Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the boys feeling about their new environment?
(b) They are settling in.
2. Why will Eddie be doing this?
(a) He trusts the loan shark.
(b) It is the quickest legal way to earn the money.
(c) He needs to borrow more money.
(d) He has broken the law.
3. What does Louie divulge to the boys?
(a) He wants to take them with him when he leaves.
(b) He is on the run from the law.
(c) He found Grandma's treasure.
(d) How Grandma Kurnitz shut down emotionally when two of her children died.
4. With what else has Eddie been challenged?
(a) Finding other Catholics.
(b) Finding other Jewish people.
(c) Finding other Muslims.
(d) Finding other Hindus.
5. To what has Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agreed?
(a) Keep the boys.
(b) Allow Eddie to stay.
(c) Make dinner for the family.
(d) To let the boys go.
6. What does Louie do for Arty and Jay?
(a) He gives them a treat.
(b) Puts them on his payroll.
(c) He takes them with him.
(d) He calls their dad for them.
7. What does Louie eventually reveal?
(a) He is taking them with him.
(b) The truth.
(c) He is going to join Eddie.
(d) His wife is also moving in.
8. What does Bella do all the time?
9. With what good news is Bella bursting?
(a) She has a job at the movie theatre.
(b) She is moving.
(c) The good news that she intends to marry Johnny.
(d) She got into night school.
10. Whose living room is it?
(a) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
(b) Arty Kurnitz's.
(c) Eddie Kurnitz's.
(d) Grandma Kurnitz's.
11. Who is speaking at the beginning of the scene?
12. What does Bella tell the boys that Grandma has hidden?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A weapon.
(c) Expensive jewelry.
(d) $10,000 or $15,000.
13. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
(a) A promise.
(b) A chasm.
14. Why does it fascinate them?
(a) He is funny, nice, and brings the boys candy.
(b) He is a smooth talker and carries a black satchel of money.
(c) They have never had a pet.
(d) She is unlike anyone they have ever met.
15. Why must Eddie keep working, even after hearing the doctor's diagnosis?
(a) He needs to pay back the loan shark.
(b) He loves to work.
(c) He does not feel as bad as the doctor makes his diagnosis sound.
(d) He enjoys his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Arty and Jay?
2. What do Johnny and Bella need for their plan to work?
3. What would Jay do with it if he finds it?
4. How could finding this help Bella?
5. What has happened to Eddie's wife?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)