|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Louie give the boys for why he is leaving town?
(a) It is too dangerous for him to stay.
(b) He cares too much for the boys.
(c) He cannot stand Grandma.
(d) His business is finished.
2. What has happened to those who cannot deal with Grandma Kurnitz?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They have not been affected by her.
(c) They have moved out and never spoken to her again.
(d) They suffer in some personal way from her lack of affection.
3. Whose feelings were mutual?
(a) Eddie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(b) The boys' mother's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(c) Louie's feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
(d) The boys' feelings for Grandma Kurnitz.
4. How does the scene open?
(a) With the voice-over of Eddie's letter.
(b) With Bella welcoming the boys to her home.
(c) With the boys talking about their father.
(d) With Jay reading his father's letter.
5. Why is Grandma verbally battling with Arty?
(a) They do not agree over what to have for dinner.
(b) To force Arty to drink the horrible mustard soup.
(c) She loves to argue.
(d) Arty enjoys complaining to Grandma.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bella act to her family's protests?
2. With what has Eddie been challenged?
3. Into where is Bella eager to invite Arty and Jay?
4. About what does Louie tell the boys not to worry?
5. Why does Louis share this with the boys?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)