|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma chastise Bella?
(a) For not getting a real job.
(b) For wasting money on movies and movie magazines.
(c) For stealing from them.
(d) For sneaking into the apartment.
2. How does Eddie tell the boys?
(a) He comes home to tell them.
(b) He writes a letter to his mother.
(c) In his letter to them.
(d) He calls them on the phone.
3. Describe Bella.
(a) Angry and mean.
(b) Bright and a know-it-all.
(c) Sad and nervous.
(d) Mentally and emotionally challenged.
4. What must Eddie do?
(a) Locate his wife.
(b) Find a place to live with his sons.
(c) Travel for several months.
(d) Find his father.
5. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(b) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Eddie taken?
2. Why does Grandma Kurnitz reluctantly agree to Eddie's request?
3. What does Grandma do after chastising Bella?
4. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
5. How does the scene open?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)