) The truth.
(d) His wife is also moving in.
11. Where are two strange men located?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) Around the block.
(c) By the school.
(d) Inside the black Studebaker.
12. With what has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Understanding Spanish.
(b) Understanding the foreign currency.
(c) Understanding how to sell scrap metal.
(d) Understanding the southern accents.
13. What is Louie for the boys?
(a) A best friend.
(b) A breath of fresh air.
(c) A strange house guest.
(d) A nuisance.
14. What is a new intrigue for the boys?
(a) A black Studebaker.
(c) Grandma's boyfriend.
(d) A new kid on the block.
15. By what is Grandma Kurnitz driven?
(c) Her driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bella able to understand this?
2. Where has Eddie's sales route taken him?
3. What does Louie sense?
4. What happens because the boys are not sure of their uncle's occupation?
5. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)