|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play?
(a) 1842, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(b) 1942 Yonkers, New York.
(c) 1942, Yonkers, Pennsylvania.
(d) 1842, Yonkers, New York.
2. Whose living room is it?
(a) Arty Kurnitz's.
(b) Eddie Kurnitz's.
(c) Grandma Kurnitz's.
(d) Great Uncle Louie Kurnitz's.
3. How does the scene open?
(a) Grandma Kurnitz is arguing with Bella.
(b) Eddie is saying goodbye to his sons.
(c) Arty and Jay are eating candy in the store.
(d) Two boys, Arty and Jay, sit uncomfortably on the couch waiting for their Father, Eddie, to emerge from Grandma's bedroom.
4. What exists between Grandma Kurnitz and Bella?
(b) A promise.
(d) A chasm.
5. What is the war to Eddie?
(b) Good news.
(c) Nothing new.
(d) Bad news.
Short Answer Questions
1. How have Eddie and the boys been left?
2. What will Eddie be doing?
3. What news does Eddie's doctor give?
4. What has Eddie taken?
5. What do the boys come to understand about their father?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)